main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Besides SW what is your favorite movie with X in UPDATED July 27

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!! I know you saw that one, Zero...or those rather...(speaking of which, Peter Jackson lost a crazy amout of weight)

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Next up

James Earl Jones

In honor of the Voice of Vader, pick two JEJ fav performances. One as just voice, the other as on screen.

Voice, its got to be Lion King. Just a fantastic movie, beautiful art and great story.

On scree, its got to be Admiral Greer, in Patriot Games and the rest of those spy movies with Harrison.

3. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    voice is defenately Lion King.

and for film..... Field of Dreams, it is just a good decent movie.

4. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Hmmm, not alot of opinion on Mr. Jones.

Next up, the one you have all been waiting for

Liam Neeson

How to choose which is my favorite movie with Liam???? Kinsey was great. So was Love Actually. And Narnia:WLW. And Nell (he's SOOOOOO Qui in that one). And Batman Begins. And Ethan Frome. And he's so cute with his terrible Russian accent in K-19 (and he's with Han. Happy sigh.) And Schindler's List. Wow, who could forget Schindler's list. And even terrible movies like The Haunting and Satisfaction, he's still great in them.

[face_love] So many choices.

But my all time favorite Liam movie, the one I can watch over and over is Les Miserables. The scene where the Bishop tells Jean Val Jean that he's bought his soul back from the devil with the silver spoons and candlesticks. And where he risks everything to make his adopted daughter happy and save her beloved's life. And he looks so sad when he admits the truth about who he is to her. And the tenative and tender love between him and Fantine. And the look he gets on his face when he thinks the Inspector is about to kill him . . .

Happy Happy Sigh.

I also want to point out here how beautifully Liam dies. He gets that peaceful, serene look on his face. [face_love] Yeah, I know its a bit odd to get a happy thought about my beloved Liam's death, but he just does it so well. I've watched films just up to the point where he dies in them (Gangs of NY, Kingdom of Heaven)

He was also great on Seasme Street, reciting the alphabet with Rubber Duckie and Ernie.

So, what film do you all think Liam did well in? :D

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Michael Collins is my favorite. I love gangster movies.

6. Darth_Iratus

Darth_Iratus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    Batman Begins.

7. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    I'm a fan of Love Actually...or Shindler's List...but those are the only two others i saw. No, thats a lie, I saw Les Miserables, but i hated it...maybe because I am such a big fan of the movie!

8. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    no fair!!!!

I like love actually the most...but not for liam. i also like shindler's list (but it's sad) and ethan frome and rob roy....i think rob roy is my favorite movie because of liam, but love actually is my favorite with him in it...

9. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    In hour of his coming to Pittsburgh for the ComiCon, next up is Ray Park.

X-Men. Love the X-Men. I think if I hadn't fallen for Star Wars, I would have ended up a Mutant fangirl.

10. SnakeWesker

SnakeWesker Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2006
    Yeah, I would say the X-Men as well. The only other one of his movies I have seen was Mortal Kombat Annihilation, which wasn't even half as good as its predecessor.

I must say that I am looking forward to Fanboys, but it doesn't sound like he has that big of a role in it.

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Like the person before me...I am looking forward to FanBoys. Even though I think Phantom sucked I think it was my favorite with Mr. Park in it.

12. GoggledKnight

GoggledKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Since we're still on Ray Park, I'm gonna say Sleepy Hollow. He was one badassed Horseman.

13. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Next up, a man who hated the fact that most people remembered him for his role in a goofy sci-fi flick.

Alex Guinness

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I never saw anything else with him in it. So Star wars I guess.

15. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    sadly neither have I...and I've been meaning to for years but never got around to it.

16. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I haven't seen too many of his other films, either. No wonder Alex got so annoyed at us SW geeks.

I did see Ladykillers and it was amusing for a Sunday afternoon flick. I saw Little Lord Fauntleroy years and years ago. I was going through a phase of all those turn of the century 'children's morality tale' books, like Freckles, Eight Cousins, Little Women, etc. and I read LLF. Its very sappy and 'hallmark moment' but I have a weak spot for those. [face_blush]

Never saw Bridge over River Kwai. Always felt I should have, but I haven't yet.

17. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001

I read that the actor who has been in the most films that grossed over $100 million was Harrison Ford, a total of 15!

So, in honor of that and the upcoming release of the Original Original Trilogy (at long last, Han shots first), the actor up for discussion is Harrison Ford

This is almost as hard as Liam?s films (I was a Han girl from 1977 to 1999). [face_love] He was fantastic as Indy. Great as President (Air Force One) and as a Fugitive. I like him singing in a spiffy car in American Graffiti and a WWII solider in Force Ten From Navarone. He was wonderful in that sci-fi classic Blade Runner. His transformation in Regarding Henry was sweet (Ritz crackers anyone?). Working Girl was a fun little romantic comedy and so was the remake of Sabrina (although I admit, I did like Bogie better as Linus.) Presumed Innocent was a very entertaining thriller. He made an excellent Jack Ryan also. And lets not forget being a Russian Sub commander, with Liam.

Of all these fantastic movies, the one I like best, the one I will always watch when I come across it, isn?t actually the best written movie. It is a silly buddy movie that has a ridiculous plot line.

The Frisco Kid. Harrison is a cowboy that helps a Rabbi, Gene Wilder, get to San Francisco, with all these misadventures along the way. What can I say? Harrison makes a cute cowboy.

18. GoggledKnight

GoggledKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Blade Runner. I mean, Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer? The movie's a classic.

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I have to agree with GoggledKnight, the movie is my fave by Mr Ford.

20. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm on a bit of an OT run.

Next up: Carrie Fisher

Several funny bit parts, the Therapist in Austin Powers. The nun in Jay and Silent Bob. The crazy ex-girlfriend in Blues Brother.

Under the Rainbow was a strange little film with some funny bits.

21. Leafy

Leafy Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2006
    Blues Brothers.

*Jake pulls off his sunglasses.*
    Oh, Jake...

Classic!

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I have to go with The Burbs. That was one of my favorite movies growning up.

23. SnakeWesker

SnakeWesker Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2006
    Yes, I would also say The Burbs. Although I am also a fan of Blues Brothers.

24. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Next up (I'm on an OT kick) Mark Hamill

Wow, reading over the list of his credits, he's like Cartoon Voice over King. I knew he was the Joker, but didn't realize how extensive his work in cartoons really was. Stickybeard from Kids Next Door (I love that show) and Fire Lord Ozai (The Last Avatar -- a show that my sister's kids started watching and that my sister and I are now hooked on.) Voices on Scooby Doo, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy . . . just to name a few.

For my favorite, I'm going to have to go for Jay & Silent Bob. The line "Never **** with a Jedi Master" is just too funny. As was "Not again" when his hand got chopped off.

25. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I agree my favorite would be Jay and Silent Bob strike back for the same reasons already named. But I have to say the funniest was his performance in Black Magic Woman. I don't remember a ton about the movie because it's been 15 years or so since I saw it but I remember Mark waking up with a dead bird in his bed and he jumps up screaming like a little girl with a skinned knee and what is he wearing...Nothing but a pair of too tight tighy whiteys! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.