main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tips & Tricks Ben Nye make-up

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Cami_Colucci, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cami_Colucci

Cami_Colucci Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2004
    I love their make-up, but other than through school (which i can't do anymore)

i don't know who a good person (repected, trustworthy) webstie to go through to get it...plus i'm not really sure what the name of the product i need, is

i need grey airbrush make-up...i was told they make it..but i don't know what it is called, or where to order it..

anyone know?

2. DarthCopper

DarthCopper Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005

I would check any make up or costume store in your area. DO not check places like MAC or anyplace that only sells their product.

3. abodeofthedamned

abodeofthedamned Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2004
  4. Cami_Colucci

Feb 7, 2004
    yeah we do not have any costume stores...other than like party city..which doesn't have any selection like that..

but i tired that website but i couldn't find the makeup that i need :(

but i'm going to keep looking

5. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    I ordered mine for Dragon*Con last year from Easleys.

http://www.easleys.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=208

Quick and not price-inflated. I've used them for four or five costume-prop orders and never had a problem.

6. abodeofthedamned

Dec 30, 2004
    My apologies for sending you on a wild goose chase. I forgot that Burman doesn't stock theatrical make-up.

7. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    I have placed several orders with Easley's, and I have always been pleased with them.

8. Cami_Colucci

Feb 7, 2004
    awesome i looked around ...seems like a good place to get it :) thanks everyone

9. Ice_Ghost11

Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    This is a link for the Reel Creations... It was referred to me as a good produtct. A bit pricy though. :)

http://www.reelcreations.com/flash.asp

10. Cami_Colucci

Feb 7, 2004
    yah i found them last night..i might be to bite the bullet though...cause i need grey....oh well

11. zamweasel

zamweasel Jedi Master star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    When I was doing Nightcrawler a lot last summer I used to go through like gallons of Ben Nye airbrush makeup.

I always ordered from these guys:
    http://www.fxsupply.com/

There prices are resonable, they ship fast, and their customer service is great. They never let me down.

-e

12. abodeofthedamned

Dec 30, 2004
    Reel Creations is wonderful stuff, but a bitch to get off. I beleve thats what they used on Nightcrawler and Mystique in the X-men movies. It won't run and needs minimal touch-up over a shooting day.
    I have the real tattoo palet and wouldent trade it for anything.

13. Cami_Colucci

Feb 7, 2004
    i need to do asajj ventress for a few days...does anyone know about how much it would take to do a bald cap, my face neck and hands...like how many bottles..?...cause i don't want to spend 95 bucks i'm going to need it ya know

14. abodeofthedamned

Dec 30, 2004
    If you are using an airbrush, Ben-Nye Aquacolor. One bottle should do it. If you are using a brush use the Aquacolor cake. Or go with a white creme makeup. One will do you. You can set with Final seal that should keep it in place. If you use a creme on a latex bald cap, mix a little castor oil into it on a separate pallet. It will keep the creme from eating the latex.

15. EricT

EricT Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2004
    I used Reel Creations makeup for Maul (both red and black), and absolutely loved it. It would not run no matter how much I was sweating (as long as I didn't drink anything alcoholic! LOL!), and resisted rubbing better than cream or grease makeups I've used. It did tend to be a bit of a mess to remove, as the easiest way to take it off was by slathering your face in cold cream, letting it sit for a couple of minutes, and then scrubbing with a washcloth you don't care about saving :). HIGHLY recommended to do this in the shower... You >CAN< remove it with rubbing alcohol -**OUCH!!!** - but I really don't recommend it, speaking from experience.

Eric Tank
    SL-7171 Garrison Tyranus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.