main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ben-Staff

Discussion in 'Literature' started by whateveritis12, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Anyone object to the fact for Ben to wield a Saber-staff? While not exactly incompetent we know that he isn't exactly the best with a lightsaber. But in Outcast he took down a master of staff fighting when Luke was proving a point to the Baran Do sages.

So the question is would a Saber-staff be a good idea for Ben to adopt?

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    He can become the Little John of the Star Wars Universe. I actually like that idea.

3. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I'm for the Jedi picking up any weapon outside of the lightsaber for a change. (With the exception of the light whip)

I'm still waiting for Luke to rediscover how to take on a lightsaber with a plain wood staff Vodo-Siosk Bass style.
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/8/82/Exarvodospar_b.jpg]

4. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    What is that image from?

5. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    Dark Lords of the Sith. Link

6. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Ah. It's been a very long while since I have actually read that. Been meaning to though. Figured I'd worry about finishing the NJO first.

7. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Ben's saber skills probably have been greatly improved since his little sparring session with Luke. It'll be cool to see him use an alternate weapon though.

8. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I would like to see Ben use another type of "light" weapon. It would help Ben continue to forge his own identity and would help seperate him from his father.

9. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    By journey's end I expect Ben to be by a far the best trained Jedi in the NJO. Aside from his Skywalker blood, the kid is getting more intense, and diverse training that any Jedi his age has ever had. Like Luke, Ben will be a master of any weapon you give him. But I'm assuming he'll stick with the tried and true one bladed saber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.