main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Beneath the Earth: Mysteries of the Aquatic

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dark-Enigma, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agap_afima

agap_afima Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005
    IC: Joe Williams

Joe was still in the chair, passing the time. He began to look around at some of the other people here. There was a man in fairly nice clothing hitting on an attractive young woman. The man was packing a couple knives, it looked like. That was OK, Joe had a few of his own. There was a taller guy with brown hair and sunglasses. Why is he wearing those indoors? Joe asked himself. The man was wearing a band shirt and jeans, probably a mathemetician or something. One man with a scruffy beard looked something like a scholar. Something came over Joe, so he stood up and walked over to the man. Holding out his hand, he said, "Hello, my name's Joe Williams."

TAG: Thorr

2. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    IC: Thorr

"Hello, my name's Joe Williams."

Thorr took the man's hand. "Hi, I'm Thorr, pleasure to meet you." He scooted over so there was a place for Joe Williams to put his posterior. "What brings you here?"

TAG; joe

3. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:

Alarain almost jumped out of her seat when a voice sounded next to her head. "Oh,uh, hello." she managed.

She ran her fingers threw her hair a couple times and gave the man a nervous smile.

TAG-Marcus

4. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Marcus

She wsaid hello back. She seemed surprised. "So, what are you here for? I mean, what are you good at? ........." he soudned stupid, he knew, but he was bored. He often sounded stupid when bored.

TAG: Rain

5. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:

Alarain thought a second. Could she trust him? No,not with her name but with her expertise. "Photographic memory,diving,decodeing,slicing,and lock picking." she listed quickly.

For the first time she looked up into his face. She let her eyes meet his and gave him the 'I'm nervous' look. Then she let herself give him the tiniest smile.

TAG-Marcus

6. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Marcus Anthony

"Ah. Interesting combination of skills there. Myself, I excel in stealth and reconassance." he glanced at her. She looked nervous. "But, perhaps I'm tlaking too much...." He trailed of, waiting for a reply.

7. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:

Alarain shook her head causeing her hair to whip around her face. "No,i,um,I'm just not very talkative. My name's Alarain. But you can call me Rain." she said as a peace offering.

She smiled weakly and begged him for his name with her eyes.

TAG-Marcus

8. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Marcus laughed softly and looked at her. Alarain. What an interesting name. He spoke up quickly. "My nam eis Marcus. It is a pleasure to meet you. So, do you put any stock in this Atlantis thing?"

9. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:

Rain thought a second. "Nice to meet you too. I've always believed in the legend but nothing other than my imagination is tied into the project." she answered.

She kept full eye contact as she spoke. Something the didn't do very often.

TAG-Marcus

10. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Marcus gazed into her eyes as she talked. When she finished, he spoke. "I trie dto convince myself that there is no such thing as Atlantis. I even threw the tape away. Somehow or another I ended up here though." He smiled again.

11. agap_afima

Dec 19, 2005
    IC: Joe Williams
    Joe sat down. "Well, Thorr, I do just about anything. Hydrology, tracking, archaeology, geology, you name it. What I imagine they picked me for, though, is demolitions and maybe seismology, as those are my best fields." Relaxing, he smiled. "And yourself?"

12. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005

"Well currantly, I am a history teacher. I was in the Marines for a while, but I resigned when they asked me to join the CIA. You see, spying isn't really my thing. I guess they invited me along because I know a lot about weapons and the like. In case we run into anything... I'm pretty excited though, I love adventures. I will do anything once. So what do you like to do in your free time?"

TAG: Joe

13. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Aleksei

Aleksei sat and lsitened to the conversations around him. These people were all academics, except for the burly guy called Thorr. He seemed to live up to his namesake.

When the one called Marcus joked about not beleiving yet still coming to the meeting, Aleksei walked into the conversation.

"You're right not to believe; the place is a myth, it never existed." he said with a smile. Sure, they may consider this rude, but how else do you meet new people?

Tag: Marcus, Raine

14. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    Eric G. Winston
    Near Meeting Seminar, Auditorium - Parking Lot

The gray-blue Honda Accord pulled up several spots to the left of a reserved "handi-capped" parking area. A strange thought raced in Eric's mind. Was such a dangerous expedition really willing to bring along a cripple? Wait, what the Hell? He shook the thought free, and proceeded to turn the key, sending the car's engine into a sound rest.

Eric swung the door shut behind him as he went for the vehicle's trunk where he grabbed his luggage consisting of an average-sized brown travelling bag for his clothes, and a smaller backpack which contained his tools, and other personal belongings.

Winston sighed to himself as he hoisted the pack over his shoulder with one hand. The fact that it was filled with wrenches, screwdrivers, ratchets, and even a small tire-iron made it just a tinge heavier than the average handbag. He told himself the night before that he'd probably be supplied with fresh new tools when he started working for William's-and-Friends as lead Mechanic, but he just didn't feel right without these. He grew, in more ways than one infact, with them.

He started towards the auditorium until he was stopped by a neatly dressed young man near the entrance to the rather large building.

"Hello there! My name's Mr. Hart! How may I help you?", he chimed, a small notepad and pen in his hands. Eric noticed that he was gripping a small notepad and pen; the pad had over two-hundred names listed on it, most of which were crossed out.

"'Mornin'," replied Eric, giving a short bow, "Winston, Eric G.... At your service."

"Mhmm.. Mhmm.", the man nodded, tracing the length of several papers on the notepad with the end of his pen. "Ah yes! Mr. Winston! Welcome aboard. You're just in the nick of time, actually, the doors were ready to be closed. And once that happens, no one gets in. No one."

"Alrighty then.", Eric nodded back, starting for the entrance-

"I'll take that, sir. You step right in and make yourself comfortable, refrishments are being served while Captain Williams prepares to give his speech.", the man snatched Winston's book before he had a chance to negate him the opportunity.

"Well.. Just don't drop that bag. The small one!", Eric yelled, albeit calmly, while the man ran off into the distance. Wasn't he supposed to be checking names? Eric shrugged and continued on into the Auditorium, removing his Dodgers baseball cap.

TAG: Anyone who would like to converse with Eric..

[b]OOC:[/b] [i]Here's an idea of what Eric sort of looks like, minus the claws and with a calmer hairstyle..[/i]

[image=http://wolverine.x-knights.com/fullsize/wolverine107.jpg]

15. agap_afima

Dec 19, 2005
    IC: Joe

Joe chuckled inwardly. The response I kill people flashed through his mind, but instead he said, "I think I might be the only person here who isn't an academic. The only reason I know what I do is because it was part of my training. I work for a firm called JTI." He exhaled. "I can't really tell you about JTI, but suffice it to say that what we mostly do is espionage. I'm their best agent." For some reason, Joe trusted Thorr. Thorr had a kindly look in his eyes. "In my free time, I either exercise or read up on whatever it is the next mission calls for."

16. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005

Thorr looked at Joe. He certainly fit the steryotype.

"Ah, I see. As I said, I'm not to into the whole "agent" thing. I'm deffinetly not an acedemic though. Sure, I teach highschool history, but that is just because I love kids. And history. My true passion is fighting. It doesn't rule my life, but I love fighting. Don't get me wrong, I can rub elbows with the best of them, but there is nothing like a good fight. I love to read as well. It's an interesting combination, but it's what I love."

17. agap_afima

Dec 19, 2005

"Interesting. I'm a bit of a warrior myself. I could tell that you knew how to handle yourself. Been in many fights?" Joe asked with a grin.

18. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005

"Interesting. I'm a bit of a warrior myself. I could tell that you knew how to handle yourself. Been in many fights?"

Thorr couldn't help but grin. "Well, it depends on what you mean by "fights." I have been in many, uh, altercations. Most of them were completly military though. When I was in my squad with the marines, we went on a lot of different missions, all over the world. I've only been in a couple of fights outside of the military though..."

19. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: MArcus Anthony

Marcus was reluctant to look away from Rain, but he did. The comment came from next to him. Atlantis wasn't real? Well, we'll see about that. He decided to speak.

"Oh, I never said Atalintis wasn't real. I've always kinda believed, despite everyone telling me it's not true, that those sorts of things weren't true. owever, I tried to come up with an excuse for not coming. I couldn't find one."

TAG: Rain,and other

20. agap_afima

Dec 19, 2005

"Military...You know, I started training when I was 16. On my first mission, I killed two people. I was so shocked that I did it that I didn't eat for a day or two." Joe sighed. "War really ruins lives, you know?"

21. Eme-ma_Himou

Eme-ma_Himou Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    OOC: Any way I can still get in on this?

22. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    OOC: We haven't even begun the actual speech yet, so.. I'm sure you can dig your way in like I have. :)

23. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005

"War really ruins lives, ya know?"

Thorr grimly nodded his head. He knew better than most the consequnces of war. His life had been touched by war in more ways than one.

"Yes. There is no doubt about it. As much as I like fighting, I HATE war. It is so sensless, so pointless. It just creates more war. I guess that was one of the reasonos I go out of the marines. Couldn't handle the war..."

TAG: joe

24. agap_afima

Dec 19, 2005

Joe nodded his head. "I'm just hoping that whatever this is, it won't involve killing. I need a break from killing." He figured that Thorr could be trusted, so he continued. "Did you ever hear of the Iapetus? Yeah, I didn't think so. It was a spy satellite with a powerful EMP built in. Some terrorists," Joe smiled at the thought,
    "had stolen the codes for the satellite and were going to take over. My partner and I left their bunker and trekked through the forest. The codes weren't very far. I took one thug and my partner took the other. I chased after the one guy, but I turned around and saw that the other thug had a gun to my friend's head." Joe closed his eyes.
    "I had never killed anybody, but I couldn't let my friend die. I shot the thug. Then I turned and shot the other one, too. Yeah, I helped save the world, but now I had blood on my hands. I was 16 years old. I've never been the same. That's why I don't want to have to fight on this trip."

25. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Cassey Walker

Cassey helped Deuce out with the slide projector. It didn't want to seem to work for a minute or so, which scared Cassey slightly, but as soon as its fan began to spin, she knew it was working and felt relieved.

She looked out at the people arriving, some just before they were going to shut the doors, and others in full out conversations about themselves. She couldn't hear what they were saying though, but not like she cared, there were too many and they were all in conversation, besides a few here and there.

Cassey looked back at Deuce while he prepared the speech. "Perhaps we should get started with the speech now." She suggested quietly, watching him and his reaction at her suggestion.

Cassey took a seat on one of the two chairs pulled up a few feet away from the podium, her blue eyes scanning the crowd once again and tossing a curly strand of hair back.

Tag: Deuce and All

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.