main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ben Skywalker

Discussion in 'Literature' started by skatalite, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skatalite

skatalite Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    His character interests me simply because it's a Skywalker and the potential he has in the upcoming series. Yet despite the Skywalker name, which seemingly automatically brands him an 'important' character to some, Ben is no where to be found in the Databank.

So my questions are as follows:

1) Where can I find more information on Ben?
    2) Are there any art pieces of Ben, specifically at the age he'll be at in the Legacy of the Force series?
    3) Has he been featured in any comics?
    4) What do you all think of Ben Skywalker?

2. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    1) Where can I find more information on Ben?
    2) Are there any art pieces of Ben, specifically at the age he'll be at in the Legacy of the Force series?
    4) What do you all think of Ben Skywalker?

1. He's in whatever books he's in.
    2. No. There's just that one baby drawing of him, which was just an article in the Insider.
    3. No.
    4. Not much. He's just a boring kid.

3. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    I found it odd that although the Databank has that Grammel guy from 'Splinters of the Mind's Eye', they don't even have Tahiri Veila- who was in a lot of the NJO and in the Junior Jedi Knights series, as well as Dark Nest. Maybe they'll put Ben in once he's had a bit more 'screen time'...

1) Perhaps try Star Wars Wiki?
    2) The Japanese cover of Rebel Dream has a picture of him in Mara's arms as a baby. But he is featured in a comic...see my answer to point 3.
    3) Ben's featured in 'The Lost Lightsaber' as a teenager- unfortunately I don't know much about the comics, but I think it's an Infinities.
    4) I'm really looking forward to reading more about him. I was a bit surprised at his characterisation in DN, I thought he would be a bit more serious. But then again, he is an eight year old boy. I just wish he wasn't apprenticed to Jacen.

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    1.) Wookieepedia and the Unofficial Encyclopedia are the basic places to start...

2.) and 3.) Ben features in a non-canon story in Star Wars Tales called The Lost Lightsaber. He's shown midteens, about the age he'll be in LotF...

4.) Great kid. But there are some things you really don't want to know!! :p :D [face_laugh]

- The Imperial Ewok

5. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Come on T_F, you're ruining all the fun. ;)

>>>1) Where can I find more information on Ben?
    4) What do you all think of Ben Skywalker? <<<

1) His early, early years can be found in the last couple of books in the NJO, but they don't deal with him very much. Your best bet for all your Ben info is the Dark Nest series of books, which deal with him enough so that he's one of the more important characters.

2) There have been some art pieces, but just about all of them have been of him as a baby, nothing special. The latest one is in the New Essential Chronology. Also see 3).

3) Actually, yes he has. He was seen in a Tales story (The Lost Lightsaber) that was collected in Tales Volume 5, though it is currently non-canon. There was a scan of it floating around somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment. There's one pretty good shot of him, IIRC.

4) I don't really have much of an opinion of him at the moment.

:)

6. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005

Please do not ask the fuzzball to elaborate on this ;)

7. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    What makes you think I want to!? :eek: [face_laugh]

But, that said... could I ask you to consider your answer to that one in the light of mine...? [face_mischief]

- The Imperial Ewok

8. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Ben Skywalker is the son of Kyle Katarrn.

It's why Kyle is never around when Luke is.

;-)

9. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005

I'm too scared.

Scared by an Ewok with an Imperial insignia...with a rather terrifying grin on his little cuddly face. ;)

10. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    You mean this guy?

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/Rogue_Follower/ewok.jpg]

;)

If Kyle is Ben's father, then he has some pretty good butt-kicking genes. That would also explain why he is shying away from the Force, in parallel to Kyle's journey.

11. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Can't be. Ben's ginger and Kyleis too smart to gowith that venus fly trap of a woman. He has Jan Ors. Oh and prinicples. :p

12. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Follower: it makes sense... [face_thinking]

But, let's get this thread away from the topic of my scary theories.

Ben's cool. A well-written kid, courtesy of Denning. There are flashes of Anakin Skywalker at that age, and a Skywalkerish try-hard attitude; but where is his cockiness (as opposed to his self-posessed self-confidence) from? Mara without the constraining discipline...?

Help me see this without thinking in Ewok terms, guys? :)

- The Imperial Ewok

13. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    :) Rogue_Follower, where in the galaxy did you find that Chiss Ewok? It's very, very scary.

Aaargh- look at its horrible red eyes...

Hey, you're right- he is a bit like Anakin Skywalker when the Chosen One was nine. Bright, confident...and compare his 'Astral!' to Anakin's 'Yippee!':)
    As for the cockiness...many boys that age tend to have it in spadeloads. Even some of the older, wiser ones....

14. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    [face_whistling] Actually, I made (well, manipulated) it around Halloween time using an art program.

15. EwokStromboli

EwokStromboli Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Probably just from being a spoiled kid---not as spoiled as the Solo Three, I suppose, but he's definitely benefitted from a GFFA upper tax bracket.

I think Ben is an interesting foil to early Ani: the former knows of the Force but doesn't really like it, the latter doesn't know of the Force (until, well, he learns of it ;) ) but is fascinated by his precocious nature.

16. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    I think Ben would have been a lot more interesting if he didn't have the Force. As it is, he's just another Jedi bratling.

17. EwokStromboli

EwokStromboli Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    From Luke's perspective, that would be like the Jedi equivalent of shootin' blanks, eh?

EDIT: Assuming Luke is the fa . . . um, nevermind. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.