main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Ben Has Been In Here Before -- Crack!Pairing Fest! Completed One shot July 17, 2017

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MartyAvidianus, Jul 17, 2017.

1. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Title: Ben has been in here before
    Author: Martyavidianus
    Timeframe: 51 ABY
    Characters: Ben Skywalker, Tallisibeth "Scout" Enwandung-Esterhazy, Corran Horn, Horn Ren, "Abee" Abeloth Ben/Abeloth
    Genre: Crack!Ship
    Keywords: Tahiri!Abeloth
    Summary: A Jedi Strike team is on board a doomed Stardestroyer to destroy the last avatar of the evil Abeloth.
    Notes: Obviously a crack!ship, but if anyone should like to ship these two, PM DARTH_MU and we will get a ship built.

Ben has been in here before.

The familiar corridor of the ship, the humid air all around him, all oppressing. If he turned right at the next junction, Ben knew he would see her.

Abee.

The old woman, Scout, walked nimbly in front of him, belying her age. The previous fight was horrible, and something in her eyes diminished. She was trying her best to hide it, but Ben could still feel pain radiating almost everywhere. It didn’t help his own discomfort. He scratched his own, physical, wound.

That thing that they fought five minutes before couldn’t be the shoto girl Ben a life time ago, Is it possible it has only been nine years? That horrible hook...

Ben shook his head to get rid of the image in front of his eyes. Seconds later the crazed face with those auburn hair was gone. Instead Ben heard panting.

“You okay, Master Horn?” Ben stopped, turning his head, and saw the bearded man limping toward him. This Corran Horn lost so much, Ben didn’t know all the details, but he knew enough. He knew that this version of Master Horn lost everything. Ben knew that Jysella Horn as a happy, vibrant, young woman who was just engaged to Hak Antilles. If something happened to her, what will happen to Master Horn?

“I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me.”

Scout, in the front, raised her hands. Hold.

A thin figure stood in the corridor just before the junction. Ben didn’t know where he came from, but the man behind him pushed him aside and half limp, half run and glared at the interloper.

“You’ll go no further, Jedi.”

“Valin.”

“My name is Horn Ren, Jedi. Behold a real Knight of Ren, loyal to the Supreme Leader”.

“Please, Valin. It’s over. The ship is crashing. The anomaly is closed. There is no your Supreme Leader here. There is no First Order! It’s not too late. This young man here says Ella is still alive this sid--”

Horn Ren was in no mood to listen, however. Even as his father tried to convince him, in front of Ben’s eyes the deranged man unleashed a storm of lightning, hitting Corran Horn in the chest.

“Enough of this! I killed that traitor, Horn barked like a rabid gumur, “just like I kill you now.”

Ben decided it was time to activate his lightsaber. By his side Scout’s blue blade joined his own in trapping the dark side energy. Master Horn was still groaning on the ground, a black ruin in front of his robe, but as of right now he was still alive.
    “I’ll hold him.” the old woman said to Ben. “End this once and for all”.

Ben stared for a second and run toward the last door. He heard the words “I have had enough of this First Order non sense.” as he covered the distance to the blast doors. He proceeded to cut the durrocrete, but it was slow work.

The doors opened on its own.

Ben walked in.

Ben also have been here before.

The figure, who had her back to him, was also the same.

She turned slowly, her blond hair was braided, and her eyes were grey. She looked the same the last time Ben saw Tahiri.

“Hello, Ben. Have you come to kill me?”

“Abee.” Ben walked toward the shoeless entity until they were at an arm’s length. “You have to stop.”

“Why?” Abee smiled a classic Tahiri smile. “Do you know how much energy it takes to maintain this meatsack? If I take more avatars, I will be more powerful, and the more powerful I become, people like you will be able to spend more time with your loved ones.”

Abee paused. “But now thanks to your father, and your new found friends, this avatar is the only one left. If you strike me down you will never be able to find her. I am the only one who knows where she is.

Ben looked into those unblinking grey eyes, searching for any signs of the green, but in vain. He sighed.

“You don’t know much about organic life at all, do you?”

“I know enough. I know all about every single species. All of your weaknesses, and your strength. Your illogical ideas of hate and love. That is why you deactivated your lightsaber as soon as you came in. That is why you won’t kill me now.”

“I have to stop you.” Ben shook his head. “You can’t just take people’s bodies. There are individual gentles inside every one of your avatars. The one you are in right now, for example, is--”

“Is dying.”

“Of course it’s dying. I can feel it, and I’m not that strong in the Force.” Ben raised his eyebrows.

“You don’t understand. If I let go for a second, this body, this Tahiri of yours, is going to split into ten pieces. That Kylo Ren did a number on her.” Abee paced around the bridge. “Once that self styled Master of Ren activates his cross guard lightsaber, this one never had a chance. And if anyone harms this avatar, no one will know where the other Tahiri is. And you love her, don’t you?”

“I.... She was my friend. She saved my life, just like you did.” Ben felt moisture in his eyes even as he tried to fight the blush in his cheeks. “Why did you save me on K’uthel?”

“I never been to K’uthel.” Abee said.

“I knew it was you, Abee. It was you. That Jysella Horn was already dead from alcohol poison from that forced wedding. Don’t deny it.”

“And that time on Chusan X, my father’s new Jedi academy, you were there to destroy it, to finish what the battle droids could not, but something stopped you, what?”

“It doesn’t matter.” Abee jumped down into a crewpit. She turned some knobs and clicked on some buttons in the empty crew pit, then like a cat Tahiri’s body was on the bridge catwalk again.

“I set the ship to self destruct, time to blow it up even before it hits the planet below. You’ll need to go.” Abee told Ben. “Your old woman and the cripple already abandoned ship after they killed the last Knight of Ren this side. We have to take the last escape pod.”

“You have to stop.” Ben insisted, rooting his feet on the bridge.

“And you need to go.” Abee raised Tahiri’s left hand and Ben was flying.

The escape pod doors opened by themselves. Ben’s head knocked against the escape pod window, almost cracking it. Something warm and blonde squished against him.

The escape pod launched.

He fell unconscious. When Ben woke up the blonde at his side was sleeping, and a gentle snoring filled the escape pod in deep space. Thin strands of black smoke came out of Tahiri's nostrils, and then with each inhale they were gone. The smoke touched Ben's left cheek every two seconds. It tickled.

Ben turned his head gingerly to look around the escape pod, then rubbed his eyes. Beneath his feet is indeed a human sized container.

The escape pod rocked. A tractor beam.

Ben was in an old scene.

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Very intriguing approach here. I am not very familiar with the NJO characters, but there seems to be some very interesting blurring of boundaries between the real Tahiri and this Tahiri-like shell inhabited by Abeloth, as well as between Legends and NuCanon continuities. And from what I can see, it looks like the two blurs are causally related: is the anomaly that has brought the Knights of Ren and the First Order into Ben’s universe part of what is enabling Abeloth to inhabit Tahiri’s dying body, which she can just barely hold together? We’re on some very surreal territory here, for sure, and the continued theme of Ben’s “been here before” familiarity with his surroundings adds that extra bit of déjà vu. (And what a wonderful bonus to see Scout as an elder, still fighting strong!) Thanks for sharing this fascinating piece and contributing it to the challenge! :)

3. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Thanks for reading and reviewing, Findswoman. This crack!relationship short story is a part of the whole The Bounty Universe I'm writing. It wasn't planned, but I guess this fic is canon within that universe :p.

The Bounty itself is a Canon vs Legend fic. Basically The FO sends its command ship, the Razor's Kiss, to rescue Kylo Ren after the Starkiller BAse went Kaboom. A huge explosion later, the Superstardestroyer drops into the Legend EU circa LOTF, 42 ABY.

As to why Abeloth is in Tahiri Veila's body, it's because Abeloth escaped her prison when the Razor's Kiss crossed dimensions. This Abeloth is most likely Disney Canon!Abeloth.

To get the whole "an old scene" experience, you can check out The Bounty. Specifically these chapters.

Chapter 7 of The Bounty, POV Tahiri Veila (Ben and Tahiri in an escape pod)
    Chapter 10 of the Bounty, POV Kylo Ren (Duel between Veila Ren and Kylo Ren)
    Alternatively, for the same duel between Veila Ren and Kylo Ren, but this time POV Veila Ren, see this drabble set. Defeat section.
    Chapter 11 of the Bounty. POV Tahiri Veila aka Oneness with the Force

The ending is inspired by the song "Red Ragtop" by Tim McGraw.
    Once again, thanks for reading.

Findswoman likes this.
  4. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    This was really sad and heartbreaking, especially for Ben. Seeing all of his family's friends die because of his girlfriend's insatiable lust for power. Well written and well done.

5. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Thanks for taking valuable time to read the fic, and your kind words. Nehru Amidala.

Yep. Abeloth is a liar and an opportunist. Ben fell in love (One sided crush?) with Tahiri. We see what we want to see and Abeloth took advantage of the situation after making an avatar out of Disney canon Tahiri 2.0. (For more details, see my drabble set). Ben didn't figure out the truth until much later, and by that time these two really did care deeply for each other.

6. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Love takes time, and sometimes we don't get a happily ever after. (Thranwn and Minerva have to work for theirs, and boy! will it be worth it). Hope to see you around my stories, one of these days.