main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Benefit Appearance Saturday November 12th 5pm - 10pm

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BigDanLevitan, Nov 2, 2011.

1. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    What: Benefit for Abrielle Suchyna
    Where: VFW Post 5261 - Pvt Leonard Post Jr
    2450 Walden Ave
    Cheektowaga, New York
    When: Saturday November 12th
    Time: Benefit runs from 5pm til 10pm, Appearance will start at 6pm and last until 7pm. Arrival time is at 515pm. There is a secured room for our stuff.

Greetings everyone,

Steve contacted a while ago about the group possibly appearing at this fundraiser.
    The parents would love for us to attend the benefit and take pictures and mingle with the crowd.

More info regarding this:

"Abrielle Suchyna a 5 month old heart patient who has been hospitalized at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, NY since her birth.

Abrielle was diagnosed before birth with a malformation called Pulmonary Atresia-Tricuspid Atresia and has been very sick while in the hospital. Originally her care was to be for about 4 to 6 weeks, including her first of 3 surgeries required to help her heart physiology so she would be able to breathe on her own. Things did not work out at all the way they were planned and our daughter is still fighting in the hospital after another heart surgery and an unforeseen stomach surgery as well.

While the outlook is promising, it has taken a toll financially on our immediate family as we have been travelling back and forth to Rochester sometimes 3 times a week, plus ancillary expenses along with that. When Abrielle comes home, she will require nursing care, physical therapy, medications, and special formulas for her feeding tube and so on.

To help with current expenses as well as future expenses, family and friends have generously decided to hold a benefit on November 12th 2011 at the Leonard post in Cheektowaga, NY for our little fighter to help fray some of the cost burden insurance will not cover when home.

The benefit will be a very simple pizza chicken wing event with a basket raffle, door prizes to auction off as well. There will also be a DJ and live music, along with an appearance of some Star Wars Characters from The North Ridge. If you cant make it we are looking for donations that can help fill some of our baskets or door prizes and anything you or your company can do would be greatly appreciated. If you need more information, you can contact Paul F. Suchyna at 716-208-4235 or Kristina Nowadley at 716-523-8983. You can also view Abrielles full story at www.caringbridge.org/visit/abriellesuchyna as it is updated by me frequently with her progress.

Thank you for your time and consideration."

Who's available for this?

IN

Dan - Greivous
    Steve - Chewy
    Larry - Obi-Wan
    Janice - Han or Emperor

2. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Yes, we are available for this.

Larry - Jedi
    Janice - Han or Emperor or Jedi (whatever is most desired)

3. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    We have a window of an appearance from 6-7 and they will have a changing room for us. So the exact time is for what ever works better for us between 6-7 basically

4. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    I may be available for this one as well - Jedi if I can go!

5. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    UPdated first post with the info. Thanks Steve!

6. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    I just took a videography gig that night, so I will not be able to attend.

7. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    I really want to make this but have to work out some other stuff before I can officially commit.

8. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Let me check my schedule.

9. MassageVentress

MassageVentress Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 24, 2009
    I'll be there [face_peace]

10. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    CANNOT DO THIS ONE.
    SOUNDS AMAZING. HAVE FUN!

11. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I'm available. I'll offer up Artoo as well if desired. If he's too much to bring for the event, then he can sit this one out.

12. OP-Antique-Mall_W17

OP-Antique-Mall_W17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2011
    This sounds like a very worthy cause.
    Is there any way those without costumes can help?

13. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Sorry, but I can't make this event. Such a good cause-I'm glad our group will be there.

14. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    They are still looking for Baskets or any donations to Raffle off if anyone would still like to help out and cant go or doesn't have a costume. Or if dont have a costume you could always go and see what you can win at the Chinese Auction. There is a Pominville autographed jersey and a 42" flat screen TV as some of the bigger prizes to win. I will be there for pretty much the whole event so you'll at least know one person. LOL

15. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I'll check my schedule, but I think I may have plans with my family...

16. MusicalNeko

Apr 21, 2009
    I am a confirmed "in" for this event! I actually have off from work for once, so I will definitely be in attendance.

17. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm tentative as that is my niece's birthday. There are currently no plans that I am aware of, but my family likes to make last minute plans. lol

18. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    I'm not going to be able to make this, unfortunately. I thought I had it worked out then found out my Mother-in-Law is coming down for a visit with a friend.

19. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    I think there will be enough room for R2-D2 to make an appearance but I will try to confirm that as soon as possible

20. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Put me as a strong tentative yes.

21. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    I may actually be able to make it for part of this. Turns out my start time for my gig is a little later than I thought. I'll double check and post back here when I know.

22. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Since our appearance ends at 7, and I won't be needed until 8 at my gig, I can make this event. I'm in as Luke.

23. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    Regretfully I have to back out of this.

I am stranded in the land of fist pumps and gorilla juiceheads for another week.

I apologize for not being able to make it.

24. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I will be there, but Artoo will sit out this event. Jedi as usual.

25. MusicalNeko

Apr 21, 2009
    Do we have an official list of people for this event?