Besides George Lucas, who would you have wanted to attend?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by uruseiranma, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uruseiranma Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was wondering this, seeing as several big names along with Anthony Daniels were Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams and Warwick Davis.

Personally, I would have loved to have seen Ian Mc Diarmid, or possibly some of the voices of teh CG creations, such as Andy Secombe(Watto).

and of course for those who wish to really dream: Harrison Ford, Natalie Portman, Mark Hamill, Christopher Lee, Frank Oz...

Anyone else care to elaborate?
  2. ZeroCool69 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I would have loved to see Natalie Portman. I think her line would have been enough to rival Carrie Fisher's line. But then again, who wouldn't have wanted her to be there. I personally wanted Samuel L Jackson to be there. The man basically told Lucas he would do anything to be in Star Wars. Who wouldn't do that? Of course, he's in a bit of a better position to say that, but hey. He would have been a great addition to the big group.
  3. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
    Just one person I can think of...

MARK HAMILL!!!!
  4. RishOutfield Jedi Knight

I am a huge Ian McDiarmid fan, and he would've been a welcome addition.

Besides him, a short list would be: Christopher Lee, John Williams, Irvin Kershner, Ewan McGregor, the fat Scot who played Jabba, Sam Jackson, Ralph McQuarrie, Mon Mothma, General Dodonna, Andy Secombe, John Ratzenberger, the guy who played Squid Head, Frank Oz, oh, and where the hell was Denis Lawson??

I think Ahmed Best escaped a lot of crap from fans by not going, but he probably would've gotten a lot of support from the fans who really liked Jar Jar.

Why do you suppose Mark Hamill didn't do the show? I went to a Star Wars show he did in Salt Lake City in '99 (at a community college, for Pete's sake), you'd think he'd be up for this.
  5. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    John Williams.

A lengthy Q and A in a huge ballroom. That would have been amazing.
  6. psychoengine Jedi Knight

star 3
    The guy who played the original Jabba, Declan Mulholland, is dead... and McDiarmid would never do a convention in a million years. He's rather disdainful of the money-making machine (paraphrased) that is STAR WARS.

I would have loved to have had Jake Lloyd as an official guest.
  7. LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Jake Lloyd would have been a great addition. And even though Natalie wasn't there, I would have loved to see the Sabe decoy there instead. ;)
  8. DEWGOD01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think even without a Q&A session having John Williams come out even just to do the final encore would have made a wonderful evening just mind-blowing. Beyond that, wish list of guests would have been most of the people that others have wished for. Probably more behind-the-scenes people would have been nice. I was very suprised how the John Knoll Q&A session went. He was very well-spoken and the slide show/short movies he showed were very well assembled and a nice plus to the show itself.
  9. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
  10. Grand_Moff_Qorl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Peter cushing, but unfortenely he is dead. *salutes*
  11. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    All of those who know me...Ewan. I would have abused my associates pass to the nth degree, lay the charm on thick, and even begged and pleaded just to meet him. Nothing would have stopped me.

But I guess I'll have to make due with Alan Ruscoe (Plo Koon etc.) telling me that Ewan's "a real nice guy" :D
  12. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Shara, I'm with you. I want to meet Ewan again. I'd like to give him a copy of our pic together. Don't care if he wants it or not. I'd give it to him anyway.
  13. mgibson Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm surprised that Doug Chiang wasn't there. I would also have liked people such as Joe Johnston and Ralph McQuarrie to attend, although I understand Ralph because of his Parkinson's...:( I picked up the interview DVD and that's the next best thing.
  14. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    I would have LOVED to have seen Ewan *sigh* :D John Williams would have been AWESOME. Others I would have liked to see there: Mark Hamill, any of the handmaidens, Hugh Quarshie.
  15. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Mark ,Natalie, Ewan, Harrison(sure like that would ever happen). But mosty Natalie and Ewan for me.
  16. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    Any actor that wasn't there would have been welcomed by me. I would have loved to have seen more authors.
  17. MOJEDI Jedi Padawan

Frank Oz.
    Andy Secombe.
    John Williams.
    Samuel Jackson with his purple light saber.
  18. tionnesharp Jedi Knight

star 1
    If by "squid head" you mean Admiral Akbar, he was there. A very young looking Tim Rose. Unless this is a different actor that played him previously. Jake Llyod was an almost show, I heard. I met a Wizard in the whirlpool at the Crowne who said Jake was wandering around the convention offices on Saturday. Maybe the crowd scared him off. I know it almost scared me off. I'd have loved to have seen Mark Hamill, Christopher Lee, and John Williams. I even brought a picture of Mark just in case.....
  19. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Mark Hamill and Smauel Jackson, (and Harrison in my dreams!)
  20. MOJEDI Jedi Padawan

JAMES EARL JONES!

All of the Anakin/Vaders on stage at once.
    WooHoo! Maybe next time.
  21. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Hmm, now that would be a cool Q&A panel!
  22. Ben_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Didn't the guy who originally played Anakin in RotJ die?

But yeah, that would be cool to have all the Vaders/Anakins :D
  23. MaximusVader Jedi Youngling

star 1
    M-A-R-K H-A-M-I-L-L

That simple.

James Earl Jones, Frank Oz or John Williams would be great as well...but....

MARK HAMILL!!!

Pay him what he wants. Screw Anthony Daniels....give the money to MARK!!!
  24. R2-B9 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Timothy Zahn, the man who stands head and shoulders above most of the other novel authors...

Lucas? Yeah, that would have been a nice touch, but seeing what happened to that poor shmuck* who kinda looked like him, wearing the flannel and "Jorg Sacul" outfit... I don't think Uncle George could've handled it.. ;) :D

R2-B9

That poor shmuck, was of course ME!!! Time o' me life, that's what I had!
  25. skywalker8 Jedi Padawan

Jake Lloyd actually WAS there, just not as a guest. He lives in Indiana and roamed the halls on Saturday sandwiched inbetween two big WotC bodyguards. Hardly anybody recognized him.

Also, Ian McDiarmid would definitely do a convention like this... in fact, he was planning on being at C2 but he had a schedule conflict... otherwise he would have been there as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.