main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Ending Montage of the Prequels?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by LordHelmet1, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Only_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    The best end scene is the ANH ending but with the PT Id have to go with ROTS;)

2. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    ROTS

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

3. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    ROTS, no question about it. AOTC is excellent as well, but nothing can beat the tragedy and poignancy of ROTS. I'd say it was actually the best of any of the six films.

4. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Attack of the Clones by miles. The Imperial March theme played right on cue as Palpatine overlooks the makings of his Empire followed by the lush beauty of the secret wedding on Naboo is a divine sequence. The shot of Padme grasping Anakin?s metallic hand is definitely one of the PT?s defining moments where joy and tragedy ring simultaneously. She literally can?t let go of a man who?s physically and psychologically well on his way to becoming a monster.

5. CJedi72

CJedi72 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    PT: Attack of the Clones: Showing Anakins robotic hand was a pretty good foreshadowing of events to come by Lucas.

OT: ANH: The most satisfying montage ending of any movie I have ever seen.

On a sidenote, not one vote for TPM? There is a thread The Phantom Masterpiece, in which many of you responded in agreement, but nobody has picked it so far as their favorite montage ending. Doesn't a great ending top off a masterpiece?

6. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    In my opinion, I would say that the AOTC ending is the best out of the endings in the six movies with the ESB ending coming at a close second since those two endings mirrored each other.

7. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    IMO the AOTC ending is the best SW ending ever! (ROTJ SE is a close second) :)

8. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    AOTC has the best ending of the PT
    ESB has the best ending of the OT
    Both are very similar but there is a glimmer of hope in TESB whereas AOTC's finale is the grimmest of the saga [face_worried]

9. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    AotC's ending by far. I liked the parade at the end of TPM, it was very satisfying and a good nod to ANH. I didn't like RotS' ending as much with the seperation of the twins, seemed jarring to me.

10. obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 28, 2004
    ROTS was the most fun to watch........but AOTC had the best music to it

11. jedipadawanjoe14

jedipadawanjoe14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2005
    ROTS
    ROTJ
    AOTC
    ESB

i think im alone on this, but my least favorates are a tie between TPM and ANH, i really dont like either all too much
    if i had too coose, i think it would go to TPM

12. General_Quenobi

General_Quenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    My order would go like this.

1. ATTACK OF THE CLONES

2. REVENGE OF THE SITH

3. THE PHANTOM MENACE

13. am-pm

am-pm Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005
    I agree, but I'd back it up just a bit. From the line "The shroud of the dark side has fallen." That line right through to the end of the movie gives me chills. It is all haunting, sad, moving, and brilliant.

In my opinion it is the best.

I like Revenge of the Sith's ending, but there were just too many missed opportunities to make it truly great.

AOTC hit all the rights notes.

14. chrisfree

chrisfree Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2006
    For me simply NOTHING can beat the Binary Sunset theme and picture, they have the most precious place in my heart of that GFFA. I remember the ROTS premiere and how much I enjoyed the whole movie, but when it finished I was in total shock. It was unexpected and I was so moved I almost cried. Except there were like a few hundred people around me. [face_blush]

So, Revenge of the Sith for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.