1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

Clone Wars Best Arcs to Watch with the Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master

star 4
    I m planing to watch the saga with my family soon and was wondering what everyone's suggestions for the best arcs to watch to tie in with the saga?
  2. Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master

star 4
    First and foremost, I'd recommend the Genndy Tartakovsky 2D series (just called "Clone Wars"), since it was specifically made to connect II and III.

Some people will protest this, but don't pay 'em attention... go in with an open mind... if you have any interest in a story about the nature of the Force, the Mortis trilogy. It connects with the larger saga, since it has a few cameos in the form of visions of other important characters. However, only do this if you're watching the OT first, as it kinda spoils some stuff if your kids don't know the big Vader reveal. Anyway, it's an abstract story, and maybe too much so for young kids... but you asked about stuff that ties into the saga, and not much else in the CG series does, oddly enough. Not directly, anyway. It's kinda become its own thing.

However, for sheer quality and some war action, the stories about Domino Squad could be a great thing to watch. The episodes are scattered, but in order, they are: (1) Clone Cadets, (2) Rookies, (3) ARC Troopers. Then the Umbara arc fleshes them out some more.
    Last edited by PraenomenCognomen, Sep 8, 2013
  3. Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Master

star 5
    @PraenomenCognomen hit the nail on the head by suggesting the micro-series. I just mentioned in another thread how I've watched the whole saga but without Ep. II and with the micro-series in its place. And that was awesome. So I have to assume if you want to include Ep. II, that will be awesome too.

But the question you're asking is something most of the folks around here know I've put a considerable amount of thought into. I've put together the structure for a Clone Wars Trilogy of fan edit films I'm going to eventually make using the following episodes:

Episode I

Cat & Mouse
    The Hidden Enemy
    The New Padawan (first 1/4 of TCW film)
    Landing at Point Rain
    Weapons Factory
    Legacy of Terror
    Brain Invaders

Episode II

The Zillo Beast
    Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    The Citadel
    Counterattack
    Citadel Rescue
    Deception
    Friends & Enemies
    The Box
    Crisis on Naboo

Episode III

Kidnapped
    Slaves of the Republic
    Escape From Kadavo
    Overlords
    Sabotage
    The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
    To Catch a Jedi
    The Wrong Jedi

Obviously I'm just giving you the whole thing for suggestions, I don't know how much time you actually want to spend on TCW.

Some important character arcs here with Anakin (starting out good with the Jedi, getting frustrated next, and then getting totally pissed), Ahsoka (her future self warning her not to stay Anakin's apprentice in Overlords right before the finale), Barriss Offee, Captain/Admiral Tarkin, and more.

The second film has more episodes because it's the only one that's going to be heavily edited down. My Citadel arc edit is about 2/3 the length of the full arc, and I use almost none of The Box.

If you're interested, you can read more here:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...rilogy-set-between-ii-and-iii.50009876/page-2
    07jonesj and Lazy Storm Trooper like this.
  4. Orrelios Jedi Master

star 4
  5. JackG Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I find the Droid arc from S5 particularly poignant when watched between Episodes II and III.
    cdgodin and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  6. Ani501st Jedi Padawan

star 3
    In my opinion, best thing would be to watch the entire saga in chronological order I think there is a thread with the chronological order of TCW episodes.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    None, unless they release an Arc based on the Battle of Coruscant
    Last edited by Legolas Skywalker, Sep 9, 2013
  8. Narutakikun Jedi Knight

star 4
    [IMG]
  9. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 6
    "Heroes on Both Sides" for sure. It elaborates upon the CIS.
    cwustudent and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  10. TX-20 Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe entirely from the Clones perspective.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master

star 6

[IMG]
    JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  12. Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Master

star 5
    That is a really important one I wasn't able to fit into my Clone Wars Trilogy. That line in Ep. III's opening crawl has never been the same for me since.