1. Attention Guest.

This region will undergo restructuring. For more information regarding this process, please visit this thread

Best Buy @ the Avenues Tues., Sept 12th 6-8pm

Discussion in 'Jacksonville, FL' started by JaxAnakinSkywalker, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Luis, Try what? You have like 4 costumes? Now I'm confused? Huh?
  2. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    sorry, about that, I was typing IM's and good the wrong screen open. I can't do 2 things at the same time. LOL
  3. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, that makes sense. I was like...huh? I thought you might of lost your mind for a minute there ;)
  4. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    I know. But I apologize again because I din't remove my Helmet. Thats the proper way to say that, but If you ask the 501st thay will say BUCKET.
  5. Sithmauler Jedi Knight

15 people thats a lot of costumed members, I just find it hard to believe that the event got scheduled and you didn't have the numbers to cover it. That's just sad.
  6. HoloMaul Jedi Padawan

my dad saw u there when he got my dvds - he said there was only like 2 people - that sux
  7. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Here we go with the numbers again. Can we please drop this subject posted conveniently on every event. Until EVERYONE is a costumer and knows the pressures and time involved please let it go.
  8. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Patrice, take it easyon the new guys. we do not want them to get scared away. They r just asking questions.
  9. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    "That sux" and "That's sad" aren't questions. Why would they wonder how many people were at every recent event anyway. Sounds a little strange.

No offense new people. It just looks weird on this end. We love you and want new costumers so we can have more people come to events and everyone would not be expected to go to every event all of the time if the load remains the same.

15 costumers and only 3 showed because..

Luis - Stormtrooper, jango fett, Jedi Knight and Sith Knight - Came

Chase - anakin Skywalker (good & evil) - Could not come because I was on 95 heading down with 2 kids and had a Diabetic Episode/Seizure and nearly ran into a semi. I pulled over and waited 45 mins with 2 small kids he came and got me. No fun!

Gina - Female Jedi knight, mara jade - She is a teacher up near Georgia. We had just done andevent and the drive was too far.

Steve - clonetrooper, Imperial Officer, jedi knight - Came

chris - jedi knight - had to work I believe.

amanda - Rebel pilot "Phantom Raider" - Came

patrice - Padme' Skywalker (episode II & III) - I'm Ani's wife. The one with the Seizure while driving.

dwight - the mandalorian bounty hunter - Is making a movie.

gary - sandtrooper Gina's husband who works deeper in GA and couldn't drive that far in the amount of time.

sinclair - Mara Jade - has bee sick with mono

travis - jedi knight - I don't know why

Justin - jawa - Is a younger member who's parents must take him to all events. They likely had something to do.

Riqui - qui Gon Jinn - his girlfriend stole his costume and Ani is making him a new one he also does not have a car.

jeff - obi-wan kenobi - Anakin had not completed his costume yet. It is now complete.

Terry - Darth Vader - Working

Jamison - Darth Vader - Working

Melissa - active member - Non- Costumer, but cool girl.

....and there is everyone's reason. Hope that clears things up a bit and that you come out and join us. Luis is a Navy guy so he gets the slacker schedule. Manda is a teacher so she gets out early. I'm not sure what Steve does...something for Disney, but his schedule seems a bit more open. The rest have 9-5 jobs and life that can sometimes get in the way of a hobby group. Make no mistake though we love the FCJK and the people in it. We used to only have one event a month at Mama Fu's and last year even less events. It got us out there and suddenly we are SLAMMED with events. We aren't used to it. September is the first month that has ever happened to us. It isn't the norm. We will adjust I am sure.
  10. HoloMaul Jedi Padawan

get a grip

i don't think id want to be ina group w u
  11. DairNimiris FanForce CR Jacksonville, FL USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    You know what? The end of the year is one of the busiest times of the year. You've got Summer just ending and parents getting back into the groove. You've got back-to-back holiday months, Memorial Day, Halloween and Thanksgiving and all the while people are gearing up for Christmas. And yeah, I'm making a movie. We're all freaking busy.

But you're right, it does suck that only three people show to an event, regardless of everyone's reasons. But we keep going. We don't let that stop us. And then we're able to really pull something together and the next thing you know, there's ten to fifteen people at an event, or sometimes upwards of thirty when we do the hospital visits.

So what are you gonna do? Cry about that bad times? I don't even worry about them. Sure they suck, but they're not a deal breaker. Hell, almost all of life sucks but it's the good parts we care about.

Just think of it this way, if only three of us show up and then you two new-comers join in, we have five. That's enough to turn some heads. Then the next time out, six of us show up and you guys come out in costume. That's eight costumers! Eight is a lot, really. And you'll understand why when you actually see it all happen. I think if you want to make a judgement about anything, you should try it out first. So come on out and see how it jives with you. And if you still think it sucks, no sweat off our back or yours! Everybody's happy! See?

Always trust the resident Mandalorian.
  12. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    I apologize if I offended you. It's just you seem kind of set on finding another group anyway. Hope you join us. I was just trying to let you know where everyone was that day since you were curious. That was just a run down of where everyone was. Not meant to scare you away, but after the "that sux" comment it seemed like you were kind of downing us for having a life outside of the group.

Just curious. How are you not in school right now - It's 1:40 in the afternoon and you are 15?
  13. DairNimiris FanForce CR Jacksonville, FL USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    I never go by the times posted on the boards. They're always off to me anyway.
  14. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, that's why I was looking at my clock when he posted that. I just thought it was odd.
  15. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a the slacker schedule, obviously you have no idea the amount of work that I have do.
  16. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry Blaze. Was a joke. I was married to a Navy guy. I know how it can be.
  17. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    that kid might be in computer lab... U never know. I know my son surfs the net on computer lab.
  18. HoloMaul Jedi Padawan

its called home school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we moved from canada this summer and mom didnt like schools here
  19. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cool! We have something in common. I home school our kids. Do you like it? I'm curious how they will like it when they are a teen? Let me know. Seriously. Awesome dude.
  20. DairNimiris FanForce CR Jacksonville, FL USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    I loved being homeschooled because it meant I could do all my school work at night and have the whole next day to play and do whatever I wanted!
  21. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cool Dwight. I didn't know you were homeschooled either. That is what I was hoping they would think about it. Right now they love it.
  22. ImperialOrder Jedi Knight

star 2
    Home school is alright. I have to agree though, because the education system in Canada is awesome. I miss that place sometimes....

>Steve
  23. ObiWanAmanda Jedi Knight

star 2
    OK, OK people....cool your jets. Does Ms. Miller have to set a few of you in time out??? LOL Everyone take a deep breath and count to 100...now dont we all feel better. :D
  24. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    I feel good Ms. Miller. I just know we have all been working hard to make FCJK the coolest place around. Easy to get upset over negative comments when we really have done so many great thing this month.

Can't wait to see the pics of the Make a Wish Event. Are you bringing your camera or do I need so send mine with Ani?
  25. Sithmauler Jedi Knight

I just don't believe this, I just asked a question and you guys are trying to bite my head off. It was just a question.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.