main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bernd Dotzer's Final Cut of A New Hope Custom Edit

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by cosmicjazz, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmicjazz

cosmicjazz Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2004
    This guy is doing a custom edit of A New Hope. Has anyone seen this or know if he is making it available?

http://www.starwars-union.de/index.php?id=ep4doetzercut&rubrik=seite1

2. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Looks like the language England would be speaking if it wasn't for the U.S.A.

We need a translation.

3. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Great another dude that thinks he knows anything about movie making.....this is going to be rich.

dkt

4. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I think the showed selected parts of it at Jedi-Con this year.

It's certainly "interesting", but it's just a different cut with different intentions and added things (partly from other scenes, too). It shifts the story around a bit. Lots of intercutting, too. Pretty weird and very unStarWarsy.
    Oh, yeah, and it's really ugly. :p

But I went "tl,dr" on that article.

5. cosmicjazz

Sep 15, 2004
    using Google you can translate the page somewhat. At least you can get the idea.

6. JediGoo

JediGoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2004
    You mean the USA would be speaking if it wasn't for England? Apparently there was a vote and that the German language lost by just a few votes..

But I get what you're saying as well..

Look's interesting, but could he be sued for this?

7. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    "could he be sued for this?"

Who cares! It's his own fault if he does :p

Has the Phantom Editor been sued back then?

8. JediGoo

Sep 17, 2004
    I just think, that with the past issues with Lucas's ego..what if this "cut" became popular..I'm sure it would be distributed somehow..then it being Lucas's work and him not getting profits...

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a true fan doing his own cut, but there's going to be hell if it works!

9. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    If he simply cuts it in a different way and shows/ copy it to a few friends, nobody will notice.

If it becomes popular, he can't distribute it legally and Lucas(film) most likely would prevent it. The prevent the old versions of the real trilogy to be shown after all, so I'm sure they wouldn't like a different cut of it.

I don't understand people doing these things. In the end, it's futile.

10. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    No it's not. They can just watch their preferred version instead of what Lucas gives them.

11. Steve1977

Steve1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000

12. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I have actually been considering doing this all morning...

Using the Laserdiscs of the O-OT, the SEs (if they actually have them) and the DVDs to make my own DVD to watch, so that I can remove some of the things that kinda annoy me (Greedo shooting first, New Emperor dialogue and effect, Alert my star destroyer... etc.) but still leave in most of the small changes, as I do appreciate the new effects on the ships and snowspeeders and tweaks like that...

It would be something that I can enjoy at home, and see the Trilogy in the way I wish they were; my own "version" so to speak. Plus it would be a ton of fun to do... :)

13. JediGoo

Sep 17, 2004
    you'v watched too many movies where the USA wins the war single handedly.

Or completely ignored the SU's impact..lol

14. cosmicjazz

Sep 15, 2004
    I like the idead of "Fan" edits. I myself did one of "Phantasm". but I sent my version directly to the film's Director and some of its stars. I would like to see this "version" of ANH. But my guess is I won't be able to get my hands on it. If I were him, knowing how Lucas is, I wouldn't have stuff about it on a website and have showings at conventions.

Anyone else see parts of this version?

15. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Indigo Jade, I say have at it and have fun. :) Thinking of doing the same myself.

cosmic, he might be okay so long as he doesn't distribute it for money. If he's selling it openly at conventions, then he's bantha poodoo.

16. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Blasphemous.

17. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    What harm could one more edit do?

18. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Yes! Thank You German people for putting Biggs back in! It's time for Garrick Hagon's return to glory!!!! :D

19. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    You americans live with your head up your asses!

The war was practically over when you yanks finally decided to take part and your so full of yourselves, that when our top notch agents warned America of attack prior to Pearl Harbour, you ignored it leaving alot of your own people to be slaughtered!

You invaded a country in 70s you had no need to do so and then in the iraqi situation, you had to rely on Us British to firstly stand by your trash president and then, it was our SAS guys that did all the hard work, while your boys blew up your own people and school children.

Harsh, no "its true is damn true"

20. Leias_love_slave

Oct 26, 2003
    *looks around to see if he's in the right forum*

21. JediGoo

Sep 17, 2004
    Yea...what in the hell?!

22. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    [face_laugh] If I want to hear crap like that, I'll go to The Senate Floor.

btw, WE TURNED THE TIDE. [face_cowboy]

23. cosmicjazz

Sep 15, 2004
    What the hell. I join this forum as a Star Wars fan a few days ago. I post a message relating to a custom edit of Star Wars. Now I am seeing postings against Americans (I am one and proud of it). I don't remember making any remarks related to anyone's race or nation of origin. How did my post come to this. I thought this was a place for Star Wars fans. I guess I was wrong. I'll move my posts to a forum where I won't have to see this kind of crap. Thanks for such a "warm" welcome to this forum. I belong to so many different forums relating to film, music etc... I have never seen stuff like this. Thanks a lot!!! I know when I am not wanted.

24. Leias_love_slave

Oct 26, 2003
    Vote Quimby. :p

EDIT: Don't go away mad, cosmicjazz. I think this was an interesting bit of info that you brought to our attention. :)

25. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    Unfortunately, the majority of british people (correction*** English) dont care for Americans who feel way to up in themselves.

The comment made that the English would be speaking German if it were not for the Americans, is insulting and inaccurate!!!

How is related to Star Wars? Well, The Empire is clearly America and as for the Emperor, look whos in the whitehouse!

I dont appreciate the statement made above and at least mine is factual and historically correct.

Thats all im saying on this subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.