main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Best Buy DVD celebration

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Teras_Kasi_Master, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teras_Kasi_Master

Teras_Kasi_Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2003
    Hey, i just read on the official site, that Several best buys across the US are having celebrations at midnight for the release of the star wars DVDs, and the new game "Star Wars BAttle front" Maybe we could arrange to all meet there. I'm trying to convince my mo mto let me go, but its on a school night :( . any way, heres the article:

Star Wars Original Trilogy Midnight Openings at Best Buy
    September 07, 2004

Select Best Buy store locations are set to celebrate the release of the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD, and the debut of the new LucasArts game Star Wars: Battlefront, with fans across the U.S.
    Stores in nine select locations plan to host Midnight Opening events starting Monday night, Sept. 20, and extending into the early hours of Tuesday morning, Sept. 21, the date of the worldwide release of the Trilogy and Battlefront.

Star Wars fans have been waiting for this release for years, and retailers everywhere will be welcoming fans and film enthusiasts to their stores on Sept. 21. The Best Buy locations have planned events specifically with fans in mind. The evening will start with festivities, music, and events such as Star Wars trivia outside each store, and will culminate at 12:01 AM on Sept. 21 when the stores open their doors for shopping.

Lucky winners at each location will take home prize packages that include the Star Wars Trilogy DVD set, Battlefront, and an Xbox video game system. Members of the 501st and Rebel Legion Star Wars costuming groups will be on hand to add authentic Star Wars ambiance.

Best Buy, Lucasfilm, and LucasArts, in cooperation with Xbox and Master Replicas, have put together exclusive prize packages for these Midnight Opening events:

Darth Vader's Imperial Grand Prize -- 1 per store
    Microsoft® Xbox HD Package
    2-year subscription to Xbox magazine
    Darth Vader lightsaber from Master Replicas
    Star Wars Trilogy DVD
    Star Wars: Battlefront game

Han Solo's Cargo First Prize -- 1 per store
    Microsoft Xbox HD Package
    Star Wars Trilogy DVD
    Star Wars: Battlefront game

Boba Fett's Bounty Second Prize -- 1 per store
    Microsoft Xbox Standard