main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ben Skywalker

Discussion in 'Literature' started by asimon2005, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asimon2005

asimon2005 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    Does anybody think Luke's future son might stir to the Dark Side.

2. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    I think Luke's son is more in danger of turning to the Stu side.

Okay, seriously? It'll likely be touched upon. Going temporary Sith seems to be all the rage lately in the story, so I wouldn't be surprised if little Benjamin skirted around the edge for awhile. Y'know, Daddy steps on his favorite toy and oh my gosh, ALL WORLDS SUFFER FOR THE TORMENT OF HIS LOST EWOK DOLL. Force have mercy on the galaxy when they try to get him to eat his vegetables. Only then will the Jedi know the true power of the dark side.

Something like that.

3. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Call me crzy, but I don't think Ben will even become a Jedi. Think about it. He's the son of two of the most powerful Jedi in the order. His midichlorian count is undoubtedly off the chart. Everyone's naturally expecting him to become a Jedi, but what if he just doesn't want to? I think it could become something along the liens of "Dad, I don't want your future, I just want to be an artist!"

Slimy!

4. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    For a glimpse of Ben Skywalker in action read The Lost Lightsaber in Star Wars Tales #19. I can not prove it, but I seriously think this story was our first taste of the up coming Legacy Of The Force novel series. We see an adolescent Ben prepared to fight a Vaderian cult started by Sith Lady Lumiya. Or at least that's my take on the story.

5. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    You do know that Star Wars Tales is not canon, right?

Slimy!

6. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Actually some SWT stories are canon and others are not. See some stories are vague enough that one can consider it canon until it conflicts with other canonical sources. Others like The Lost Lightsaber are 'planted easter eggs'. They are like I said a taste or a tease of the future. While yes some of the stories are so outlandish that they are purely for fun. Mark my words The Lost Lightsaber is a hint of where Legacy Of The Force is taking us. Prepare yourselves for some EPIC changes.

7. LijoT

LijoT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Nope, LFL has said before that Tales (as well as anything with the infinity logo) are not canon, and that they're allowed to do anything and at anytime in Tales for that reason. Also, the Lost Lightsaber is also a "what-if" scenario which doesn't flow with continuity. There, Luke's lightsaber that actually Vader recovered and gave to the Emperor, that C'Boath gave to Luuke, and Luke recovered and gave to Mara who gave it back to Luke who's currently keeping it(phew), ended up with completely random people in this story.

8. neo-dragon

neo-dragon Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Call me crzy, but I don't think Ben will even become a Jedi.

You're crazy :p Seriously though, I think there would be a lot of very disappointed fans if Luke's son was anything but a jedi. Also, there's no way that the only person to carry on the Skywalker name won't follow in the footsteps of Anakin and Luke. It just wouldn't be Star Wars anymore if the heir to the Skywalker legacy didn't become a jedi. There's just no way.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Star Wars Tales (pre #21) are not canon, but some stories can be partially canon if they are referenced in other sources (such as Extinction, Outbid But Never Outgunned, parts of Yaddle's Tale, Sandblasted, etc)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.