main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Console For Star Wars Games

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by AssassinDroid21, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I'd say Gamecube. Only one so far, but it was a great game and it has 2 more coming.

2. goraptors

goraptors Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2002
    I think the games are pretty much evenly distributed across all systems.

But that Star Wars Rogue Leader game for GC is the best star wars game on a console...period. So until one of the other consoles come out with a better game than that, I would have to put the gamecube ahead of the other two in the star wars department.

But PS2 has better games overall.

3. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    First of all, this is an opionion. I hated Rogue Leader. Right Now, there isn't really any good SW games on consoles. But pretty soon I feel Xbox will be with Galaxies, Kedi Knight II, and Knights of the Old Republic.

But PS2 has better games overall.

This too is an opionion matter, and I feel you are mistaken.

4. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Really, if you like SW games, the PC is the way to go.
    But pretty soon I feel Xbox will be with Galaxies, Kedi Knight II, and Knights of the Old Republic.

JO is already out on the PC, and has lots of skins, mods, and levels you can download for multiplay, and Galaxies and KotOR will be on the PC as well.

Of course, if you have something against PCs for some bizarre reason (despite their vast supiorness :p ) I'd say X-Box, as I basically agree with Miin.

5. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Gamecube. We get:
    Rogue Leader
    Clone Wars
    Bounty Hunter
    Jedi Outcast (way better on the PC though)

X-Box got those Starfighter games and Obi-Wan but those games kinda sucked. X-Box also gets KOTOR which looks okay but i'm not a huge RPG fan. It's also coming out on PC. Jedi Outcast is another PC game which will be on X-Box and GC. X-Box is also getting Galaxies, but again that's another PC game which will be better on PC. In other words, if you have a PC and you are deciding which console to get for Star Wars games, you gotta go with Gamecube.

6. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Except for JO PS2 has everything that the cube has. LA has shared the wealth to the point that if you get two consoles, you elimiate the need for the third (assuming you get the Xbox as one of them). They're really trying to be fair to everyone.

This is purely an opinionated matter. If you're going purely by specs then the Xbox would be the best console suited for SW games but if you're going by selection it's a toss up and you have your choice. Personally I'd say get an Xbox and then choose either a PS2 or gamecube and your arse=covered.

7. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    I say the Gamecube because I have one and if LA doesn't give me lots of SW games to play on the console I have, I'll be sorely pissed.

I'm not knocking the X-box or PS2, it's just that they shouldn't get the SW games I really want to play but can't because I don't want to buy another console just for the SW games I can't get on my cube.

Lucas arts to I-poodoo:
    Knights of the Old Republic, Starfighter, Jedi Starfighter, Galaxies-sorry, not for you, I-poodoo unless you spend another $200 for an X-box or PS2.
    Grrr! I hate exclusives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.