main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Beside My Own Reflection-AU-OC's/Ani/Obi Complete 2/8!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honour

honour Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2003
    obi_ew: "Interesting you feel that way considering the response from most of my readers so far."

I'm not one for jumping on bandwagons and my gut says to err on the side of Obi-Wan.

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    :_| I can't believe its over with.

I would like to see a story about Obi and those witches, the time that he is there, I bet that would be a great story. I too vote for Obi to be ont eh council.

3. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    This has been a wonderful series, and while I am saddened that we have reached the conclusion of yet another story, all I can hope for is the sequel. The characters are full of life and so realistic that it is unbelieveable.

Awesome, in the traditional sense of the word.

:D

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I guess Tarin really does care for Shai. I am amazed he has not openly rebelled against Jadon; but I suppose a jedi's word is his bond.

5. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Stop updating when I'm too tired to think :p However, I'm sure you already know my feelings regarding this story :)

I [face_love] the Geriatric Genius!

6. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I can't believe it's over! But when will the next story be up? Tomorrow? Tuesday? Wednesday? The tension is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    This is all i can say right now: [face_shocked]

8. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Shai can now add his own shadowed past to that of the rest of his family. Hopefully he knows that his family won't hold the things he has had to do against him. If they did, they would have to once again tackle Xan, Des, Obi, and Anakin's pasts.

Wonder what trouble Anakin and Des have managed to stir up so far? :D And, I wonder how Xan is handling those two being together, as Obi has been the one in the past to deal with their antics. Although, with the seriousness of their current self made mission to find and retrieve Shai, they're probably not up to much mischief making as of yet.

Looking forward to the eventual reunion of Shai and Anakin. :)

~Bek

9. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Wow...a whole year!! [face_shocked]
    Anakin must be near hysterics by now!!

I am amazed by your ability to deliver us with one bittersweet post after another. And just like the movies, the ending leaves us incomplete, hopelessly waiting to find out what will happen next!

Wonderful job.

[face_love]

~The Captain

10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    I agree captain :D

11. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I finally managed to catch up with this story.

:eek: Wow. The events have taken a major turn in the lives of all these characters, something which I wasn't expecting, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the journey you are taking them on. I'm actually not mad at Obi-Wan for leaving Shai behind; the kid really did want the deal to go through, and it was him that sorta got them all into the mess in the first place. I feel so bad for all of them, though, now that they are separated. :( Except for Anakin and Desimir, of course, who hopefully haven't killed each other by now. :p I agree with the two readers above me; this story's ending does sorta feel like the movies. Must know what happens next! Now!! :p

12. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    diane As we go along in the follow up, you find out what part the Jedi play in trying to find him. ;)

Shaindl I'm really excited about the turn it has taken. :D

honour I tend to take his side also. :)

CrystalKenobi I hope to see you at the follow up. :) Obi and the Witches hum?

Seraphena [face_blush] Thank you! That means a lot.

PK You get a closer look at Shai and Jadon's relationship in the follow up. [face_devil]

Jade Aw! You are too sweet! :p I hope you will like how this ends for Des. ;)

dp Whoa! Easy there! The first post is up on the new fic! :D

JTJG I'll take that as a good thing. :)

Bekah It won't take too long before we check in with Anakin and Des. :D

Captain [face_blush] Thanks! I get such a thrill out of pleasing you all.

HHP Hi stranger! :) I guess I'm doing my job well if I leave you craving more. ;)

The first post is up on the follow up. It's called In The End .

13. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to reply, hun, things have been kind of crazy lately...

I loved how you wrapped this up, as usual, and I look forward to the sequel, of course...

Brava on another wonderful piece, and Happy Valentine's Day! :)

@--------)-----

14. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    astro Thanks for coming along on yet another wild ride. :D I hope I can end the series in a way that does credit to all six stories. :)

15. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Sorry it took me so long to get back here oe. [face_plain]

I loved this epilogue. I am saddened by the breaking down of the family but find the direction you are taking most intriguing. I can't wait to see where you go with this in the sequel, great job as always. :)

Do these colors give anyone else a headache?! :(

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sheila It has been very lonely without you around. :( I'm having a blast exploring this new twist but I imagine in the end, the family will somehow come together. :)

17. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Damn.

It's amazing how much your writing has changed since the begining of the series. This book has become my favorite yet. I love all the twists and everything you've put your characters through. I love what you've done to Obi - you've made him human. For the longest time I felt that the fic was begining to be too full of characters and thus was a bit reluctant to come and finish it, but I absolutely loved the ending. I may or may not head over to the sequel tonight (three am and it's finally cooled enough to sleep) but be assured I will be over there presently.

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Birdy So glad you decided to come and read it. :) The last story has been fun to write so far and I hope to see you around the thread soon.

19. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Heyla, OE! Remember me? Been a while, huh? I'm just gearing up to go tackle your next fic. I'm sure that it is monstrously long already, and a complete treasure to read. Heh, it might take me a while to catch up, though, just so you know, lol.

This was an excellent and tear jerking end to a beautiful installment of your series. I noticed how Ani didn't take a picture of Obi with him. That nearly brought tears to my eyes.

I did, however, love the way that Des and Ani went off together. I really do think of them as a dynamic duo. They work so well together; each ofsetting and abetting the other's talents or shortfalls. Even the way they fight is almost a testiment to how much they truly love each other.

As for Shai being left with them... I'm not going to say I'm happy with it, or with Obi's decision. However, I do understand why he made it. The reasons behind the decision were sound, even if none of us like the end result.

Hope to catch up soon!

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Thalia Yeah! :D I was wondering what happened to you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you thought. This fic certainly stirred some strong emotions in my readers. Not all good! ;) Hope to see you soon on In The End . I think we are only up to chapter 17 maybe?

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I just finished reading this series again (I printed them all up so I can sit in my chair and read them overlooking the hills outside my window) and I just wanted to say WOW! Again! It was even better the second time around, although how that is possible I didn't know. Loved it! Your work is amazing, and has given me many happy hours of reading pleasure.

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_blush] Thanks so much for the kind words. It was lovely seeing this back on the first page. I have to admit that writing the two viggies the last week has made me really miss this family. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.