main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ben Skywalker(mostly thoughts about his future)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Anakin_1984, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_1984

Anakin_1984 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2001
    I'm not sure if there is a topic for him in the literature forums and probably not necessary yet. However, the kid is probably around six months old now and, for me, the Solo twins got interesting in the Jedi Academy trilogy. It is a near impossibility that he has a major role in the NJO even if he's around two years old by the end of it. If they do create novels that take place after NJO, Ben will have a major role.

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Jacen and Jaina got intresting in JAT because that was the first time they really had a role. They were used sparsely(spelling please) in DEII and EE, and even lest in TLC.

3. leif

leif Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 1999
    i think its a loop hole so they can continue after the NJO wraps up....

4. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Remember how Jacen fought of the Dark Side Dragins in the Jedi Acadamy trilogy?

5. Anakin_1984

Oct 31, 2001
    Yeah, but Jacen had help from Luke.

6. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    It was still really cool to see a todlar with a lightsaber!

7. Anakin_1984

Oct 31, 2001
    Yeah, I know. Refering to our version of the lightsaber, a sword, I doubt that any two year old can do much with it even with the help from an adult.

8. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    It would be ridiculous to see a toddler with a lightsaber.

9. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    No it would definetly be cool.

10. DarthCow

DarthCow Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2002
    Im gonna agree with Leif, Ben Skywalker is probably a loophole to continue after the NJO. of course it will be Interesting to watch him Grow up.

11. Jaina11

Jaina11 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    Ben is definitely going to be a major character eventually. He's Luke Skywalker's son! Vader's grandson! I can't wait!!!

12. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    i think it's really cool that we get to see so many generations of skywalkers... star wars is basically a huge story following the life of the skywalkers (debatable, i know), and it's interesting to see how the galaxy changes through each generation...

that's why i'd like to find out about the skywalker line before shmi... who her parents were, etc.

13. DarthCow

DarthCow Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2002
    Perhaps Ben will go to the Darkside..

14. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I keep thinking Ben is somewhat deformed by Mara's illness and once he hits adolescence he will go mad and die or become handicapped, like in a wheelchair or something. I think that would be a nice story twist. Kinda like to see him overcompensate by using the force since his body is crippled. They can create bionic structures for him kinda like his dear old grandpappy.

15. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Remember, Mara kept her womb clear of the disease specifically to protect Ben. I doubt he'll be deformed in any way via the disease.

He's definately got a destiny ahead of him. Simply being the son of Luke Skywalker and the grandson of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader ensures that. What that destiny is, only time will tell. His grandfather's was bringing balance to the Force. His father's was redeeming his grandfather. What is there for Ben to do? Hopefully the Yuuzhan Vong will be gone by the time he's grown, so not them. Something else. Something to be revealed as time goes on.

16. JediASolo

JediASolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    They said in Rebirth that Luke saw him at the helm of a ship of strange design...I think something's gonna happen with the Vong...if there's a possibility that the Vong aren't defeated at the end of the NJO, I just came up with an interesting theory...maybe the title Force Heretic is referring to Ben...he will convert to their...religion and beleifs and think the Jedis' true destiny is with the Vong and will defect and turn himself over to them. The Vong shape him like they almost did with Tahiri, and he becomes a dark Jedi-vong warrior.

I don't think that would work, though. I thought it up in 5 min. so I didn't think about it much. Just another one of my crazy NJO theories...I also think Jaina will get pregnant...so, go figure.

17. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    If they decide to carry the story past NJO, I only hope they don't rehash what has already been done with the Solo kids.

18. leif

leif Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 1999
    maybe Ben will just be another Underachiver. kinda jarjarish with the force. sloppy with a lightsaber. not too bright. a little overweight. and he has a sick crush on his aunt jaina. always smelling her cloak when she isnt in the room.

19. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Maybe Bens destiny lies in the unknown region where the really haven't talked about alot maybe the Vong push the republic there. Or the vong are defeated and a new threat arises (which this is Star Wars so it's gonna happen there won't be any peace) If you look at the maps the unknowns blank spot is pretty big. I think maybe Ben will take us there

20. Darth_Infamous

Darth_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    According to TIMETALES, if you go to near the end when after it discusses the NJO it says about how the POST-quels were supposed to go as far as story, and it says Ben (skywalkers son is how they refer to him) goes to the darkside and in a twist of irony the father redeems the son. So luke redeems both ben and anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.