main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Ben Skywalker: Fathers Shadow (Post NJO New And Improved! Updated! 04/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi-Wan21, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Title: Father's Shadow

Author: Obi-Wan21

Timeframe: 48 Years After A New Hope

Characters: Ben Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade Skywalker, And OC's

Genre: Action, Adventure

Summary: Ben Skywalker has grown into a young Jedi Padawan training in the ways of the Force. Luke, his father and Master, has taken it upon himself to train him. Even though Ben was not pleased with it. Ben is now eighteen years old and has little interest in his father at all. Their agitation towards each other is heavy. But when choices arise, how will Ben make his decision?

Notes: A long time ago, in a thread far far away. There was my fic. A fic of the same name. That fic could have been better. I'm re-writing it. And so a re-post is due. Ben Skywalker, to me, is one of the most interesting characters. He hasn't be dealt with! So I'm free to write what I want! Expect a post a week (hopefully) I'm doing so many other things it's insane. But I love a good challege. :D

Disclaimer: Star Wars & all related characters belong to George Lucas. Any Characters that are not known, basically OC's such as Kiri, Jak, and others. Belong to me as does this story.

Next Post Is The First Chapter....

2. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Chapter 1:

A young Jedi was standing straight, he was in a meditation trance. The walls that surrounded him were from an ancient Temple. Suddenly, a Lightsaber was ignited and he opened his blue eyes quickly. Ben prepared for what could possibly happen, he had been waiting for his friend to come.

"You've betrayed the Order and everything the Jedi believed in. The Council's trust was in you," Ben stated to a black robed figure, which was holding a red ignited Lightsaber blade. "I've been ordered to bring you back. Dead or alive."

The robed figure said nothing, but raised his blade.

Ben let out a sigh of defeat. "I didn't want it to come to this." The young Jedi ignited his Lightsaber, the blue blade illuminating his face. Which was clearly agitated.

The two rushed at each other and their blades struck in mid-air.
    Ben quickly woke up from his dream and sit up in his bed. He was covered in sweat. The same "dream" had been happening for four months now. Ben had not slept for more then an hour each night. He looked to his clock. The green numbers flashed 5:50 AM

Ben threw off his blanket and stood out of bed, he then walked to his bathroom. Turning on the light he looked in the mirror. Ben was just wearing boxer shorts. He was very thin, but still contained muscle. The Jedi yawned and stretched out his arms, he was still very tired. The young Skywalker turned on his sink and bent over. He laid his hands in the water and splashed his face a few times. After blinking a few times his sight became more visible. Ben walked over to a door and pushed a button. It opened and inside was his clothes that he would be wearing. The Jedi quickly dressed, he then spiked his brown hair and left the bathroom.

He wore a short sleeved tight fitting black shirt with white around the collar, the sleeves, and the bottom of his shirt. Ben's shirt met the top of his black pants which flared out at the bottom hanging slightly over his black and white shoes. Around his waist was a black belt with small pyramid shaped spikes. On the left of his belt a Lightsaber hilt hung, the design was obviously taken from his grandfather.

Walking back Ben glanced at the clock again. It now flashed 6:01 AM //Shorter than last time// Ben thought to himself.

He went to his desk and sit down. "I have an hour and a half to waste until training starts with my 'master'." Ben was sick just thinking about training with his father. But today he would be around the other Padawans of the Order. Which meant he would see Kiri and some other friends. A few Masters there had even wanted to train Ben. They all said he had great potential. He would have liked any other Master but his father, even Jak would do.

Throughout the years he has turned against his father even more. Yet today he could unleash some of that rage, because it was Lightsaber combat. Ben enjoyed to battle his father and win. But the young Jedi knew it was not only enjoyment he felt, there was something else, something he tried to hide deep down in his mind. A darkness. It fueled his already powerful skills. Ben knew that one day if he didn't learn to control his darkness, that it would engulf him and lead to Luke's death. He quickly erased the thought from his mind and opened up his datapad. Ben leaned back in his chair and started to read it.

3. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Awww :( Ben beats his dad so easily and hates him too... this is a great fic though! I like the dream bit, that really goes here. But please...let Luke be holding back on the arrogant kid... I really like this fic! Another Ben Skywalker fic is definetly a good thing.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Poor Luke! His father and son relationships don't exactly go smoothly do they? Great start! I can't wait to see where this goes. I hope Ben remembers that while he is 18 his father knows nothing, but when he is 28 he will realize dad knew SOME THINGS, and by the time he hits 40 he will realize his dad is a genius, LOL!

5. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Suzuki Akira: I 'm glad you're enjoying it. But I can't say Luke's holding back, The Force is strong with Ben, so his dad may not be such a match for his skill.

VaderLVR64: LMAO. Glad you enjoyed it! Ben may realize things about his father, but that's only if he survives whats to come. :D

Anyway, thanx for reading guys!!!!! I'm working, well editing, chapter 2 hopefully I can have it up today. :cool:

6. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Gotta love it when an edit comes together so soon!! :D

Chapter 2:

Ben was standing a few feet away from a large column, his face drenched in sweat. Behind him stood a girl. She was 5'8" and had brown hair with blonde highlights that came to her shoulders. She was wearing a green tank top with black pants. The Temple the two had been in started to crumble.

Ben was using all the Force he could to stop the main column from falling. If it fell there would be no hope for them to escape. "Go now!" Ben yelled to the girl.

"I can't!" she said.

"I won't be able to hold this much longer, go!" Ben ordered.

"But-" "Now!" Ben cut the girl off.

Mara shook her son's shoulder softly. "Ben you'll be late for your training," Mara told her son.

"What? Oh, okay," Ben said rubbing his head. He had fallen asleep while reading his datapad.

"Is something wrong?" Mara asked.

"No. Not at all, I'm fine." Ben stood up from his chair and set his datapad back on his desk.

"You've just seemed a little off. Your father and I-"

"Listen I gotta go. Don't want to be late for Lightsaber combat." Ben saw that the clock flashed 7:29 AM He quickly opened his door and ran off. Mara let out a sigh of defeat as her son left. //There's no talking to him anymore//

Ben was rushing to the training door when he met his father. "You were almost late again," Luke said.

"Well, I made it this time. Can we start with the training?" Ben asked agitated, he didn't want to be around his father more than he had to.

"Yes we can." Luke stated, opening the door.

Inside Padawans and Masters were everywhere training in Lightsaber and Force combat. In the far back of the room at the center wall sit two chairs. A Jedi Master, who wore a leather brown Jedi Tunic with a long sleeved gray undershirt, occupied one of the chairs. He also had on a pair of gray pants and shiny light brown boots. The Jedi was sitting in a meditation position.

"I'm going to meditate for a few minutes. You can go on and start training with some of the other Padawans," Luke suggested. Ben turned without saying anything and walked over to a long line of lockers.

Luke headed off for the chair next to the Jedi Master. Luke sat down and placed his legs up in the chair.

"Hello, Master Skywalker," the Jedi greeted Luke.

"Master Strife," Luke noted. "I haven't seen you in a while on Coruscant. How are you?"

"I've been better," Strife answered dryly. "The past is still near to me."

"That has been fifteen years ago," Luke reminded. "A mere Padawan. The Darkside no longer has a hold on you."

"But it left its mark on me. It's still there," Strife replied grimly.

"But you turned away in the end, you made the right choice."

"Perhaps. Anyway, how is Ben?" Strife asked, changing the subject.

"He's become so distant," Luke responded. "I fear he has too much of his grandfather in him.

"That doesn't mean Ben will follow the same path," Strife said.

"Yes I know," Luke sighed. "I'd just hate to be training the next Darth Vader."

Strife laughed slightly. "A dark day indeed."

"His hatred is so strong," Luke explained. "He can't control it."

"With time he will," Strife reassured.

"I hope so."

Over by the lockers, Ben was talking to his best friend: A young female human named Kiri. She had blonde hair and green eyes. Kiri wore a yellow short sleeved shirt with navy blue hip hugger pants. She stood at 5'3" with a very slim build. "You should have came last night."

"I was busy," Ben answered simply.

"You know, if you want to meet friends you should do things," Kiri stated, closing the locker.

"I have friends," Ben defended. "I'm just not really a people person."

"Sure," Kiri rolled her eyes. "You're a loner, and that's not a good thing."

"I don't need anyone to watch my back," Ben replied. "I can handle any situation."

"Yeah, like when you almost killed the Giza," Kiri reminded. "You just had to try out

7. DropkickJake

DropkickJake Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    good start, but luke...getting beat down by a punk kid... i just cant beleive it would happen...showing bens power i guess, and i suppose if ben had been trained since he was a small child... i guess i can see it

keep goin!

8. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    DropkickJake: It's not just Ben's power, he uses the Darkside too, and we all know that grants you more power and strength. The thing is that he believe's he can control it. But no one can control the Darkside. It's one of Ben's mistakes. Anyway, thanx for reading!

9. DARTH_MARIANA

DARTH_MARIANA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    I was just dropping by to tell you that you're doing a great job! ;)

~*Mariana*~

10. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Thanx Darth!! Anyway, here's a new Chapter!

Chapter 3:

Ben aimed his Lightsaber for Luke?s lower left side, but the older Master quickly jerked to the right and missed the first attack. Luke then slashed his Lightsaber down at Ben, but he side-flipped over the Lightsaber and his Master, landing safely crouched behind him. Ben spun around with his leg out and tried to trip Luke, but Ben was just a little too slow and the attack was dodged by another flip. Ben faced his father?s mid-back, trying to hit it, Luke turned his Lightsaber upside-down and deflected the attack from the rear. Both Skywalker's faced each other, walking around in a countless circle.

Their Lightsabers were pointing upwards, Luke was beginning to sweat and tire, but Ben had just gotten started. The young Padawan jumped at Luke aiming for his right arm, unable to keep pace with Ben, the attack slipped past and Luke was struck by the weapon, he let out a small groan as Ben did another spin and hit his father just above the left knee. Ben didn't break off the attack; he continued to slash right and left over again at the Jedi Master. Tripping, Luke fell on his back and his Lightsaber flew out of his hand. Ben twisted his Lightsaber and brought it up only a few inches away from Luke's neck.

It was so close Luke could feel the heat coming from the Lightsaber. Deactivating the Lightsaber Ben lowered and hooked back onto his belt. Luke pulled himself up breathing hard as sweat dripped from his face. Using the Force, he pulled his Lightsaber to his hand and clipped it back on his belt.

"We're done for now," Luke got out.

Ben said nothing but nodded.

The old Jedi walked back up to the chair by Strife and dropped down. Ben let out a small sigh. He wasn't very tired from the training exercise, but drawing upon that darkness did weaken him.

"You did good," Kiri complimented coming up beside him.

"Thanks," Ben said, "I thought I did pretty good up against the most powerful Jedi."

Kiri rolled her eyes. "Don't let your ego get in the way, Ben."

"I don't have an ego!" Ben defended "I've just never lost."

"You don't win all the time either. Mostly you tie with your dad, this is the actual first time you beat your Master." Kiri corrected

"Alright fine, you have a point," Ben responded dryly. He didn't want this argument to continue all day.

"Good." Kiri replied, ending it there.

"Tired?" Strife asked Luke.

"Very much," Luke answered wiping sweat from his forehead.

"He's good now. Better then the last time I saw him," Strife stated.

"Yes. He is growing stronger each day." Luke shifted in his seat so that the medic droid could examine his bruises. A small shot filled with bacta was put in to Luke's right arm. He shrugged as it was pulled out. A bandage was then placed on it. The small droid moved to his left leg and repeated the process, another bandage was placed and the droid left.

"How is your daughter?" Strife wondered

"She's fine. Only six years old though," Luke reminded him.

"Showing any Force potential?"

"Naberrie has shown some, not much though. I don't want to bring her here yet, Han and Leia are watching her right now," Luke said rubbing his arm; it still stung a little. "Han and Leia though will be bringing their son here," Luke smiled.

"That's right, they did have another son," Strife remembered. "The Force seems to run strong in the Solo family." Something else Strife had to do also came to his attention as he looked outside. "I have to go. Business to attend to." the Jedi quickly rose to his feet.

"It was nice seeing you. Maybe our paths will cross again in the future." Luke let out his hand to shake.

"I'm sure of it." Strife accepted it and shook his old friend?s hand. He then grabbed his robe and headed for the Hangar Bay.

?Do you sense that?? Ben asked Kiri.

?No. I don?t sense anything here,? Kiri told him

?It?s not ?here?. It?s elsewhere, elusive,? Ben stated looking around the room. He

11. DARTH_MARIANA

DARTH_MARIANA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah! You go Ben! Kick your father's butt! And excellent name for Luke's daughter.

Great post!

~*Mariana*~

12. DropkickJake

DropkickJake Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    good job man

13. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Thanx guys! Glad you're still liking it. Hopefully I'll have another chapter up by the weekend, not sure though with my other fics I'm working on. :cool:

14. MJSLSBS

MJSLSBS Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2003
    this looks really interesting. can't wait for more. rebel ben seems comon these days.

MJSLSBS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.