main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Best acting performance in the PT

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by AKyloTantrum, Feb 12, 2016.

?

Who delivered the best acting performance in the PT?

1. Ian McDiarmid

32 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. Ewan McGregor

31 vote(s)
    34.4%
  3. Natalie Portman

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Hayden Christensen

16 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Christopher Lee

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. Liam Neeson

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. Other

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    I was actually fine with all of the love scenes. I really didn't expect Romeo & Juliet, but just some words and actions that explained how Luke and Leia came about - seeing as Anakin was a Jedi. So I didn't expect much and was given more than enough to explain things.

ConservativeJedi321 and Sepra like this.
  2. dsematsu

dsematsu Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2013
    I voted for Ian on accident. Hayden all the way! No one displayed half the range he was tasked to.

wobbits, Deliveranze, Tonyg and 2 others like this.
  3. Darth Plagueis the Wise

Darth Plagueis the Wise Jedi Knight

Feb 26, 2016
    IMO, the three actors that are the heart and soul of the prequels are Hayden Christensen, Ewan McGregor, Ian McDiarmid. They make me laugh, cry, smile, cheer, tremble, and every other emotion humanly possible.

That's not to say, however, that the supporting cast should be disregarded. Quite the opposite. Actors like Liam Neeson delivered some of the best lines in the entire saga. Even Pernilla August (Shmi) made me shed a tear.

I choose Hayden Christensen BTW. ;)

-Darth Plagueis

4. mei_force

mei_force Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2016
    I say Ewan or Ian. I'm glad to see most people agree. Obi-Wan nor Palpatine are anywhere near my top favorite character list either, it's just their actor's portrayal were so good that I couldn't help but acknowledge them as excellent.

Hayden was good too, as was Natalie. Both get some flack, especially Hayden, but I could really see a manic, vulnerable young man in Hayden's performance. To heck with the haters.

Finally! Someone who says exactly what I've been saying for years.

Evening Star likes this.
  5. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    dsematsu I love your avatar!

I gotta say, Ian McDiarmid did fantastic but Hayden Christensen and Ewan in Episode 3 nailed it as well

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Hayden. Especially in Episode 3. Nailed the role, perfectly. Definitely one of the most underrated performances in history. Hopefully future generations can see that in the future and give him the credit he deserves. No better Anakin. Yes, that includes his archetype, two dimensional good guy interpretation in TCW.

7. astronaut23

astronaut23 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    Ian McDiarmid for me for sure. He nails Palpatine/Darth Sidous perfectly. The voice he does for the character Darth Sidious is just so great.

He's just so evil and conniving that he's funny and the way he manipulates everything behind the scenes to get what he wants. He's a brilliant evil mastermind for sure because he's able to put on the front of being a good man. As Obi Wan says to Padme about Anaiken that he was deceived by a lie…we all were.

The scene in ROTS where he's frying his face with lighting always make me laugh though and its not really funny but it ends up being really sad. He so crazy looking and over the top in that scene when he's begging Mace not to kill him. And then boom the whole UNLIMITED POWER thing.

I know its not part of the PT but he continues the great act into Return of the Jedi(actually started it there in the order the movies was made lol) when he's trying to get Luke angry and turn him to the dark side.

IMO…he's the best head of the villains in any movie series anywhere. Snoke doesn't have anything on this guy for sure. At least not yet and I'm really doubting he can cause McDiarmiad is brilliant with the part.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I loved Every character, and it is impossible for me to choose just one as being the best.

9. AniLukeRey

AniLukeRey Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    I think most actors did a tremendous job- I voted for Ewan, because he was so incredibly effervescent and delightful and yet encompassed such a wide range of emotions down to the incredibly heartbreaking final scene. Having said that, I would say Hayden did AMAZING. He blew me away, I never pictured that character exactly for Anakin Skywalker and I thought he was very heartbreaking and emotional and lost and passionate- The first time I watched AoTC I was a bit taken aback because he was just so DIFFERENT from any character I have seen before. But I felt like it totally worked, and gave Darth Vader so much depth. I don't know, I kinda feel like he was perfect. As far as his voice is concerned, I can tell he was doing a slow cadence to be realistic as Darth Vader (if he was a fast talker it wouldn't exactly jive), but also I think some of Hayden's Canadian accent was coming through. In interviews he talks pretty slowly as well. I don't know, I just love his voice.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  10. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    I voted for Ewan. I've said this a few times in these forums, but I think he really made Obi Wan his own just as much as Alec did. After the duel on Mustafar, he says: "You were my brother, Anakin...I loved you" is so on point for me. The way he emphasizes brother is heartbreaking.

I loved Hayden Christensen in ROTS. The scenes when he had no dialogue were so expressive and powerful. I really feel like he was-is- the embodiment of Anakin/Young Darth Vader. Haters gonna hate.

Also, Ian McDiarmid, As everyone agrees, his performance was spectacular. But he has the MOST crazy evil cackle. It's so weird and so good.

Sepra and AshiusX like this.