main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Bespin and Hoth must be REALLY - and I mean REALLY - close

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Dan2626, Jan 15, 2015.

1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Han and Leia had to do laundry every day!

JEDI-RISING and Iron_lord like this.
  2. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
  3. rsdaddy141

rsdaddy141 Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2015
    Maybe in the Star wars universe,laundry is done quickly with a specialized washer.Maybe they had a sonic shower to clean themselves,too.And,if I remember correctly,the trip took 2 or 3 months.But,it's Star Wars,so it doesn't need to make sense. :)

4. BadEwok

BadEwok Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2015
    No point of discussing any film topic when the answer is "it's a film." Here's my take: "She'll make .5 past light speed" suggests the Falcon is capable of travelling at one and a half times the speed of light without hyperdrive. How? Who cares. Han says it's so and we believe him. A few weeks at 450000 km/sec gets you places. I would argue the possibility that the Falcon made a jump from Hoth but was pulled out on the fringes of the Anoat system where the chase-scene picks up. Bespin must surely be a planet in the Anoat system. Interesting point: Vader commands his forces to the Hoth system. The star is called Hoth. I wonder what the ball of ice the rebels set up their base on is called...

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    No. Making the "jump to lightspeed" means using the hyperdrive.

It isn't.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  6. BadEwok

BadEwok Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2015
    Ah... But Han never says that .5 past light speed is the speed at which the Falcon moves through hyperspace.
    I claim that there is nothing in the movie that suggests that Bespin is not in the Anoat system. There's not much there... Except for a small mining colony. Han never says Bespin is a system in its own right, just that it's "pretty far". If you're short one hyperdrive I'd say a trip from our own asteroid belt to, say, Venus, is pretty far.