main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Benicio del Toro (DJ) in TLJ

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    They have been mining the old EU quite heavily, you know. Tarkin brought back COMPNOR, Armand Isard, Sate Pestage, Ars Dangor, Kren Blista-Vanee, Janus Greejatus and Vice Admiral Screed. Rebels brought back the Inquisitors and the production team has hinted at more coming next season. Saying something is old EU doesn't preclude it from showing up in the new EU. ;)

2. KyloRen15

KyloRen15 Jedi Padawan

Jul 4, 2015

Kylo Ren .

3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    and who's to say that he cannot be Grandadmiral Dameron (Thrawn), Poe's dad? You remember the calling sheet for a military man, which was for Poe's role. :p

4. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Also Agent Kallus in Rebels was orginally going to be a Chiss. Also rebels brought back the ISB(Imperial Security Bureau).

NostalgiaFan and Karl0413 like this.
  5. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I think Del Toro's a great actor but this is what I was afraid of when all these new SW movies were announced.That they would start casting known actors and celebrities.EP7 is cast great but Forrest Whitaker and Del Toro will NEVER be SW Characters just like Liam Neeson,Sam Jackson and Jimmy Smits.Neeson being the best of the 3,the other 2 are just themselves.

6. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I loved their approach with VII. They got a largely unknown cast which is very exciting to me.

FilmAccountant and Darkslayer like this.
  7. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Got me there. :D

nightangel likes this.
  8. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    Wait, what?

This implies that Kylo Ren/Snoke won't be the bad guys in VIII.

And that sucks.

9. Boski

Boski Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2005
    I wonder if he will play an alien with four fingers......;)

10. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Can't believe people are still chewing over stale old EU ideas like Thrawn (just too weak for a movie), or mulling over the threat of more intergalactic soap opera by bringing in parents where they are not necessary.

Rian Johnson, like JJ, won't want to rehash old ideas - these guys are storytellers who will want to put their own stamp on this galaxy. I don't think anything of importance will be borrowed from the EU/cartoons/comics/YA novels.

Also, BDT (and JP for that matter) are both top-flight ACTORS - either could play any number of characters. Don't make assumptions based on every other role you've seen them in.

11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I loved Del Toro's villainous henchman Dario in Licence to Kill, he was just so vicious and evil. If he can have that effect i'm going to love Ep VIII.

Darth Raiden likes this.
  12. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    it still sucks.

13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    How do we know Del Toro is not someone even higher on the villain chain than Snoke? He could be military, he could be something else entirely.

And how would his casting imply the end of Kylo and Snoke? For all we know, Hux and/or Phasma could die in TFA (I doubt it, but just spit-balling.)

14. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    It's possible del Toro will simply expand the roster of villains. I would love it if he played an Imperial leader, perhaps Thrawn, which adds a third faction that complicates matters. We know about The First Order, The Republic and the Resistance, but there must still be an Imperial Remnant.

NostalgiaFan likes this.
  15. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    We can't stop here, this is bantha country.

16. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    From what I've read he's been offered the part of "The main villain" appearing in no8. Which if true obviously means the main villain won't be appearing in no7 and that Snoke (Whatever his name is) or Ren won't be the main villains, and maybe one of them will meet there demise in no7, Or of course there could be a trio of villains in the ST. Either way it's an interesting development.

17. Oozaru

Oozaru Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2015
    I guess Del Toro will be based on this guy:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talon_Karrde

Not him exactly, since we all know EU is out, but i'd bet on a crime lord like Karrde as i bet there would be a Thrawn character, AKA General Hux.

KitsterAKABobaFett likes this.
  18. HeadingSouth

HeadingSouth Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2014
    I don't think Del Toro is right for Star Wars, also I'm not really a fan of his acting style.

19. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Del Toro will be a Vong....

werpudel likes this.
  20. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    i hope this happens.

Algnosis likes this.
  21. BlueHenDave

BlueHenDave Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 21, 2013
    Im a fan of him but like stated earlier, don't think he is right for Star Wars. Nothing really to back that up other than my opinion.

22. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    you know to someone who'd only seen the prequels and didn't know who Han Solo was I think Harrison Ford would seem like a really wacky choice for Star Wars.

I think it's important to remember that these people are actors in are capable of playing a variety of roles. Del Toro was barely recognizable in Guardians of the Galaxy and we'd probably never have predicted the character he played just on hearing that he was cast.

Algnosis likes this.
  23. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

I sorta agree, but I think he could work in certain types of roles. For example, I don't see him as a Rebel leader or Jedi, but as a pirate/mercenary/bounty hunter type? Sure.

24. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Jimmy Smits did a great job and is Bail Organa to me. He and SLJ were not so much as cast as they asked George Lucas if they could have roles in the films as they were big fans.

NostalgiaFan likes this.
  25. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004