Besides the Ultrascreen, the next best place to view AOTC.

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by DDMAN262001, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DDMAN262001 Jedi Knight

I'm finally seeing the movie this weekend. I want to go the Ultrascreen at the Westown to go see it. But if I can't make it out there what would the best plan b theatre I could go to. I usually go the Ridge if I can't go to the Ultrascreen.

Thanks for all of your responses.
  2. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Usualy if I'm not at an Ultrascreen I go to Northshore. They have all the good sound stuff and stadium seating. It's in Mequon so I don't know how easily you could get out there.
  3. Darth_Lee Jedi Master

star 1
    The Ridge is nice, I can tell you this - do NOT go to Menomonee Falls, at least not in theater 11 there. The right front speaker has a really distracting buzz coming from it. :(
  4. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Isn't there a drive-in movie theater around here somewhere? I've always wanted to see a drive-in movie.
  5. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    There is one on S. 27th Street (a drive in that is). I don't know if it's still operating, but the sign says they'll see us all next season (but I don't know how many seasons ago that was put up there).

Jeff
  6. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The only drive-in I've ever actually seen is way out by Jefferson. And likewise, I don't know if it's in operation.
  7. SkyJammer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Unfortunately, the 41 Twin Outdoor on S. 27th St. was demolished just over a month and a half ago. Check out this news story at JSonline.com for a column on the end of an era.

Last movies I saw there were Men in Black and Air Force One in a double feature.

-SJ
  8. milaub Jedi Knight

star 1
    Go to the Fond du Lac Theatre. I'm a projectionist there, and I'm also a video/audio nut, and I can honestly say the presentation in our Theatre #1 is the best I've seen.

Mike
  9. mirrax Jedi Knight

star 1
    I grew up in Oak Creek and we saw ALL the movies at the 41 Twin! Seeing TPM there was awesome. We had big plans to see AOTC there until we found out it was no more. Very, very sad that was! I know that there is a screen in Jefferson somewhere but we have yet to figure out if it is still functioning and how to find out what movies are playing - I would love to see AOTC there. Since I am in Lake Country I will research and let everyone know!
  10. Outlander_ Jedi Knight

star 2
    I know my eyes don't work as good as they used to, but at theater #11 at Mayfair the picture wasn't as sharp as it should have been. I'm really looking forward to the digital screening.
  11. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well maybe there's a chance the drive-in out by Jefferson is still in operation.
  12. mirrax Jedi Knight

star 1
    I contacted the drive-in in Jefferson - it's called the Highway 18 Outdoor Theater (how original!) Spiderman is playing there now and I got an email back from the owner that he's trying to get SW but it's up to Fox when that will be. I'll post as soon as I know more details. They're at "highway18.com".
  13. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  14. Skywalker1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've seen AOTC 4 times at Ridge. It's not the closest theater-it's the best. Hands down, the sound is better more often, the quality is better more often and the staff are better more often than at other theaters. I rate Ridge #1.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.