Fanclub Ben Skywalker Fan Thread!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Team Padme, Feb 6, 2013.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    A fan thread for Ben Skywalker, the son of Luke and Mara Jade.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Ben is one of my favorite of the new generation. I loved him in LOTF (especially in Traviss's books.) I liked his friendship a lot with Lon Shevu.

So far I'm 4 books into FOTJ. I'm not enjoying him as much as I did in LOTF.

I read some of DNT, he was rather unlikable.

I'd love for a post SOTJ trilogy with him as the main star. Preferably written by Aaron Allston. Also, I think he'd make a good master for Allana.
  2. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    I kinda enjoy Ben as well. I like how he keeps using his detective training as a Jedi.
    Katana_Sundancer and Team Padme like this.
  3. lukemaraben Jedi Master

star 1
    I agree that Allston should write a novel with Ben as the main character. It'd be pretty awesome.
  4. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    He was only about seven at the time though- and being manipulated by Killiks.
  5. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd like a trilogy. Maybe after SOTJ we can get one? Ben is one of the main characters in SOTJ, though!
    Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  6. lukemaraben Jedi Master

star 1
    It'll be fun to see Jaina and Ben work together and hopefully with Jag too. Trilogy or novel at this point I'm good with either as long as it's Ben.
  7. General Immodet Force Ghost

star 4
    Ben's children will probablt be red-haired since Kol Skywalker was red-haired in Legacy and Mara Jade was his mother.
  8. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    But it leaves one to wonder who the mother will be.
  9. General Immodet Force Ghost

star 4
    In my opinion, they do not have to reveal too much about what happened in between FOTJ/SOTJ and Legacy.
    Apart from the formation of the IKs, they do not have to show me who Ben is going to have children with.
    We know they are going to make a ST, so authors can better leave this time period alone for a while untill we know how the ST fits in the EU post-ROTJ.
    After the release of Episode 7, I would love it if they published a couple of novels and comics to fill the gap between FOTJ/SOTJ and Episode 7.
    It is always possible Ben appears in Episode 7. Of all EU characters, I think he would fit into Episode 7 pretty good.
    I think many fans who are not into the EU will love the reference in his name to Obi-Wan.
  10. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
  11. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    When Jag becomes Emperor I wonder if Ben will become an Imperial Knight? I think Jaina and Tahiri would make great Imperial Knights.
  12. awesomejedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Oooo a thread for Ben! Finally! Ben is one of my favorite characters, except for when he's acting like a dumb teenager.
  13. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    Why Tahiri? She was just murdering Imperials not that long ago........Of course Jag already had her as a hand, but anyway. :p
  14. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    When did Jag have her as a Hand?
  15. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    Apocalypse, but I assume she would not be kept on under the new administration. The newly elected leader of the Empire might have some issues with the fact that Tahiri murdered his father :p
  16. General Immodet Force Ghost

star 4
    Ben will not become an IK since he is an ancestor of Kol Skywalker and Kol was still a Jedi in Legacy.
  17. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for clearing that up. I just think Tahiri would make a great IK, personally.
  18. Plebeian Jedi Master

star 1
    I have a hunch she'd probably end up training/leading the first batch of IKs.
  19. General Immodet Force Ghost

star 4
    If the IKs are being introduced, the Imperial Mission can also be introduced.
  20. benknobi1 Chosen One

star 6
  21. benknobi1 Chosen One

star 6
    @Random Comments So that's who that is :p
  22. DarthJenari Force Ghost

star 4
    The character needs a YJK series to develop him more and give him a circle of peers outside his family.
  23. Random Comments Force Ghost

star 5
    You could have just asked! :p

Hello, everyone.

Personally, not a fan of legacy at all.

But I like Ben Skywalker. Obviously.
    benknobi1 likes this.
  24. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    Yuck :p

I think Tahiri should return to the Jedi Order in some fashion. There is no room for her in my Empire :p
  25. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Eh, I think the time has passed. He's almost twenty. They should've done one post DNT but pre LOTF. If anyone needs a YJK series it's Allana.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth