main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Benicio del Toro (DJ) in TLJ

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    DJ = A table turner.
    Probably betrays someone.
    OMG EMPIRE STRIKES BACK CLONEZ

oncafar and The Regular Mustache like this.
  2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    DJ = Daddy Jakku

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    That's my guess or maybe he's wearing some sort of helmet that looks vaguely like a pair of headphones.

Rodie likes this.
  4. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

Like Lobot? Only it's removable (which is why it's not seen in the VF photo). That would be cool. Like a Google Glass on steroids.

ESB handled cybernetics in such an elegant way. I wonder why we don't see more of that in the SW universe.

5. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I hadn't made the Lobot connection but yeah something big and chunky like that.

6. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    I still feel BDT is http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eli_Vanto

all we have is a code name from MSW

he's the right age and with the spoiler of him having a 'fancy ship' could his ship be of Chiss design?

Tommytom likes this.
  7. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    I would have loved to see Lobot in the ST. Now working with the Resistance. Am I crazy?

I don't think BDT is an existing EU or Canon character. I think he's someone new. He's probably someone who's "shady" but that the Resistance really needs for his particular skills or connections or something. And maybe he's a gun-for-hire or unreliable at first, but I think he'll meet Finn and Rose, and because of them he'll come around to believe in the cause and really help them.

8. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    It'd be helpful to find out if there are other musicians involved in the score. I believe Williams has said he doesn't like doing that in-universe cantina type music, which is why he was relieved they got Lin Manuel Miranda to do Maz's pub song.

Rodie likes this.
  9. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Well, and I think it is smart to get someone else other than Williams to do the in-universe music so that it sounds completely different from the score. SW should get Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead who works often with PT Anderson, to create sounds for a SW in-universe song.

IrisBest likes this.
  10. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    There were some rumors last year for Max Von Sydrow, were really for BDT.

"a retired Imperial from the Empire, who following the end of the war and treaty. Became a civilian with disputable loyalties. But who didn't rejoin the remnants of the Empire to form the First Order."

11. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I think there's a distinct possibility that del Toro's character is named DJ because at some point he'll use Ant-Man-like technology to grow superduper tall and then he'll lumber over to a First Order base, pick up the base and then yep you guessed it drop the base. Either that or he'll get in some sort of giant mech and drop the base or maybe he's a Force user and he'll use the Force to pick up the base and then drop it. Really anything's possible.

12. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Please let that be photoshopped or some pre-existing scar. Please!!! :p

Tommytom, KembaSkywalker and Avnar like this.
  14. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I've had a look at some other (non-Star Wars) photos of Benicio del Toro and can't see the scar on his face visible in the shot of "DJ" that appeared in Vanity Fair and is in the tweet I linked to before.

15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I think he will end being Ducain when it is all said and done. What would interest me is if we learn how he swiped the Falcon form Han and Chewie in the first place? That doesn't seem like something just an average joe nobody could pull off?

16. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    in the picture he's a smug and content fat cat now that he's gotten his hands on han's freighter. he's probably a han fanboy. i mean he doesn't care han is dead, he just wants his stuff.

17. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah you are probably right, I'm still holding out hope that he ends up being a good guy for a change. He generally plays the bad dudes, and although great at it. I'd like to see him be integral to the ST.

I still believe he will end up being Rey's relative. Maybe not her dad. But somehow linked to her.

oncafar likes this.
  18. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    oh no, i just thought of how he could find ahch-to because he, ducain, installed his own stupid special tracking device on the MF. nooooooo!

i don't think i'm right, it's just for some reason, now quite fun to speculate about DJ (and holdo). the photos are so helpful.

19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    it'd be funny if after all this speculation he's in one scene, so they gave him no name and called him Duster Jacket guy, DJ for short.

oncafar and Artoo-Dion like this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

[​IMG]

21. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Not to worry. Star Wars fans usually require mounds of evidence and several tens of sources confirming the validity of a theory, before even thinking of considering that it may be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    by the way, can somebody shop a heineken into DJ's hand? The photo is begging for it...

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  23. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    DJ = Dark Jedi is "Zeroh-tier" theorising.

MAKE THEORISING GREAT AGAIN!! [face_flag] [face_laugh]

TheManFromMortis and oncafar like this.
  24. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Del Toro is playing Rian's arch-nemesis, Duncan Jones. It's obvious.

25. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    if DJ has a scar too, he's um important because scar symbolism