main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Display Case for TK Stormtrooper Helmet?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Koopa, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koopa

Koopa Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2004
    Greetings all,

I am now the proud owner of the JJ Abrams LOST TK Stormtrooper Helmet that was auctioned off at Celebration 5. Star Wars and Lost are two of my favorite stories of all time and when I saw them combined in one beauitful piece of art, I couldn't resist.

The problem I have now is how best to display it. I was thing a nice acrylic box to go over the helmet. Any suggestions on where to buy? I am also open to any other way to display my prized Stormtrooper helmet. :)

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I would suggest building your own, so you can get the right size. TAP Plastics in the US is handy. Just buy your pieces (they will custom cut for you), and use jeweler's glue (superglues will fog up the plastic) and you're set.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You could also try places that sell sports-related cases. One for an NFL Helmet might be about the right size. I think people have done that in the past.

Congrats on your win! You should post a pic once you have it up for display!

4. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I looked up "helmet display" in the Sports and Outdoors section at Amazon, they have a bunch of football helmet cases and some baseball ones.

I don't know what the sizing of a Trooper helmet versus a Football helmet is.

They also have a stand for displaying it in the room- looks like a pole lamp to me :p

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you do a search on Amazon read the description closely - some of the ones that came up were for mini helmets as opposed to full size.

6. darkerdave

darkerdave Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2010
    I'd definitely agree with building a custom glass case yourself, even modify a pre-pack glass shelved cabinet from your local DIY/furniture store. I did this with mine and it looks top-notch!

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Can you post a pic?

8. darkerdave

darkerdave Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2010
    Heh, will do - soon as I get my digi camera back from a mate who 'borrowed' it a month ago...

9. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Koopa, I'm facing the same thing with both the Sith Empire and Fanboys ones (if I'm remembering correctly you were just behind us at the auction). I'd agree with making one yourself, or going to someone that deals with collectibles to do it for you so that there's no problems. You could probably get a small plaque done to go with it too.

To the suggestion of getting a football helmet case, you'll be wasting your money. TK helmets are taller and thinner in depth than exact sized helmets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.