main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Beside My Own Reflection-AU-OC's/Ani/Obi Complete 2/8!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Obi_ew, I still think Obi-Wan should have said to heck with the council and went after his son. No ifs ands or buts about it.

But I did love reading this chapter. It was so...so...so...it's beyond words - well words that can be normally found in my vocabulary.

I loved this part: "If you wanted to destroy me, you could just as well have gutted me with my lightsabre. It would have hurt much less than this does," he snapped unforgivingly. Very touching.

2. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    The deCrion brothers would be good partners to assist Anakin. Jivan feels the same way Ani does at this moment. Maybe Anakin will run into them on his way to the docking bay, then they can go get Shai back together. Des can be their voice of reason in this, while Ani and Ji allow their emotions to take lead.

Just a thought.

The Council should be use to this family disregarding the rules by now. Afterall, the two heads of the family, Obi and Xan, learned from the best -- Qui!

~Bek

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl Our Obi is pretty tough! :)

Seraphena [face_blush] Thank you. My Anakin isn't completely different from canon.

Jade [face_laugh]

astro Shai? Well we may check in with him. ;)

dp You tell him! :D

JTJG What? I can't leave you with unanswered questions? [face_devil]

PK ;) You dirty girl!

Captain Aw! I'm glad it is touching some of you. :)

MysteriousRaven Obi's main concern at the time was Anakin. :(

Bekah You have been reading my mind! :D

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE

Nearly jogging in order to keep up with Anakin?s ground eating strides, Obi-Wan was keenly aware of his other two apprentices as they too struggled to keep up. Ignoring Bant and Noa?s pleas to get back into bed, Anakin hadn?t even acknowledged Jivan and Hale as he swept out of the Healers Ward and made his way toward the Council room with determined strides.

Halting outside the massive doors, he was greeted by a smiling Barriss. Getting up from the chair she had been sitting on, she placed a hand on his arm and surveyed him thoroughly.

?Anakin! It?s so good to see you up and fit,? she greeted her long time friend.

Offering her a weak smile in return, Anakin pressed a kiss to her cheek before glancing toward the closed doors. ?Do you have a meeting??

Barriss?s gaze rested briefly on Obi-Wan?s set face, a look passing between them as she replied. ?Yes.?

Before Anakin could ponder the look, the doors swung open and the padawan on guard duty stepped out. His eyes widened as he saw the unexpected group spread out in front of him, his body freezing in mid movement. Leveling him with a piercing look, Anakin drew himself up to his formidable height.

?I need to address the Council immediately.?

?Uh...Just a moment Master Anakin and I?ll find out if they?ll see you,? the young man replied before vanishing back inside.

The silence as they waited was thick with unspoken questions and strong emotions held in check. It seemed like hours before the padawan re-appeared when in actuality it was only a few seconds.

?The Council will see you all now,? he announced, waving them into the room.

Filing into the room, Anakin had a brief instant where he wondered why Barriss had been asked in also, but it was forgotten as soon as his booted feet hit the highly polished star that sat in the center of the circle of chairs. Bowing deeply as a group, he straightened to find all eyes focused on him, an array of expressions on the ring of faces.

?Good it is to see you before us and well,? Master Yoda said with genuine warmth.

Accepting the murmur of agreement from the entire Council with a brief tip of his head, Anakin gathered his composure before speaking.

?Thank you Master?s. I?ve just been told of my Padawan?s fate and I request permission to go retrieve him.?

Silence greeted his words, glances passing between the Council members that had him shifting uneasily. Mace leaned back in his chair as his gaze drifted over the group before them.

?We have already dispatched a team to Ruuria in order to find and bring home your apprentice,? he eventually explained.

?I thank you for acting so quickly, but I would rather be involved,? Anakin replied in a faintly pleading tone.

Sighing softly, Mace shared a look with Master Yoda.

?We can?t allow that at this time Anakin. You are not fully recovered from your captivity and Bant?s report was very clear about your need for rest and therapy.?

Drawing in a frustrated breath of air, Anakin?s head fell forward as he fought to calm himself. Master Yoda?s sleepy gaze focused on Obi-Wan, his large pointed ears dropping.

?Spoken to your apprentice?s you have about our decisions Obi-Wan?? he inquired.

?Not yet Master Yoda,? Obi-Wan admitted softly, his entire body stiffening.

Nodding, the Jedi Master?s sleepy gaze moved on to study Jivan. ?Step forward Knight Jivan.?

Tossing Obi-Wan a quick glance, the young knight obeyed, taking a spot next to A

4. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Whoa.

'Nuff said.

Shaindl

PS: Okay, not enough. Great job, OE!

5. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
  6. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    Anakin has somewhere he can go...Telos.

Aren't the rest of the family going to support his decision and back him? I couldn't tell if they did or not. I think they all should go with Anakin to get Shai, and leave the Order if that is what it takes.
    They're a family, and family stick together.

That was definitely unexpected. :)

~Bek

7. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Holy squeaky leather pants!!!

Jivan got off the easiest. If anything, he'll probably enjoy teaching, but he'll hate being useless to the family :( (in the sense that he can't leave the Temple when he wants to).

edit: Good for the Council for having the balls to dole out some punishment! What? We all know they were too scared before! :D

8. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    *Thud*

*picks herself off the floor*

Okay, Okay I concede your Anakin might be a tiny bit closer to canon, but still. Stunned is not the right word for what I feel.

Great JOB!!!! :eek:

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Excellent. Absolutely the right thing to do for Anakin. And the Council is correct within the strictures of their rules and regs. They are wrong in those rules but acted correctly if they hold those rules dear.

Great job.

10. Jivan

Jivan Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2003
  11. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    First off, yesterday's confrontation between Obi-Wan and Anakin was heartbreaking.

Now, as for today's post, all I can say is :eek:.

Wonderful oe, you managed to surprise me with the Council's orders, Obi-Wan's acceptance and Anakin's resignation. I can't wait to see what happens next. :)

12. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    I'm soo upset, i just can't belive this, hale is being taken from obiwan and the whole family, this just isn't right!!!

Ji did get off easy!

What there making obiwan do is the worse, taking his apprentice away and basicly kicking him out of the jedi order and keeping him away from his family!

I say they should all follow after anakin and just leave the dam jedi order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're a family, and family stick together!!!!!!!!!!!!

obi_ew, this is the first time i have not agreed with a post you did, i felt it was alittle harsh, but what's done is done.

I dont see how it could get any worse for all of them!

13. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    JTJG What? I can't leave you with unanswered questions?
    NO NO NO AND NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: ~growls~

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    which transport will Obi_wan be on? The one to Dathomir or the one to rescue Shai?

15. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    PadawanKitara

[face_shocked] i never thought about that, he could very well be going with anakin [face_shocked] lets hope he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    [face_shocked]

17. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl Thanks doll! For everything. :)

dp ;)

Bekah They support his decision but are proceeding with caution for once. ;)

Jade I feel Ji's punishment was severe because of the very points you made. He is forced to sit and do nothing to help those he loves. :(

Seraphena I'm so thrilled I managed to surprise you all. :D

diane Glad someone sees the flip side of this. :)

Ji Aw! My poor baby! :_|

Sheila What's next? A surprise ending? [face_devil]

JTJG You have to remember that Obi-Wan has been a Jedi his entire life. Leaving even for his family would be a huge step especially at his age.

PK Obi is obeying the Council and going to Dathomir. :(

Captain [face_devil]

I hope no one will be too upset but I think this will end after the next three posts. I won't leave you hanging too long with unanswered questions. There will be a follow up story that explores Anakin's search for Shai and the trials poor Shai is forced to endure. I considered just continuing that story here but after talking to Shaindl and froggy, decided to make that its own story. Hope you will all be okay with that. :) Feel free to pm me if you have any thoughts.

18. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    No Redemption uber-novel? :p

Do whatever the Muse says. I certainly didn't expect the story to take this turn, and I'm very much looking forward to the rest. And this way, you can almost start fresh with Anakin's search for Shai - who knows, that could be a novel in of itself! :D

Ideas, hmmm, well, there's the obvious olleJ torture, of course...LOL. Don't worry. If you get a PM from me, it'll have real thoughts :)

19. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    **mouth opens and closes several times** OE! You're ripping apart the family! I'm... stunned, even if I understand why the Council is doing this.

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Jade And Anakin will have some company along the way. Someone you may know. ;) :p

Thalia This has been a tough choice to make but I hope in the long run it all works out. :)

21. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    It wasn't right kicking hale and obiwan out of the family, but i have a feeling by the end of the next one all will be ok again!

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    JTJG I'm truly sorry that you don't like the direction I have decided to take this series but I have to go where the story demands I take it. I don't think of this as Obi, Ji and Hale as being kicked out of the family. No matter where they are in the galaxy or what paths their lives take them, they will always love one another and be a family. Just like in real life, circumstances happen that cause each to occasionally go off on their seperate way for awhile. At this time my muse demands that they part and Anakin and Shai's lives be explored. I have no doubt that even though Obi and the others may play much smaller roles in the next fic, they will make their presence's known off and on. If you do decide to stop reading I just want to thank you for coming along with us as far as you have and for respecting my decision. :) I more than any of you have come to adore these characters and only wish to see them grow and flourish.

CHAPTER SIXTY

It was a solemn Anakin who packed several bags with his few belongings, most of his Jedi tunics left hanging in the closet. Straightening, he slowly surveyed his room for any objects he may have missed that he wanted to take along. Eyes straying into his living area, he caught sight of the holopics that lined a shelf, an array of emotions chasing across his face.

Snapping the bags shut, he carried them into the main room, dropping them to the floor by his feet as he studied the pictures. A wistful smile curved the edges of his lips as his gaze traveled over the links to his past. Although they were all special and charted the course his life had taken, there were two in particular that he knew he couldn?t leave behind.

Reaching out with a finger that trembled slightly, he traced the smiling faces that stared back at him. The first holopic was of Jivan, Hale, Shai and himself and had been taken very recently on a rare occasion when they had all been on planet. Gazing at his padawan?s alluring face beaming in a wide grin, an arm draped across his mentor?s shoulders, he felt the sting of tears prick his eyes. His heart felt empty, bereft without the young man?s presence nearby, his huge gray eyes radiating a host of emotions in any given minute.

Forcing himself to move on, he couldn?t help but smile and chuckle as he turned his focus to the other holopic. It was of the deCrion?s, Xanatos sitting in between his two sons as they all grinned devilishly directly at the photographer. Side by side as they were, he still found it startling even after all of the years he had known them, how much the three resembled one another. Only Jivan?s glowing brown skin and unique tattoos set him apart from his father and brother.

Sighing sadly, he snatched them both up and shoved them into one of his travel bags before taking a last look around the apartment. This place had been his home for the last twenty one years and it echoed with memories, some bad but most good. This could very well be the final time he stood here. The thought brought with it a rush of almost unbearable grief and regret, so strong it was almost enough to bring him to his knees.

Recalling the face of his apprentice, he drew himself up and reached down to pick up his bags. The sudden chime of the door had him freezing momentarily in place, before moving over to answer it. As it slide open, he was shocked to find Master Windu on the other side.

"Anakin," the dark skinned Jedi greeted him, his gaze resting briefly on the bags stacked in the center of the room. "Can I speak with you before you leave?"

"Of course. Come in," Anakin urged him as he stepped aside.

Halting in the center of the room, the Jedi Master crossed his arms over his chest as he addressed the younger man.

"I wish you would stay and reconsider your decision until after you have recovered competely," he admitted quietly.

Taking a deep breath, Anakin struggled to find the right words to explain the choice he?d made. It was difficult talking to a member of the Council about this especially after the punishmen

23. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I just told you what I think by PM, OE. Wonderful, emotional post. Loved it. :)

Shaindl

24. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    It's good to see Des! Anakin needs a friend right now, and this will give them both the chance to get reacquainted and to strengthen their friendship.

The distance between Anakin and Obi-Wan is somewhat sad though. Maybe when Ani finds his Padawan, Shai will be able to help his Master and his father mend that drift.

~Bek

25. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    POOR DUDES!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.