Benefits of waiting in line, now.

Discussion in 'Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX' started by Obi-Wanna-be-Kennobi, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f1ct10n Jedi Padawan

I just dont think is if fair for the theater to "give control" to people like that. Its not so much your fault, as it is Cinemarks.

But still, I ask how can it be fair, if I get there at 9 in the morning to wait for good seats, and some friend of yours who showed up for an hour 2 weeks ago, gets to get in front of me.

Please explain how that is fair? If the 5 or 6 people who have been there consistantly for the past few weeks are ahead of me, fine, I have no problem. But saying ANYONE who sign's the log book gets ahead of anyone else, that just doesnt make sense at all.

2. THX_Jedi FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I saw Ben Burt at C2. He actually looks just like that. :D

:cool:

It's not just anyone who signs the log book. If someone just logged in for a few hours and we havn't seen them since, will of course have a worse place in line then someone who shows up the morning of the show and was there for a whole day. It's all about fairness and dedication. I'm sorry that some people can't get away from school or work for a week. I went through the exact same thing during the origial trilogy when I was in junior high. I busted my butt for 3 years to save up 3 weeks of vacation just for this. Several other people have too. If you have a ticket for the 12:01 show then your in...what's the problem?

We weren't "given control" of the line. We earned it, we are partners with them for this and other things. There is nothing stopping anyone from going up to the Galaxy or other theater and doing the same thing. We are working with Cinemark on other levels than just the line. This will all become evident in the next few weeks.

3. Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool Jeff! I wish I'd have got to go, and meet him (and all the others)

ANd No, if you show up at 9am, and stay all day, that gives you 15 hours, so you would be ahead of the guy with only one hour from 2 weeks ago.
  4. Vijay Jedi Padawan

Thanks Jarvis!

I may join you guys in line for a bit if my wife and 12 week-old let me out of the house this weekend.
  5. Obi-Wanna-be-Kennobi Jedi Padawan

Hey f1ct10n, you are not getting the point! If you show up at 9 AM (make a contribution to the charity) and stay in line until midnight it means you would have logged aproximately 15 hours in line. So...if you do the math, you would have top billing over someone who showed up a week before you did and only logged in one hour. Correct me if I'm wrong Fanforce guys?? The log book is for the purpose of tracking "time spent" in line. I don't believe that just writing your name in the log book gets you good seats, you also have to do the time (again correct me if I'm wrong Fanforce dudes). If that's the case then the log book governing who gets in is Totally fair!!!

jedi.master@charter.net
  6. f1ct10n Jedi Padawan

Ok, maybe I am a little unclear. Are you guys letting ANYONE who wants to sign up, or just people who donate to some charity, or join some special club or something?

Did Cinemark say you guys can be responsible for keeping track of who spends how much time and so on? So I have to sign some book or something when I get there? Can anyone sign up, or just certain people?

I was at Cinemark Tinsletown Plano, for Episode 1, and the entire process was done in 2 phases. Ticket, and seating. First there was a line for tickets, once everyone got those, they all went home, and came back a few days or so before the actual showing of the movie was going to start. If you were 10th in line to get tickets and waited a week, but got to the theater 2 hours before the showing on opening day, you just went to the end of the line.

Tinsletown didnt inform me, that things would be done differently this time. They didnt say anything about how its how much time total you spend in line. If I would have known that, I would have been up there all the time, logging hours.

BTW, when are most people up there? I drive by every afternoon a little before 12 on my way home from school, and have only seen people there a few times.
  7. Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, your right.

Also, you dont have to sit in line all the time, going to see a movie, or even going to eat at Macaroni Grill counts as time.

We have 5 guys that watch the book, and confirm time spent. Were an honest bunch, dont worry about padding hours.

EDIT: Like I said, we arent elitest, Just bring a chair, and yourself, and JOIN US! ;)

8. f1ct10n Jedi Padawan

Ok, I had no idea it worked like this this. So all I have to do is just find the guy sitting under the tent, and write my name and hours? Didnt know it was so easy, but I wish there would have been some way for us non Fan Force people to know.

2 other quick questions though:

1) How many people are on the list now, and how much time does the first, middle, and last person have logged?

2) If I was waiting in line, and get say, the 20th place after waiting all that time, but I want to have my best friend or girlfriend see the flick with me, and they dont have the same amount of time logged, how does that work? How does holding seats and places in line work?
  9. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    Let's agree that the last thing anyone wants is bad blood or friction at the damn premiere! This should be a love fest people.

To simplify:
    The policy-Whoever waits the most time, gets in first.
    I think we can all agree that that is fair.

Concern(s)-Saving places, this is a legitimate question. If someone puts in time at the line and then brings their wife, what happens?
    For that matter, what happens if someone shows up at 8:00am, is assigned a spot by whoever's in charge and then their wife shows up at 11:30pm?

10. THX_Jedi FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    The log book is for everyone and anyone. You do NOT have to donate to the charity, or be a club member (even though it's free) to participate in the line and log your hours. We did this same thing for the Episode 1 premiere and there were no problems at all (no issues with the theater or patrons). The only reason you've only seen a few people at the line is that most of us have been at Celebration 2 in Indianapolis since last Thursday. I'm trying to recover after getting no sleep all weekend. ;)

Starting tonight or tomorrow, we will begin the line in full force. This includes a ton of events, activities, give aways, celebrity guests, and suprises, for the next 2 weeks. This is what I've been talking about when I said "other events with the Legacy". We made alot of celebrity friends and got a ton of very cool stuff to raffle off from Celebration 2. We want everyone to come out. You accure hours in the line by just being there and logging in. All of the info for these events, including the Sci-Fi Expo in Plano on May 17-19 www.scifiexpo.com (which we are also partners with) will be posted here in this forum. Keep an eye out for updates. You guys want to see Ray Park visit the line? We are working on making it happen (nothing firm yet). We are going to making this fun. :D

-------------------------------
    There aren't more than 25 people in the log book so far. Nothing to really worry about. That might change by the begining of next week though. We had a ton (100+) people show up at the last minute for the Episode 1 line up. Our events will be more exciting this time around.

Yes, there will be limited exceptions for people with wives and signifigant others. No real problem there. No saving for a gang of your friends. There is a small waver that Cinemark gave us concerning the line up rules. That's right...Cinemark laid out most of these little rules...not us. This shows everyone how professional and organized Cinemark, and us, want this. We (DFW Fanforce) are there to create a fun atmosphere for everyone.
  11. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Exactly. For the last day, everyone has to be there starting when the theater allows us to come line up for the show. At that point, we will line up people according to the number of hours they have AS LONG AS THEY ARE THERE! If they are not there when the theater allows us to line up, then they have to get in the end just like everyone else. If you can't be there when it matters, then your hours before won't count. Nobody is getting line-jumped

This show is for the hard-core fans, and if you can't put the time in and make that kind of commitment--see it a different time.

But do you want to know how to avoid all of these potential problems and get good seats for the midnight show? COME OUT TO THE LINE! Admit that this really matters to you and sleep out there a few nights. Make sure you're there for the entire last day!

Because when all is said and done, if you're spending more time bitching and moaning about the line rather than actually standing in it--then you_are_wasting_your_time.

So for heaven's sake, stop complaining and just come out to the line! You might even have fun and make some new friends. At the very least, we can all talk in a civil manner about how the line will work and you can see that the system is actually the best one possible for this line.
  12. Admiral_Drake Jedi Knight

ok so here is my situation

THIS THRUSDAY AND FRIDAY AND SATUREDAY
    I PLAN ON GOING TO THE FW LINE

I WON'T BE BACK TILL 13-15 SOMETIME IN THAT TIME BECOUSE OF SCHOOL

NOW WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING TO HAPPN TO ME
    SINCE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO OREDER TICKETS ONLINE

sorry for the all caps but i want everone to get it clear about what i am writing
  13. THX_Jedi FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.