main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best character musical theme

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Gregatron, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregatron

Gregatron Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
  2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Good poll!!! I had to choose the Force theme. It's just amazing.

3. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    first of all i want to say that i think that all the character music in the star wars films are amazing.
    but my vote went to han/leia, great score

4. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Luke's Theme, of course. :D

5. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    IMPERIAL MARCH!!

That and Duel of the Fates are the two best pieces of music ever created (IMO, of course ;)).

6. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    I picked Imperial March (have you ever listened to it with headphones on with the volume all the way up? INCREDIBLE!!! Though I probably am damaging my ears...) , but where is Anakin's Theme? That is another incredible piece of music!

7. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Ok, here's a good point to get something cleared up. Am I correct in assuming that Luke's theme and the main theme are the same?

I would also vote for the Force theme, but I never associate it with Obi-Wan's character, so for the purposes of this poll I chose my other favorite.

Hey, Jaina02 no fair, that's my signature! [I think I already had this conversation with someone- was it you?]

8. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I had to go with the Force Theme. That's what it's all about :)

9. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Speaking of character themes and instead of creating an entirely new thread... Does anyone who has read the reviews or heard the music know if they are using Boba Fett's short little ominous theme from ESB?

10. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Speaking of character themes and instead of creating an entirely new thread... Does anyone who has read the reviews or heard the music know if they are using Boba Fett's short little ominous theme from ESB?

This is not something that should be talked about here. Please take this to the Spoilers AOTC Music Discussion thread. Thanks.

11. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Sorry about that. I'm just trying to stay spoiler free and I didn't want to find out too much. Maybe I should just be pleasently surprised. :)

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The Force theme!! Hands down!!

13. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I can remember laying the top bunk of my bunkbed when I was like 8 listening to a tape of my Dad's Star Wars soundtrack record and playing what is now called Binary Sunset over and over again. It's all about the Force theme.

14. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Am I the only one who voted for the emperor(Sidious)theme? Well, I only can say, that theme is very, very dark and you can nearly see the Emperor in that piece of music. It's the darkest piece of music in the whole SW saga. That's why I like it... [face_devil]

15. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Actually that one is up there... prolly my third favorite. It is amazing and I cannot wait to see where it goes in Episode II and III.

16. _Padme_

_Padme_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    Darth Vader's Imperial March.

17. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I absolutely adore the Han/Leia love theme. *chin wobbles at the thought* It's so beautiful, and so sad, yet it transcends the strife of their lives and LOVE CONQUERS ALL!!!

18. Fat_Fett

Fat_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2001
    While it's not my favorite theme, I voted for the Emperor's theme. That piece of music is so freakin evil! It captures ol' Palpy's character extremely well, and it sounds like it even characterizes the Dark Side! That chorus of basses makes it sound even spookier.

19. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I voted for Emperor's, but the Imperial March is awesome too. Also, I kinda liked Boba Fett's music.

20. Black-Knight

Black-Knight Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2001
    Tough Choice.

In my opinion, the force theme can´t be totaly associated with Obi-Wan since it has been since used as a generic theme for the Force.

Of course the same trail of thought could be used in relation to the Imperial March as not so much as Vader's theme but as the hymn to the imperial forces.

Even the Emperor's theme could be generic utilized as the theme of the dark side of the force.

Thus I have chosen the music I prefer the best among all, the Imperial March, although I remain sceptical of his imediate association with Vader as distict of the imperial forces something which I think the next movie may not completely disprove. (Based on my opinion and not on any spoilers)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.