main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Beneath the Earth: Mysteries of the Aquatic

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dark-Enigma, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    OOC: Agap, I am farily sure you mean to tag Deuce ^^^ not Thorr

2. agap_afima

agap_afima Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005
    OOC: :oops: Good call, I didn't catch that.

3. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    OOC: I'm pretty much gonna sit it out for now until the time-jump. Personal introductions can be made later at the cruise-ship, I think. ;)

4. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    IC: Deuce Williams
    Sacramento Department of Public Safety, Assembly Room

"Just dynamite?" Joe asked. "I was hoping for some C4 or TNT, maybe some ANFO slurry."

"Like I stated," Deuce said, mildly taken aback and somewhat insulted by the comment that implied that the current supplies of the expedition were not satisfactory for Joe, "we will supply what is necessary. Studies of Atlantis that have been ongoing for over a thousand years do not indicate any obstacles that require such violent force. I can assure you that we are not limited on supplies, and the ship itself has a definitive weapons system, just in case such force is needed. And unless you have gills and some waterproof fuses, I don't believe that you would be able to ignite dynamite inside the aquatic."

Deuce took note of only a few people left in the assembly room, and of those few, all were preparing to leave. "Now, if there is nothing else, you are dismissed."

Tag: agap_afima, others

5. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006
    GM Note: We will now commence with the time jump. :)

[b]IC: Deuce Williams[/b]
    [i]Sacramento Airline Facility[/i]

[blockquote]With Ludwig van Beethoven's 5th Symphony playing loud on the radio, Deuce Williams pulled his silver 2005 Dodge Durango into the nearest parking spot in the lot of the Sacramento Airline Facility, easing up on the gas pedal and slowly pressing the brake. Once the car came to a halt, Deuce sat in his seat for a while, his head laid back and his eyes closed, listening to the beautiful classical music. After the piece of beautiful musical art came to a halt, Deuce turned off the ignition as the engine's activity was negated.

He opened the door and stepped out, taking in the fresh morning air of California. The sun was rising, shining light down on the dull concrete surface of the airport. Deuce was adorned in a white suit with a light blue tie and black, polished shoes. Scented aftershave on his face, he walked towards the airport, noticing that his vehicle was the lone member of the prodigious parking lot. He glanced at his golden Rolex watch that read seven forty-five. His comrades should be arriving shortly.

Stepping into the airport after sliding his proper card into the corresponding slot, Deuce gazed around at the reflecting polished black tile, the grey and dark blue painted walls, and the high grey roof above. He walked over to the red cushioned seats where fliers would sit and wait to board their plane. In this case, Deuce awaited the arrival of his comrades and the two pilots who would be flying the crew to Fort Bragg. He picked up a nearby History magazine and flipped through the many pages, perusing the intriguing articles written by talented reporters. He glanced at his watch once more. Seven fifty. Any minute now. [/blockquote]

[b]Tag: All[/b]

6. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Cassey Walker

Cassey stepped out of her blue jeep. The top was currently on, to save her curls from being blown at constantly and then she'd have a head of massive knots and tangles. She was casually dressed in jeans and a white long sleeved shirt, and her curly hair was brought back into a low bun. She pushed the driver's seat forward and grabbed her single bag, throwing the strap over her shoulder and slamming the door shut.

Cassey went inside the airport and showed the workers there her ticket. They directed her to her gate and she headed over there, hoping that she wasn't the first one there. Red chairs outlined the large window that showed the other jet planes and the road they followed before taking off, and sure enough, she was there second. She approached Deuce quietly and sat her bag down on the floor, picking the seat next to him.

"Interesting group we have," Cassey started, watching her captain as he flipped through a History magazine. She looked down at her watch.

"Ex-marines to demolitionists. Very interesting group."

Cassey pulled out her thin glasses and scanned a random magazine, just to pass the time until the rest of the crew mates arrived.

Tag: Deuce

7. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006
    Sacramento Airline Facility

As Deuce continued to survey the well-written magazine on the events of World War I, he looked up and smiled as he saw Cassey Walker, his Lieutenant, approaching. It had been a while since they had worked together, and Deuce looked forward to combining their efforts into one mission once more. She took a seat beside him and found a magazine of her own.

"Interesting group we have," she said. "Ex-marines to demolitionists. Very interesting group."

Deuce chuckled. "Haha, indeed. Hopefully our aggressive demolitionsists won't become short-tempered with our genius mathematicians. After all, they do have very contrast personalities. But I have no doubt that they will be productive."

Tag: spacelady

8. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Cassey Walker

Cassey gave Deuce a plain look from the corner of her glasses. "We can only hope." She said and gave a chuckle.

She tossed the magazine she was reading just before onto the seat next to her and pulled out her journal and a pen from her bag on the ground. She crossed her legs and began to write in hieroglyphics.

"Today is the beginning of our journey to find the Lost City of Atlantis - I can only hope we do indeed find it. Oh what symbols we would find!

We are heading into the Pacific ocean as I had found an error in the artifact we discovered. Captain Deuce and I are currently waiting at the airport in Sacramento, waiting for the rest of the crew mates to arrive... what an interesting group we have, is all I can say, currently, on them. They range from marines, marine biologists, linguistics (like myself), symbolists (also like myself), mathematicians, and demolitionists. I wonder if we will even need the use of the ex-marines and demolitionists...

Cassey added the date at the top of the entry.

Tag: Deuce

9. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006

"We can only hope," Cassey said, chuckling.

Deuce smiled. "We can do much more than that, Cassey, for hoping gets you nowhere. We can help them and assist them in working together as a group, not just a bunch of superstars who think only of themselves like the New York Yankees." Deuce gave a humorous chuckle as he noted Cassey writing in her journal. A very good idea. Who knows, Cassey could become the next Anne Frank. Looking back down to his magazine, Deuce found an article on his favorite composer, Ludwig van Beethoven.

Beethoven was born at 515 Bongasse, Bonn, Germany, to Johann van Beethoven (1740?1792); and Magdalena Keverich van Beethoven (1744?1787) in 1770. Many reference works show 16 December as Beethoven's date of birth, since he was baptized on 17 December and children at that time were generally baptized the day after their birth.

Beethoven's first music teacher was his father, a musician in the Electoral court at Bonn and an alcoholic who beat him and unsuccessfully attempted to exhibit him as a child prodigy like Mozart. However, others soon noticed Beethoven's talent. In 1787 young Beethoven went to Vienna for the first time. While in Vienna he played songs for Mozart. Mozart was very impressed with Beethoven's performance. He was given instruction and employment by Christian Gottlob Neefe, as well as financial sponsorship by the Prince-Elector. Beethoven's mother died when he was 17, and for several years he was responsible for raising his two younger brothers.

Beethoven moved to Vienna in 1792, where he intended to study with Joseph Haydn. Haydn didn't like Beethoven's unorthodox music ideas so he terminated his lessons. Beethoven quickly established a reputation as a piano virtuoso, and more slowly, as a composer. He settled into the career pattern he would follow for the remainder of his life: rather than working for the church or a noble court (as most composers before him had done), he was a freelancer, supporting himself with public performances, sales of his works and stipends from members of the aristocracy who recognized his ability.

Beethoven's career as a composer is usually divided into Early, Middle, and Late periods.

In the Early period, he is seen as emulating his great predecessors Haydn and Mozart while concurrently exploring new directions and gradually expanding the scope and ambition of his work. Some important pieces from the Early period are the first and second symphonies, the first six string quartets, the first two piano concertos, and the first twenty piano sonatas, including the famous Pathétique and Moonlight.

The Middle period began shortly after Beethoven's personal crisis centering around deafness. The period is noted for large-scale works expressing heroism and struggle; these include many of the most famous works of classical music. Middle period works include six symphonies (Nos. 3?8), the last three piano concertos, triple concerto and his only violin concerto, five string quartets (Nos. 7?11), the next seven piano sonatas including the Waldstein, and Appassionata, and his only opera, Fidelio.

Beethoven's Late period began around 1816 and lasted until Beethoven died in 1827. The Late works are greatly admired for and characterized by their intellectual depth, intense and highly personal expression, and experimentation with forms (for example, the Quartet in C Sharp Minor has seven movements, while most famously his Ninth Symphony adds choral forces to the orchestra in the last movement). This period includes the Missa Solemnis, the last five string quartets and the last five piano sonatas.

Considering the depth and extent of Beethoven's artistic explorations, as well as the composer's success in making himself comprehensible to the widest possible audience, the Austrian-born British musician and writer Hans Keller pronounced Beethoven "humanity's greatest mind altogether".

Beethoven's personal life was troubled. Around age 28, he started to become deaf,

10. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Marcus Anthony

Marcus pulled up in the taxi cab early the next morning. He already saw a blue jeep and silver car parked there. Unsure of where to go, he paid the cab driver, and made his way inside the airport. He wandered aroudn for a bief while, trying to find his way around the airport. He had never been here before. After several minutes, he saw Duece sitting their in conversation with the lady. He made his way over and sat near to them, preferring to be by himself for some reason.

TAG: Any

11. agap_afima

Dec 19, 2005
    IC: Joe Williams

Joe stepped out of his black Porsche and looked around at the location. He was in his combat attire, black boots, black pants, a black shirt, and a black bag on his back. In his pocket were black gloves. Joe carried a small duffel bag carrying his clothes and personal items. In the backpack, however, was his equipment. He had his PDA, a camera, a couple small explosives, and a Glock that had been disassembled and scattered about in the bag. He had no ammo, though. He also had, among lots of other things, a case of syringes that had a bit more than prescription drugs...Joe put on his sunglasses and entered the airport. Looking around, he saw Deuce standing next to his lieutenant. He started towards Deuce. Joe asked, "When does the flight leave?"

TAG: Deuce

EDIT: Sense

12. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006
    OoC: agap, Deuce is not standing outside of his car. He is inside the airport waiting on the crew to arrive.

[b]IC: Deuce Williams[/b]
    [i]Sacramento Airline Facility[/i]

[blockquote]As Deuce sat in his comfortable red cushioned chair, his mind hovering between the magazine and the mission that he was about to embark on, he noticed the third crew member arriving. Deuce had done well to memorize all of the crew members, and recognized this one to be none other than Marcus Anthony. The newcomer found a seat, near Deuce and Cassey but not next to them.

"Good morning, Marcus," Deuce said, setting his magazine down on his lap and smiling. "Today's a big day, as I'm sure you are aware. You ready for it?" [/blockquote]

[b]Tag: Chukles, spacelady, the rest[/b]

13. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    Eric G. Winston
    ~Sacramento, California - Airport Parking Lot~

Eric pulled the keys out of his grey-blue Honda Accord, taking a deep breath as he brough the medium sized foam cup of coffee up to his lips for a deep swig. He'd rather get his coffee in from home, than to drink the stale, sugarless coffee the flight attendants would offer him later on that morning.

He stepped out and shut the door behind him, stuffing the car-keys into his side pocket as he walked with a mixed measure of both calm and speed towards the Airport's entrance. He scanned the vast parking lot surrounding him, looking down at his brass watch, which read 7:56am. He hoped that Captain Williams wouldn't grow a fit because of his second day of lateness. The man probably hadn't noticed before, but today was a different story entirely.

Winston sighed, not having to worry about his luggage since he had recieved information that his belongings, which had been taken from him the day before, would be safely sent to Fort Bragg, and would be there by the time Eric got there. He entered through the Airport, made his way past some doors, up a few elevators and finally, after a short inspection, reached the waiting lobby labeled 'VIP'.

He threw his cup-o'-joe out on a nearby trash bin and walked up to Deuce, nodding over to Cassey. He reached out his hand in greeting, waiting for it to be held and shaken. "Hello Captain. I'm Eric Winston, at your service. I was one of the individuals at the meeting last night. I thought introductions would be best met here if anywhere. Not as big a crowd.", he said with a genuine smile.

TAG: Dark-Enigma, all others..

14. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Marcus was about to reply to Duece, when another man walked up and greeted him. Marcus chose to keep his mouth shut for the time being. He listened and drew in everything. he felt naked without his weapons, but he figured that Duece would provide some for hims to use.

TAG: Any, none, whatever

15. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006

As Deuce awaited a nonexistent response from Marcus Anthony, he noticed another crew member arriving, with ten others behind him. Finally, they were beginning to arrive. The first man extended his hand to the Captain in a polite gesture.

"Hello Captain. I'm Eric Winston, at your service. I was one of the individuals at the meeting last night. I thought introductions would be best met here if anywhere. Not as big a crowd."

Deuce flashed a grin and shook the man's hand. "Good to meet you Mister Winston. This is my Lieutenant Cassey Walker. She's the one who discovered the brilliant Pacific Theory." Deuce hoped he had not embarrassed his comrade too much. He looked up and noticed a myriad of crew members approaching the area. All was going well.

Tag: Jeb, spacelady, others

16. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Grr... make me edit. [face_plain] :p

IC as Cassey Walker

Cassey silently nodded to Deuce and was just thinking of something to reply when a man approached Deuce and herself. He sat down quietly beside them.

"Good morning, Marcus,"

Cassey second that. "G'morning." She said with a cheerful and friendly smile, looking at him through her glasses and trying to remember his profession. She pictured the list. Marcus Anthony: Area of Expertise: Sword wielding, stealth and reconnaissance, talented linguist Oh yes. Another linguistic, just like herself. She could see herself getting along just fine with this man.

Then yet another man came up to them. Two out of nearly two hundred... so far so good, she mused. And at least some are actually coming. She countered and offered the new comer a smile and a single nod in return. The man claimed to be Eric Winston. She searched through her mind to remember what he did, trying to focus back on the long list of names and professions. Oh right, His area of expertise: mechanics and sidearms. that's right.

Cassey closed her journal, even though Eric Winston couldn't read it most likely, though Marcus could, no doubt since he was also a linguistic and could probably read ancient hieroglyphics. She slid it back into her bag and zipped it shut.

"Good to meet you Mister Winston. This is my Lieutenant Cassey Walker. She's the one who discovered the brilliant Pacific Theory."

Cassey grinned as well and held her hand out to Eric Winston for it to be shook.

"Pleased to meet you."

Tag: Deuce, Marcus, and Eric

17. agap_afima

Dec 19, 2005
    OOC: Geez, I'm an idiot...My post has been edited to reflect the situation.
    IC: Joe

Joe saw the growing crowd around the captain and his lieutenant. Joe continued walking, but pulled off his bag and looked in it. He had brought something that he wanted to run by the captain. It was a small package filled with a fluid. Joe hoped that these could help the expedition, so Joe approached the captain and said, "Could I ask you something?"

TAG (again): Deuce

18. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006

Deuce sat, greeting and shaking hands with the myriad of crew members who all of a sudden arrived at the Sacramento Airline Facility. They were all taking seats and conversing with each other, much like they had done in the assembly room the night before. He shifted in his seat slightly, as it was beginning to become slightly uncomfortable, as the keys in his pockets rattled and clanged against one another. At least he knew they were still there.

"Mister James," he said, nodding to a new crew member. "Miss Jones, Miss Jackson, Mister Strawberry, Mister Peterson." He gave them all nods, acknowledging that he was aware of their presence and appreciated their will to be here. He appreciated all of his crew members, for it took guts to embark on a mission of this magnitude. Attempting to find a location that has only existed in myths for thousands of years isn't your every day assignment.

He noticed Joe Williams approaching him with a bag in his hand, and nodded to him. "Mister Williams," he said.

"Could I ask you something?" Joes asked his Captain.

"Sure," Deuce said, smiling. He was always willing to answer any question that his crew could shoot at him.

19. agap_afima

Dec 19, 2005

"Now, I'd imagine we're going to be in deep-sea diving suits. What are we using for light? Helmet-mounted lamps or something?"

20. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006

"Now, I'd imagine we're going to be in deep-sea diving suits. What are we using for light? Helmet-mounted lamps or something?" Joe asked Deuce.

Did this guy listen to Deuce's speech at all? Deuce hoped so, but after this statement, he surmised that he either missed the part about the submarine, or wasn't listening altogether. "Mister Williams, I'm afraid you are mistaken. We are not diving to search for Atlantis, as I don't believe we'd be able to get anywhere nigh deep enough. We're going in the submarine Ariel IV, the best equipped submarine in history, and capable of enuring prodigious amounts of pressure. Did you happen to miss this in my speech?" Deuce couldn't help but smile.

[b]OoC:[/b] I'm off for the night. If I feel it is time, I will have an update tomorrow. Thanks to all the RPers of this game, for I feel that this is going very well. :)

21. agap_afima

Dec 19, 2005
    OOC: :oops: I'm not retarded, really!

Joe's heart sank. This guy thinks I'm an idiot now. Great. he thought, but said, "Uh, I must have missed that part. I actually was paying attention most of the time. I was just thinking, once we find it, we wouldn't be able to do any up close-and-personal research. We would be confined to using probes. There's no chance of personal inspection? This could be the chance of a lifetime, to walk in the lost city of Atlantis!"

22. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Marcus turne dto the woman. "Oh, good morning. Hold on. You're... oh... Miss Walker? I am terrible with name.s I can remember many languages, btu can't get a single name right. Oh well. We all have our downfalls." He smiled and waited to see if he was right aobut her name.

TAG: Walker, any

23. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:

Rain walked into the Airport. She had arrived only a few minutes before in a cab. Quickly she found where she was supposed to be and went there.

Rain was wearing a simple outfit. Jeans and a light blue long sleve shirt. When she found her terminal she saw many people from last night. Including the Captain. She inclined her head to him. "Hello,I'm Alarain but please call me Rain." she said in a somewhat shy voice before moving to sit near Marcus.

She sent him a smile and pulled out a list from her back pack. Her only other bag lay at her feet as both were small enough to be carry ons. After checking her list and nodding she simply sat.

TAG-any

24. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Cassey Walker

Cassey looked back over at Marcus Anthony after Eric Winston shook her hand. She simply smiled at the man, tilting her head back slightly. She pulled off her glasses, used only for reading, writing, studying symbols and other languages, tucking the ends into her curly hair.

"That's right. Cassey Walker, pleased to meet you, Marcus Anthony." She held her hand out to him, showing that she definitely knew his name.

"I understand you are a linguistic as well. I'm glad we have you on board... don't think I could handle all of the translating myself." She laughed.

Cassey waited for the man to reply and nodded her head respectfully to them.

Another woman came and sat by Marcus. Cassey smiled to her and gave her a nod of acknowledgement.

"Good morning, Rain."

Tag: Marcus, Eric and Deuce

25. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:

"Good morning Ms Walker." she said.

She had indicated she knew her name and was responsive. This was important and Rain knew it. Cassy was the only other woman besides her and Rain didn't want to get off on the wrong foot.

TAG-Marcus,Cassy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.