main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best classic trilogy ending?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by mattalgrand, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tolkien101

Tolkien101 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2003
    I would say... um... oh... ANH. Only because TESB is to dark and in ROTJ you know the triligy is ending so you can't enjoy it.

2. J-Solo

J-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 1999
    And J-Solo, one of the things I disliked about RotJ as a whole was that it didn't take itself seriously enough. Star Wars is supposed to be an epic, not a tounge-in-cheek sci-fi B-movie

Is it, really? I don't know. Originally, I guess it wasn't an "epic". Lucas himself called it an ice-cream, with many flavors. And ESB was very, very dark (great, but dark). I think ROTJ is really well balanced. We have the "lightness" of the first episode (A new Hope, I mean), and the darkness of the second. And a whole lot of the film is spent with the Emperor, Vader and Luke, it's not like it was just a few moments in the end. I'm not particuarly fond of Jabba's sequence, but it's ok. But after that is pure, classic Star Wars. Yoda's death (one of the most touching moments of the whole saga); Obi-Wan's revelation about Luke's sister; the briefing scene, the tense moments inside the ship, going to Endor, when Vader senses Luke; Luke and Leia (can you hear the music?); Vader and Luke meeting and really having a conversation for the first time; meeting the Emperor; the duel; the battle; Vader's death; Vader's funeral...I mean, wow!

Ok, so we have some Teddy bears walking around through all this? So what? I think the rest pays off.

And nothing is worse than TPM.

3. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Hey! Take it easy on TPM.

ROTJ has the best ending. When Luke is standing before the funeral pyre and the camera tilts up and the music plays and the X-Wings fly-by with the fireworks and the Ewok song plays. None of the other episodes can compare to that. It brings back so many wonderful memories for me when I saw the trilogys in their original premieres.

4. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I like the ending of ROTJ the best. AOTC is pretty damn good as well. ANH has the worst ending in my opinion.

5. ValinFett21

ValinFett21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2003
    I like Empire but I was surprised by the darkness in AOTC. That's my favorite by a slim margin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.