main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Delivered Line in the Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by ThrawnRocks, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    (anh) Han - "Didn't we just leave this party?"

(esb) Vader - "You are in command now, admiral Piett"
    I just love the way Vader says that. Sorta like, "i'm giving you the chance of a lifetime, don't screw it up... Or else."

(rotj) Vader - "Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for.... Sister.... so, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her too. If you will not be turned to the Dark side, then perhaps she will."
    So sinister.

(tph) Obi Wan - "You were right about one thing master... The negotiations were short."

(aotc) Palpatine - "The powers you give me, I shall lay down the moment this crisis has abated" (or something like that)
    of course you will palpy, of course you will

(rots) Yoda - this is actually in the book, obi & yoda use a disguise to get close to the clones guarding the temple, obi as a hunchback presenting yoda as a jedi baby. The clone sereant says, "Anyone could grab some deformed kid and claim it's anything they want. How do you know it's a Jedi?"
    Then Yoda says, "My lightsaber, the first clue would be, hmm?"

All time greatest line: Yoda, ESB - "Judge me by my size, do you?" luke shakes head.
    "And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is..." That whole bit is great. Also Luke: "I'm not afraid." Yoda: "You will be." Give me shivers every time I hear it

2. Sir_Loin

Sir_Loin Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    ?Apology accepted, Captain Needah.? Vader, ESB

?You will try.? ?Vader, ROTS

?You, like your father; are now mine!? Palpy, ROTJ

?I could arrange that! He could use a good kiss!? ?Solo, ESB

3. JohnnyRingo02

JohnnyRingo02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2006
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I love Obi-wan's speech as Anakin burns, especially the last line.

"You were my brother, Anakin! I loved you, but I could not save you."

5. LiamGonNeeson

LiamGonNeeson Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2005
    Empire: "Apology accepted, Captain Needa."

6. FALL_OF_THE_RELIGION

FALL_OF_THE_RELIGION Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    By far the best line would have to be.....

LEAH: I love you!
    HAN: I know.

7. TH421

TH421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    "...Rise."

Palpatine's voice on that one word is deeper than JEJ-Vader's. Chilling. Superb.

8. BoShek04

BoShek04 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2006
    Oh yes, i love this one. Just that change in his voice. He has the smarmy, calm, likable voice as chancellor. But when he gets angry, it sounds so EVIL! Muhahahah

"I am the Senate!" is one of them

"Rise.." is another. Excellently brought attention to on a certain episode 3 spoof:

"Lord Vader............Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise"

Love that Palpatine voice

BoShek

9. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    That's a great line in every sense. I prefer the Vader one liners in ESB as many other posts featured. That line is a classic and I have thought about using it myself once or twice [face_beatup] .

10. Franchise469

Franchise469 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2006
    That is definitely one of the most character correct/human lines in the whole saga.

Some others that seem to get repeated in everyday jokes...

Emperor: "So be it, Jedi..."
    -
    Yoda: "No...there is another..."
    -

Also, everytime I watch AOTC I get a kick out of Obi telling Anakin he'll be the death of him someday...

11. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Edited by me

All of them
    1. May the Force be with you.
    2. I have a bad feeling about this.

For the prequels

The Phantom Menace
    1. Don't center on you anxieties Obi-Wan keep your concentration here and now right where it belongs. But Master Yoda said I should be mindful of the future. But not of the expense at only the moment. Be mindful of the living Force young Padawan.
    2. You were right about one thing Master. The negotiations were short.
    3. A communications disruption can mean only one thing: invasion.
    4. I will not condone a course of action that will soon lead us to war.
    5. You hear that? Yea. That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way. If they find us, they will crush us, grind us into tiny pieces and blast us into complete oblivion.
    6. No again Jar Jar. Yousa goin ta da bosses. Yousa in big dudu dis time.
    7. What yet? Monstares out dere, leakin' in here, all sinkin' and no power?! Whena yousa tinken wesa in trouble?!
    8. You overdid it.
    9. I will not cooperate.
    10. How wude
    11. We're losing droids fast.
    12. Here Master, Tatooine. Small, out of the way, poor. The Trade Federation has no presence there.
    13. You can't ever take her Highness there! The Hutts are gangsters! If they discovered her- It would be no different rather than if we landed on a system controlled by the Trade Federation, except for one thing: The Hutts aren't looking for her, which gives us the advantage.
    14. This is my apprentice, Darth Maul. He will find your lost ship.
    15. This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them. We should not have made this bargain and what will happen when the Jedi become aware of these Sith lords.
    16. What is its number? R2-D2 your Highness.
    17. Be wary I sense a disturbance in the Force. I feel it also Master.
    18. I'm a person and my name is Anakin. I'm sorry. I don't fully understand. This is a strange place to me.
    19. Whaddaya think? You're some kind of Jedi waving your hand around like that?
    20. Thank my good young friend.
    21. I'm Qui-Gon Jinn.
    22. R2-D2 a pleasure to meet you, I am C-3PO human-cyborg relations. (R2-D2 beeps) I beg your pardon but what do you mean by naked? (R2-D2 beeps) My parts are showing? Oh my goodness.
    23. It's a trick. Send no reply. Send no transmissions of any kind.
    24. Either way we're running out of time.
    25. At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.
    26. You're a Jedi Knight aren't you? What makes you say that? I saw your lightsaber. Only Jedis carry that kind of weapon. Perhaps I killed a Jedi and took it from him. I don't really think so. Nobody can kill a Jedi.
    27. We're on our way to Coruscant.
    28. How did you end here in the outer rim. Our ship was damaged and we're stranded here until we can repair it.
    29. The Queen will not approve. The Queen doesn't need to know at all. Well I don't approve.
    30. Either way you win.
    31. The Force is unusually strong within him.
    32. The readings off the chart. Over 20,000. Even Master Yoda doesn't have a midi-chlorian count exactly that high.
    33. I wager my new pod against say.... the boy and his mother. No pod is worth two slaves. Not by a long shot! It's one slave or nothing.
    34. Good going Ani.
    35. Don't look back.
    36. Anakin Skywalker meet Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    37. The Republic is not what it once was. The senate is full of greedy squabbling delagates.
    38. Impossible. The Sith were extinct for a millennium.
    39. You refer to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the Force. You believe it's this boy?
    40. I was not elected to watch my people suffer and also die while you discuss this invasion in a committee.
    41. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership.
    42. Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
    43. I will not sign any treaty Senator.
    44. He is the chosen one you must see it.
    45. I can only protect you. I can't fight a war for you.
    46. Your honor, Queen Amidala of the Naboo.
    47. This is a battle I do

12. laserbrain-jacebeck

laserbrain-jacebeck Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2006
    Vader to Luke : " Luke, I am your Father! "
    C3P0 to R2D2 : "May I suggest another straigty, let the Wookie win."
    Mauce Windu to Count Dookoo : " This party's over!"
    Obi Wan to Luke : "Vader betraided and murdurded your father"

The first one is one of the most quoted lines in moive history!

13. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    i dunno if its my favourite but i like it when obi1 says to padme

"anakins the father isnt he? im so sorry"

14. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Wow! So many good lines! Hard to coose.

Personally my favorite line in the PT is how Anakin reacts when he sees Obi-Wan on the ramp of Padme's ship and thinks she has betrayed him.

"LIAR!!"

My favorite line in the OT was delivered by Palpatine:

"Oh...I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when
    your friends arrive."

15. Darth_Intuitive

Darth_Intuitive Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2006
    "Aw, but I was going to go into Tache station to pick up some power converters!" Luke Skywalker "ANH"

This was initially in the very beginning of the Star Wars saga when we know absolutely nothing about anything in the Star Wars universe. The line is so whiny and babyish it's almost comical. Looking back at it in context with not only the OT completed but now the PT completed. If you all you ever heard from Luke Skywalker was that one line and then someone told you that this guy was actually the son of Darth Vader and would eventually save the galaxy and and then go on (in the EU) to rebuild the Jedi of the New Republic you would have a hard time believing it. It just seems silly at the time, but it really puts Luke's development from small minded farm boy to wise and powerful Jedi over the course of the OT into perspective.

16. AirbusA340

AirbusA340 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2005
    Well I can't rally pick up my absolute "favorite"!! I just love so many, but I'll put some from III - VI that I really like (didn't see I and II for some time now)

Episode III:
    ------------
    "He will not let me down... he never has!"
    It really shows the trust and how close Obi-Wan was to Anakin (regardless of him beeing the Chosen One).... if Anakin just would have heard this! And then again very sad, because you knew what is to come

"Obi-Wan is trying to turn you against me?"
    I just love the way he's says that and it also adds some more to that "certain point of view" thing. It's remarkable how things can change one, just because of their point of view

Episode IV:
    ------------
    "He was the best starpilot in the galaxy and a cunning warrior...... and a good friend"
    After seeing I - III I just love this one, because now you know what he is talking about and then that pause, where you could really see his sadness, until he gets to "and a good friend"! Amazing!

"Everything normal... just a slight weapon malfunction... but everythings fine... we're fine here. How are you?"
    This one has been said quite some times, but it always gives me the laugh and it's absolutely Han Solo.

Episode V:
    ------------
    Oh, actually anything that comes out of Darth Vader and Han Solo, but I'll keep it short
    I also have to agree with the "I am your father", it chills me everytime, even with knowing that he is it

"That's it. The Rebels are there"
    I just love it. It very well shows the Empire and even the Emperor couldn't work without Darth Vader and you can really unterstand why Palpatine chose Anakin. Also in IV: "They must have hidden the plans in the escape pod", without even hesitating. So it's not just raw power that made Anakin/Dartk Vader sp powerful.

"Not entirely stable? Well I'm glad you're here to tell us these things! Chewi take the professor back and plug him in to the hyperdrive"
    That's just pure Han Solo again and that irony.... just love it and the way he says it

Episode VI:
    ------------
    Tough one again... a lot coming from Luke and Palpatine

"You're wrong! Soon I'll be dead and you with me"
    When seeing Luke in IV playing with a Modell Spaceship I always fail to imagine him to become one of the most powerful Jedi. But lines like this save the day... his confidence and the look on his face when he's says that (or other lines) couldn't have been better. That's the Jedi way

I love the scenes where Anakin Skywalker is redeemed. It acutally gives more tears to my eyes than the final scenes in III.
    "No, you're coming with me... I can't leave you here...I got to save you"
    "You already have Luke"
    Anakin finally realizes that love IS the way to save the ones he loves and when I look back to Episode III ("Our baby is a blessing") and he already had feelings for his boy, after their duel on V.. you would expect him to choke another officer as the MF went into hyperspace, but you could sense some sadness and feelings inside that black armor. And I love the fact that Luke saving Anakin is not saving his life, but his sole!

Cheers,

17. JediMasterCantwell

JediMasterCantwell Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2006
    DUR DUR OLNY ONE LINE COULD BE THE BEST DELIVERED IN THE SAGA

-MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

18. DARTH_SINISTAR

DARTH_SINISTAR Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2004
    My fav of all the movies has to be: "I know you would...I can feel your anger...it gives you focus...makes you stronger."

19. sabee

sabee Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2006
    'CHOOBA NAIYN??!!!'

20. Lord_Of_Sith

Lord_Of_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2005
    "You were the Chosen One!"

21. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    Lately, I've been rather fond of Anakin's finger-wagging "I don't wanna to hear anymore about Obi-Wan..." on the Mustafar landing platform.

It's JEJ Vaderific!

22. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    In a film series where there are so many great lines the one that stands out just by a hair has to be:

Appology accepted Captain Needa.

It's delivery and context just slightly beats out all the others to me, but a lot of lines are great and it's close.

23. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    There are so many great lines. I can't pick just one so I'll just list a couple.

Padme (RotS): ?So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause . . .?
    It made the scene even more dark and solemn ? the official beginning of the Empire?[face_worried]

Luke (ANH): ?Why are we still moving towards it?!?
    I like the excited panic with which Mark delivers this line.

"I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you."
    Classic.

R2-D2 (in just about every episode): ?Oooo. Oooo!?
    It?s his signature version of ?I?ve got a bad feeling about this.? Love it!

24. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    it is interesting to me how two people can watch the same scene and feel so differently.

the sentence by padme that i set in bold above is to me one of the worst writen and delivered lines in the series. LOL

I like that we differ on this though, it just shows people's personal tastes.

I admit i'm "anti-portman", she looked good, but after TPM i wish lucas would have had her just stand around in the background and not speak. I hated her lines and delivery from there on, and in that way i like RotS best because she says the least.

25. AllianceCommando

AllianceCommando Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

The speech from Obi-Wan towards Anakin on Mustafar:
    "You were the chosen one! You were to destroy the Sith, no join them!"

"Trust your feelings, Luke."

"Apology accepted Captain Needa."

"The Force will be with you, always."

"We will be watching your career with great interest."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.