main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Buy DVD release

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    The Star Wars Trilogy DVD is scheduled to be released on September 21st. Coyote/Jim and I have been talking with area Best Buy managers, and the Brookpark Road location agreed to let us set up shop in their store. There will be a special table for the new release (with a TV playing the movies) in the store, and they'd like some costumed and non-costumed people there to help. All we need a couple people to be there to help promote the DVD (as well as us) to the people coming in to buy the DVDs.

I'd like to get a second location (North Olmsted) that day...but right now it's just the 1 location (that may change)

Tuesday 9/21 Best Buy
    Krash
    Padawan92
    ???
    ???

We're also looking to add a second date @ the Best Buy in Fairlawn (near Summit Mall) that weekend. When we have a definate "GO" on that...I'll post more details.

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Tuesday 9/21 Best Buy
    Krash
    Padawan92
    Jade

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    So is it just the three of us on Tuesday?

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I have to work, but I'll probably be there to buy the trilogy sometime after 6, unless I can stop in earlier in the day.

So, uh, this is rather long-winded way of saying "Yes" on my part.

5. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    school :( But I have it preordered at FYE in Belden Village ;)

6. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    For all those planning on coming up to Brookpark, DON'T.
    We're calling it off. Best Buy is now saying that we can hang out in costume there, but we are not allowed to distribute any materials promoting either JKOC or 501st. :rolleyes:

So it is called off. Contact Geoff with any questions.

EDIT: per obejuan:
    I picked up my copy of SW this a.m. at Suncoast in Summit Mall in Fairlawn. Was talking to the manager who was really sweet and nice. She is very interested in having a SW presence there. The only logistical issue is changing rooms.

Since we're not going to Best Buy, I called the manager to check again to see if she would be interested in having us there. She said she would love us to come. We can hand out SW stickers and flyers and promote the DVD release. She even said we can distribute literature about the 501st and the JKOC. We could change in the huge bathrooms in the food court. She would be willing to store our costume bins for us. We cannot change at the store (theft issue).

So, would anyone be interested in trooping at this Suncoast location tonight? We've spent alot of time and efforts on our costumes and this event comes only once. Darn it, I want to troop somewhere!

Just talked to Geoff.
    Suncoast at Fairlawn it is. Everyone who was planning on going, head over to Suncoast at Summit mall whenever you are able to make it after 4p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.