main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Besides Hayden and Jake...who do you think could've played a good Anakin

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthBizzle, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    to be honest, i didnt think Jake was that bad. my initial perception changed after i re-watched TPM

2. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005

unfortunately, im prob the only one on these boards who agrees w/ you

3. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    It's all about Jake Gyllenhaal! Haven't any of you seen Donnie Darko?

4. Darth_Killrain

Darth_Killrain Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2005
    Jake Gyllenhaal would have been fantastic as Anakin. He was exceptional in Donnie Darko and his work in Bubble Boy Showed he has some range as an actor.

As for having an older Actor for Anakin in AOTC I don't think it would have been a problem, just a bit more make-up for Ewen as Obi-Wan. Actually it would better fit to the OT then. Would make Vader to be in his 50's and then Obi-Wan would be at the perceived age of late 60's early 70's in ANH.

5. Luke_Kenobi1

Luke_Kenobi1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2005
    Haley Joel Osment would have been a great TPM Anakin , About Hayden i'm completly satisfied.

6. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    I can't believe nobody suggested this yet, but

Christian Bale (Batman Begins, American Psycho). He pulls off the anti-hero perfectly.

7. Obi-WanLeroy

Obi-WanLeroy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Before Hayden was picked I thought Paul Walker would've made a good Anakin.

But Hayden is perfect.

8. LordMortis

LordMortis Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    I forgot the name, but the kid who starred in the movie 'Apt Pupil' might have done pretty well. He played a really disturbed kid in that one. But all in all I don't think Hayden did badly in the role. As some other people here pointed out he did it the way GL wanted it done.

9. The_Random_Menace

The_Random_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    The first page of this is filled with flames on hayden's acting(GL wanted him to act that way)... but i think Hayden did perfect 5 thumbs up lol... The whining fits perfect... and if you watch 1 and 2 right after another, you get that feeling that jake and hayden were almost brothers... the voice tones and all were matched almost perfect...

10. WolfEgo5

WolfEgo5 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    James Dean!

11. the-super-truth

the-super-truth Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2005
    Though I am a HUGE fan of Hayden and think he was the perfect choice. True, his acting didn't lead up sometimes, but that is also directing and writing, not always the actors fault.

James Franco was my number one choice when I saw Spidey2. I always thought he should have played Anakin. Though Jake Gyllenhaal would have been a good Ani, his hair would need to be blonde or ditry blonde to fit the role. I always though Jake would have been a much better Spidey then Tobey. Tobey is a wimp. Garett Hedlund is also a good choice for Ani. He's appeared in Friday Night Lights, Troy, and recently 4 Brothers

James Franco
    [image=http://www.simons-rock.edu/~scsensat/images/jamesfranco/james-franco-angst.jpg]

Jake Gyllenhaal
    [image=http://tommy-magazin.de/dvd_video/..%5Cimg%5Cdonnie%20darko%201.jpg]

Garett Hedlund
    [image=http://images.zap2it.com/20040928/09_fridaynightlights.jpg]

12. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Those three guys have at least one thing in common... Age and a superficial resemblance to Hayden. [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.