main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Box set for Original and Prequel to buy?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Theron Solo, May 29, 2014.

1. Theron Solo

Theron Solo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Hey, I'm trying to figure out the best Box set of John Williams music to buy? I've seen a couple on Amazon but can't tell which is the best one. Is there one with the original and prequel soundtracks? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    It comes down to one of these 2 for the original trilogy: The tracklisting between each may be slightly different so check them out. The anthology box set has a great booklet with it.

The 1993 Anthology is 4 cds long (one for each film with a bonus disc of other tracks from the 3 films)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Trilogy-Soundtrack-Anthology/dp/B000002VI7/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401442154&sr=8-1&keywords=star wars anthology

The 30th anniversary box set is 7 cds long (2 discs per film with a bonus best of disc). I think this box set features the same music that is on the 2cd remasters from 2007.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Music-Star-Wars-Anniversary/dp/B000VEA38E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1401442046&sr=8-2&keywords=star wars soundtrack

The prequel ones are available separately.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Darkslayer likes this.
  4. Theron Solo

Theron Solo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Awesome thanks guys, I think I may buy both box sets and then just buy the prequels as well. I can never get enough of John Williams music. I am as excited for his soundtrack to the new movie as I am with the movie in general!!

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I just bought the '97 OT versions - they are great, highly recommended.

EternalHero likes this.