main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *Ben and......* (AU Ben Skywalker vignette-) re: Ben Skywalker challenge *replies up 2/5*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Title: Ben and……

Summary: Ben Skywalker and his wife and son share a few moments together.

Disclaimer: George Lucas created Star Wars. Star Wars, LucasFilm Ltd. and all its content are currently owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company.

For the February Ben Skywalker challenge fic at http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/22850448/p5]Legacy[/URL] Child

Author Note

The highlighted words were assigned as part of the writing challenge.

Early morning was Ben Skywalker’s favorite time of the day. The sun was just beginning its ascent and the sound of the waves hitting the shore brought with them a special brand of calm. Everything seemed new just before the day began. Anything was possible.

“Stop daydreaming,” came the soft, sleepy voice of his wife. Ben’s eyes shifted from the sunrise down to the bed where his wife had just opened her eyes.

“Good morning,” he said as he leaned down and took her lips in a passionate kiss.

“It is now,” she quipped as he pulled back from the kiss.

Smiling down at her, both love and devotion shone from his eyes with equal fervor. He rested his hand against her swollen belly. His eyes filled with amazement when he felt their son move beneath his hand.

“He’s active this morning.”

She smiled. “He knows his daddy is here with us,” she told him.

“My parents are coming today,” he suddenly blurted out. “They’ll be here in a few hours.”

Syal Antilles-Skywalker, the oldest daughter of former Rogue Squadron commander Wedge Antilles gaped at her husband.

“How long have you known they were coming?” she demanded as she rose from their bed and began getting dressed, her nerves suddenly on edge.

Ben sighed. “A few days,” he said quietly.

Syal could hear the resignation in his voice. She knew that his tempestuous relationship with his parents had begun six years before when Ben was only eighteen. She’d just suffered the death of her husband and was still grieving. Ben was in the midst of coming to terms with the death of his cousin Jacen. Syal and Ben had known one another for quite some time. She’d even babysat him on a few occasions when he was a child.

The relationship had progressed quickly, despite the ten year age difference. Dinners out at fancy restaurants quickly turned into romantic meals alone together at her home or his.

“Mommy!” called out a small voice, breaking Syal from her thoughts.

Ben smiled from his position on the bed. “He’s awake early today.”

Syal nodded her agreement. “A dubious achievement, to be certain.”

Ben laughed as he rose from the bed and joined her in going to their son. Jaden Skywalker came along exactly eleven months after their first date. To say that Ben’s parents and hers had been angry when they were informed of her pregnancy was an understatement. They’d been livid. The conversation had ended with everyone involved yelling and screaming at one another. She and Ben had only recently begun speaking with their parents again.

“What’s wrong, honey?” Syal asked her five year-old son when she and Ben reached the small boy.

Unruly dark blonde hair flopped into the boys blue eyes as he shook his head. “Don’t know. Bad dream.”

Ben sat next to his son and pulled the little boy into his lap.

“What kind of bad dream?” he asked, hoping against hope that young Jaden wasn’t suddenly developing the Skywalker trait of being able to see the future through the Force.

The little boy just shrugged.

Ben stood with his son in his arms and smiled at the small boy. “You know what Jaden; you’re going to have visitors today.”

As Ben and Syal expected, Jaden’s eyes lit up.

“Who?” the five-year-old questioned.

Syal smiled at her son as she took him from his father.
    “Grandma Mara and Papa Luke.”

Jaden wiggled from her arms and set off for the front room, eagerly awaiting the arrival of the grandparents he’d only recently met but already adored beyond imagination.

Ben smiled and pulled Syal into his arms. He gently kissed her forehead before he softly spoke. “My parents love him the same what they loved me; unconditionally.”

“They love you that way still,” she reminded him.

Ben nodded against her head. “I know. It’s just been so hard to accept the way they treated us when they learned of our relationship. They had no right to react the way they did.”

Syal held her husband tighter. “I know, but it’s in the past. Your parents, and my own, still make me nervous, but we have to learn to deal with them. If for no one else but Jaden and this new baby, we have to try.”

Ben leaned down and connected their lips in a deep kiss. Their hearts sped faster, their love shined brightly between them.

“I love you Ben Owen Skywalker,” Syal whispered breathlessly against his lips once they finally pulled back.

Ben’s brilliant smile crossed his face. “I love you too.”

They joined hands and were about to make their way out of Jaden’s room when Syal noticed a few toy speeder components gathered in the corner of the room.

“What is all that?” she asked.

Ben laughed when he saw the parts. “Well, when Myri was here visiting a few weeks ago and she had all those artifacts from the archeological dig on Algora Prime with her, and she was explaining to Jaden the assemblage process. He tried the same thing with his toys since he wasn’t fond of the dirt-covered artifacts she had with her.”

Syal laughed. “He is certainly your son; playing with ships and speeders rather than ancient artifacts.”

Ben smiled proudly. “Yep, he’s a Skywalker alright.”

Syal leaned up and kissed his cheek before leading him out of the room. “Come on, we have to be ready for your parents.”

Ben’s groan sounded throughout the apartment.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  2. CloneCommanderCody

CloneCommanderCody Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2006
    nice...nice...nice=D= x1000

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awwww, I loved it Jen! [face_love]

Syal and Ben were so cute together! I love how much back story you gave in such a short fic!

Great use of the required words!

Wonderful Job!

4. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Wonderful story Jen. As always, you don't disappoint.

5. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Ben and Syal? Great pairing! :D

It's nice to know that the Skywalker and the Antilles families are finally joined together through marriage.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh Jen, that was superb! =D= =D=

7. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    CloneCommanderCody nice...nice...nice x1000

Thank you. :)

mavjade Awwww, I loved it Jen!

Thanks. :)

ZaraValinor Wonderful story Jen. As always, you don't disappoint.

Awww, thank you. [face_blush]

JadeLotus It's nice to know that the Skywalker and the Antilles families are finally joined together through marriage.

I've always thought Luke and Wedge would make great in-laws. [face_dancing]

HealerLeona Oh Jen, that was superb!

Thank you. :)

8. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Wow, that was really good, Jen :D A great peek into the future ;) I really like the parts that were ambiguous? Jacen's death, Han and Leia's objection to Ben and Syal's wedding (we might assume it's the age difference but we can't really be sure...). The mystery really adds another layer to the story.

Was also nice to see a Skywalker relatively happy :p

Nice job :)

9. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Wonderful response, Jen. =D= I was thrilled to see who you paired Ben up with. I always thought someone from the Antilles family would work well in either Jaina's case or now in the case of Ben. It's such a natural end to the equation. Just wish the profics could see it. Thank goodness for ff! [face_dancing]

Syal smiled at her son as she took him from his father. ?Grandma Mara and Papa Luke.?

That's an eyeopener...Grandma Mara and Papa Luke! Ah! Where does time fly? I'm happy they're around to see their grandchild.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.