main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Best and worst of the EU?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Schwarma, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Plagueis novel has Plagueis say that the RoT has basically been superseded.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    It really depends what appeals to you about SW. What are you looking to read about?

3. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

I'd say it's not, because Maul wasn't sold as a Sith Apprentice to Plagueis. What's more, beyond being referred to one, i'd say it's suspect how serious Palpatine was even taking Maul's training, seeing as he really did just treat Maul as a weapon and nothing more. Maul even notes at one point that he doesn't really know the inner workings of the Sith Order, and wonders how exactly he can be expected to take over one day. If you look at it from Plagueis point of view, Maul's nothing more than a weapon, and Darth Bane specifically made it clear that Dark Jedi and others could be used as such by the Sith at any time, without breaking the Rule. From Palpatine's view, even if you want to view him as Palpatine's eventual successor, you could say it's no different again from what Bane did, where he had Cognus ready and waiting should he defeat Zannah, so he then wouldn't have to spend years looking for an Apprentice. Even Palpatine again always had Anakin hanging on his every world, and at the same time had Dooku. There's nothing to indicate he ever saw Maul in the same light as Vader or Luke, as someone who could equal or succeed him. Further more, as Iron_lord points out, this had reached a point where the Master (Plagueis) had come to think that the Rule of Two had served it's purpose, and that it was time for the Sith to move on from it. Palpatine himself came to the same conclusion a few decades over 20 years later in Dark Empire.

4. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    But still, the name "Darth Maul" implies Maul is a sith. No non-sith has ever held the title of Darth, at least not to my knowledge.

5. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Zahn, Anderson, and Shatterpole were the guardians of peace and justice in the EU. Before the dark times, before the Denningverse. :p

DarthJenari and Iron_lord like this.
  6. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    For me ,for what I read so far, Luceno and Zahn are the best EU authors while Kenobi and Darth Plagueis my favorite EU books so far at least.
    Thankfully I haven't read anything to terrible though I found the Dark Nest trilogy to be less then great and Denning is not really my favorite star wars author.
    I want to point I have not read to much EU novels yet,so this is just what I read so far but I do intend to read more into the EU novels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.