main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Ben Skywalker and the Shadows of the Underworld (A/A, post-NJO)! feat. Ben, Luke, and Mara!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LordNyax113, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordNyax113

LordNyax113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2007
    Author: LordNyax113
    Title: Ben Skywalker and the Shadows of the Underworld
    Characters: Ben Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade Skywalker, original characters.
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Synopsis: Ben must contend with a dark enemy in the depths of Coruscant, while his parents, try and rescue him before it's too late! Tune in often to see how Ben and company fare!

Author's Note: This intended to be a fun, simple story that has the feel of an action flick or adventure novel. I intend to do more stories like this in the future, all starting with "Ben Skywalker and...".

Ben Skywalker, Jedi apprentice, thirteen years of age, ducked quickly behind the corner of a stationary façade. The façade was actually a restaurant, one of considerable age, with a grey durasteel as its base material and numerous plasteel windows, al l slightly tinted. Ben playfully thought the diner was older than his parents. Then again, he shouldn?t have been surprised; most buildings that survived the occupation by the Vong were built tough, and thus were probably aged. Now wasn?t the time to be musing of architecture and other insignificant things, though. Ben had a mission to complete. He had been lured to CoCo Town on what felt like a planet wide chase.

Hiding while wincing his eyes, trying to locate his target in the Force, Ben thumbed his portable communication device to ?on? and whispered through it.

?Jacen?Jacen, are you there??

No response came through.

?Of all the times to hide in the Force Jacen??

?Looking for someone??

Ben nearly had a heart attack as his whole body jumped parsecs. He motioned his head towards the female voice.

?Do you speak Basic?? she inquired.

Ben put away his comm. and chuckled. ?Yes, I do, fluently might I add. Can I help you??

The female Chadra-Fan stared at him, also smiling. ?Actually, I was about to ask you that question. It isn?t everyday I find a human adolescent sneaking around our diner.?

?Your diner??

?That?s what I said.? Her grey head whiskers bristled. ?Am I to take it you?re having a hearing problem? Why are you sneaking around my diner red headed one??

Ben blushed to match her comment referring to his fiery mess of hair. ?Ummm?I?m looking for someone, and he?s hiding from me. I was just resting here, out of general sight. I?ll leave if you want me to.?

?You don?t have to,? she said. ?I wasn?t trying to be antagonistic. I?m just curious as to why you?re looking for someone alone. I?m always curious you know.?

Ben stepped forward. ?Most Chadra-Fan are,? he responded. ?I guess that?s why the saying goes ?curiosity killed the Chadra-Fan? I suppose. So, this diner?what does it serve??

?Anything from blue milk to Coruscanti mud pie,? she answered. ?Who are you looking for?? she asked, her tone changing.

Ben bit his lip, hesitating. ?A wanted criminal. I had him in my grasp and he bolted when I loosened the grip while fumbling for my communicator.?

?So you?re with the police force??

?Ummm?sorta. If you?ll excuse me, though, I must be going.?

She laughed. ?You aren?t going anywhere, I?m afraid. You?re coming inside to explain yourself. I don?t believe your story. Besides, just because you?re a cop doesn?t give you the right to snoop around my business.?

?Now just wait one minute. I?m not going anywhere with you, ? he assumed forcefully.

The Chadra-Fan cut Ben off. ?Don?t be so angry. I?m not taking you into custody. I fact, I?m going to give you a free dinner, a very generous offer on my part, and then you can fill in the gaps for me. And if you don?t come quietly, I?ll give a buzz to the police force and see what you?re really up to.?
    Ben swallowed hard. He knew Dad would be very upset if he had to go down to the CoCo Town precinct at this hour. He?d have to suck it up for now and go with the diminutive manager. ?Alright, you win. I?ll come in. But you better have bantha steak.?

She raised an eyebrow. ?What kind of diner manager do you take me for? Of course we have bantha

2. Zardi

Zardi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2008
    Ooo, another Ben fic! I'm on the lookout for these, because I have yet to "meet" Ben in profic: I have no intention of reading Dark Nest or LotF, so I'll have to wait and see if Ben is in Millennium Falcon or whatever books they come out with next. Anyway, I guess my point is that until then, fanfic is all I have. :p

This chapter was good lunch break reading. I'm interested to see what happens next. Can you add me to your PM list?

3. LordNyax113

LordNyax113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2007
    Of course. And thank you for your time in reading. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.