main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Besides SW what is your favorite movie with X in UPDATED July 27

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    Jay and Silent Bob...I just love Kevin Smith...

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Excluding the Holy Trilogy I am going with Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. To this day it's one of my favorite animated movies. He was awesome as the Joker.

3. GoggledKnight

GoggledKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    For Mr. Hamil, I'm going to have to say Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker. He's downright scary here, and Batman Beyond was one of the best cartoons of all time.

4. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    [image=http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/interviews/images/mh/cockknocker.jpg]
    Don't **** with the Jedi Master, son.

:)

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Here's a challenge: Favorite non-SW movie with Samuel L. Jackson.

Samuel Jackson is one of the few actors I'd like to meet. He seems like he'd be a fun guy to hang out with. And a true SW fan :)

I really liked Pulp Fiction. Snakes on a Plane was great. Can we count Kill Bill since he had such a tiny part as the piano player?? He was great as Frozone in the Incredibles (if you haven't seen it, go rent it. NO CAPES!)

I think my all time favorite is Unbreakable. The premise of 'real world super heroes' was intriguing and the ending twist was awesome. And it was a great performance with our tough Mr. Jackson playing such a physically fragile person.

6. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    His best job as a actor would have to be in a time to kill or pulp fiction. As far as my favorite movie with him in it that is non star wars I would have to say Jurrasic Park.

7. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Samuel L Jackson has been in some really good movies. But then again, he's been in some real stinkers.
    Some of the favorites include The Incredibles, Die Hard: With A Vengance, S.W.A.T., and Unbreakable. But as for a favorite, it's either Pulp Fiction or Formula 51.

8. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Ewan McGregor is our next actor up for consideration. [face_love] =P~

I don't think I've ever seen anything with him in it that I didn't like. Yeah, somethings I liked less than others (A Life Less Ordinary comes to mind) but there's nothing I've seen with him that I hate.

Robots is one of my favorites. Long Way Round, which is his motorcycle journey with his best friend. Moulin Rouge (yeah, I'm one of those people who stops the movie right before Satine dies. I want a happy ending. Also, I can't help but think, when Ewan is cradling her in his arms as she lay dying, and she looks up at him and says "promise me . . . you'll train the boy.) Velvet Goldmine. (oh my. oh my. THAT scene. And that OTHER scene. oh my.) Trainspotting. Down With Love. The Island. Those nature documentaries he did (one on the rain forest and the other on polar bears)

Ewan is a fantastic actor, a great singer, and very easy on the eyes, especially when he is wearing his kilt.

[image=http://www.sauk.org.uk/exhibition/ewan_mcgregor.jpg]

[image=http://cetara.tripod.com/ewanmcgregor/images/em_kilt.jpg]

9. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    I opened this thread, saw Ewan, thought about the choices, had a panic attack, developed a massive ulcer and died. thanks.

I have every DVD btw. Have two copies of The Pillow Book, among others. Watched Long Way Round non stop til the end. Ask Jason.

:D

10. GoggledKnight

GoggledKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Now, this is a tough one. I am a HUGE fan of Ewan, so...I guess I'm gonna have to say that I absolutely love Moulin Rouge, mostly because I love musicals.

Now, for the part of me that can admit that Ewan is a certifiable hottie (just because I'm a staight male doesn't mean I can't face facts :p ) I'm gonna have to say The Island...c'mon, Ewan clones....how awesome would that be?

11. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I don't know!!!!!!!

my favorite one to watch repeatedly is velvet goldmine...because of THAT scene and THAT OTHER scene!!!!

I like robots though...

I like moulin rouge (i'm on that kick right now)

I like trainspotting....

I like a lot of movies....

my most favorite though would have to be blue juice!!!

if you haven't seen it go watch it because you'll realize i'm lying!

i really did like the serpents kiss though....that was good.

12. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    [image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/TRADMIC/SW%20captions/goldminecensored.jpg]

:D

13. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005

I have to agree with GoggledKnight on this but as far as the movie I would have to say Big Fish. I loved the script and Ewans' acting skills were very impressive.

14. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    w00t!!!

THAT scene!!!!

15. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    For SLJ, Unbreakable. That is one of my favorite movies.

For Ewan, Trainspotting.

I have mixed feelings about The Island. It seemed almost like two movies combined together. I liked the first half.

16. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Next up Frank Oz

Who knew Frank had a cameo in the Blues Brothers? Or he was one of the voices in Monster's Inc?

I loved all the Muppet Movies and the Muppet Show and Seasme Street (which came out in the same year that I did)

My favorite Muppet Movie is "Muppet Treasure Island" although the original Muppet Movie is a classic.

17. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    i like the movies labyrinth and monsters inc the best i'd say....which one would depend on my mood...

i also really dig emmett otter's jug band christmas....

yeah i'm a dork

18. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Ewan McGregor:
    Moulin Rouge
    A Life Less Ordinary
    Down With Love
    The Island
    Little Voice
    Velvet Goldmine

Sir Alec Guinness:
    Doctor Zhivago

Liam Neeson:
    Rob Roy
    The Haunting
    Batman Begins

Christopher Lee:
    The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Warwick Davis:
    The Harry Potter movies

Harrison Ford:
    Regarding Henry
    The Indiana Jones movies

Samuel L. Jackson:
    A Time To Kill

19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Next up: Hayden Christensen.

I've only seen him in one other movie, and that was Shattered Glass. Which was a good movie and I wish his Anakin was more like the character in Shattered Glass, less whiney, more personable yet making lots of excuses for his behavior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.