main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bemusement (Wes/OC vignette, for the Wes Janson Challenges)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Smuggler_Shidakis, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Title: Bemusement
    Author: Smuggler_Shidakis
    Genre: Romance
    Characters: Wes Janson, OC
    Summary: Wes in Love [face_love] For Darth Elu's Challenge

WARNNG: Unbetaed.

Bemusement

He watched her.

He wasn't quite sure why. There was just something about her. Something about her wry grin; something about the way she pulled her fiery scarlet mane up in a sloppy tail. There was something that intrigued him in the way she rolled her sepia eyes when he did something particularly stupid. Something about the way she refused to paint kills on her X-wing appealed to him. Something about her intensity, her sense of honor, her rare but brilliant smiles, that attracted him.

It confused him, scared him, even, when Hobbie nudged him back to reality, and he realized he'd been staring at her. Baffled him when he fell asleep to find she'd followed him into his dreams. In the back of his mind, a thought he refused to acknowledge told him that what he felt for her went deeper than simple attraction. And this, perhaps, frightened him most of all.

All of his girlfriends were tall, leggy, and curvy, and none of them lasted long. It was simpler that way. Neither expected a relationship, both had a good time, and no one got hurt. He didn't get into long-term relationships.

He was Wes Janson. He didn't fall in love.

Which is why it mystified him. Siana's features were plain, rough and angular, her build was lean and muscled. And she simply wasn't the type that operated that way. She was the type of woman who went into a relationship because of true, deep feeling, one that she fully intended to commit to.

She was his exact opposite.

And in that ignored little part of his mind, the serious, mature part, he knew that he was rapidly falling in love with her.

"Base to Janson. Do you copy?"

Startled, Wes shook himself out of his reverie and looked across the table. His partner in crime, Hobbie Klivian, was snapping his fingers in Wes's face.

"You in there, Wes?

Shaking his head once more to clear his thoughts, Wes responded, "Yeah. Just spaced out for a second."

"Are you alright?" Hobbie was peering at him intently now, as if Wes was a puzzle that he couldn't quite solve.

He waved a hand dismissively and returned to his meal. "Fine." If he'd kept looking a split second longer, he would have seen Siana's caf-colored eyes turn his way.

~~~~

"Hobbie! Wait a minute, will you?" Wedge called as pilots climbed out of the sims. Hobbie, already halfway to the door, stopped in midstep. After gesturing for Wes not to wait, the pilot turned to Wedge.

"Yes, Commander?" he asked, clearly impatient.

Without preface, Wedge uttered four words he'd never thought he'd say. "I'm worried about Wes."

Hobbie's aggravated expression melted away into something Wedge didn't quite recognize. "You noticed, too?"

Wedge nodded grimly. "He said hello to me this morning without a single 'yub yub' or Ewok reference," he explained with a sigh. "I don't know what's gotten into him."

"Who." Hobbie corrected.

"Who?" he repeated, staring.

"Who's gotten into him," Hobbie explained. When Wedge continued to look blank, he stated simply, "Siana."

"You're kidding me." Flabbergasted, Wedge gaped at Wes's knowledgeable sidekick. "Siana? Siana Kelchek?"

"The one and the same." Hobbie confirmed. If he hadn't been so shocked by it himself, he would have laughed at Wedge's comical expression.

"Let me get this straight. Wes Janson, the most crazy, immature, annoying man in this galaxy, is in love with Siana Kelchek?" Wedge reiterated.

Hobbie nodded solemnly. "The poor man hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell."

"I actually feel sorry for him." Wedge declared, shaking his head. "Who else knows?"

"Everyone but Siana, of course. We're waiting to see what happens when she finds out."

Resigned, Wedge rubbed his temples tiredly. "Have they started the betting yet?"

"Yes, sir. Smart money's on a black

2. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    [*grins* So sweet, in a good way, like strawberry and sugar... I'll be back]

Elena

3. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Okay, just so you know, I'm an incurable lurker here on the boards. And usually I don't pay much attention to anyone who pairs any major character with an OC.

But WOW, this was good. Awesome job.

Just thought I'd delurk to say that. ;)

4. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    AWESOME!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

So sweet... so Wes... and it figures that Wedge would win the bet! :p

5. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    *beams at reviewers*

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great viggie, Gina. :)

7. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    *Laughs*

*lol*

that was funny! elu will be pleased to see someone wrote for his challenge :D

me like it

Mag

8. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    whoa, followed this from the mood challenge topic. . .

It's awesome, I love it! Wes is so cute in love, haha. . .very good.

yay~

9. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Aw, I'm glad you did this! It was very good...outa cheer Patrick up.

10. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    yeah it really will do it :D

11. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Yay! *cheered up* Someone did something for moi! :D :p

Great job, Gina. :) I actually want to see more of this Siana. ;)

12. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    =P~ =P~ =P~

Yummmmmmmmmmm......... Wes! =P~ :D

Pretty!!! Bravo Shidakis! As always a fantasticowonderificaljoyofabuloso job! (try saying THAT three times fast!) I love love love love LOVE Wes and you did a great job with him. If Wes were here he'd pat you on the back for doing a great job on him (please hold all sexually explicit comments for a private discussion at a later point in time :D ) and I think you did a great job too. Not that I don't ALWAYS hype your fics, but hey, other people will think I just said it cause it's a great story with awesome characters.

Okay, enough sucking up from me...... now go finish "Shine On" (pwetty pwease??? [face_praying] )

Ro :D

13. Master_Kiona

Master_Kiona Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    LOL!!! Gotta love Wes.. Great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.