main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best episodes(so far) of TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I think their list is alright.

rumblewagon likes this.
  2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Some of their choices were odd, but they provide reasoning behind their choices. *cough* *cough*

07jonesj likes this.
  3. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Season 1
    Rookies
    Blue Shadow Virus

Season 2
    Entire holocron arc
    Landing at point rain

Season 3
    Corruption
    Entire Nightsisters Trilogy

Season 4
    Shadow Warrior
    Entire Umbara arc
    Crisis on Naboo
    Brothers
    Revenge

Season 5
    Revival
    The Gathering

Huyang and 07jonesj like this.
  4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I picked out of duologies/trilogies/quadrilogies instead of single episodes because I love too many individual episodes to pick out of them. At least longer storylines let me have less to choose from! :p

Season 1
    Ryloth Trilogy
    Reasoning: Our first massive battle on this series, we were treated to an opening space battle (I love space battles!). Ahsoka was given some nice character development, and we had a tactical Thrawn reference. Second episode put the focus on my good friend, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Him taming the creatures was a cool moment. Waxer, Boil and Numa gave an incredibly human side to the battle. Third episode gave Mace Windu his spotlight. Use of shatterpoint was a "wow" moment. Cham Syndulla was an interesting character. Ultimately, this trilogy gave me everything I envisioned The Clone Wars giving me in it's large full-scale battles.

Season 2
    Geonosis Arc
    Reasoning: Our second massive battle on this series! But it didn't start with the action, it started with an intriguing prelude called "Senate Spy". We were introduced to Clovis, which gave us some amusing Anakin moments. I really liked that this episode had no weapons fired, no lightsabers drawn at all, and yet the next episode was 22 minutes of all-out action. Or rather, 44 minutes of action, as the second and third episodes form the Second Battle of Geonosis. Seeing other Jedi such as Ki-Adi-Mundi, Luminara and Barriss was pleasing. Flamethrowers. The next two episodes have zombies! Yes, but they actually ended up working, which surprised me. The Geonosians were suitably creepy, and Dee Bradley Baker nailed the Geonosian Queen. "Brain Invaders" gave us some neat Order 66 vibes, with Ahsoka being forced to fight clone troopers, and eventually Barriss herself, which was fairly brief, but one of the more tense of the series. Overall, going back to where the Clone Wars began was a good move, as it resulted in this fantastic 5-part storyline.

Season 3
    Nightsisters Trilogy
    Reasoning: This is where I feel The Clone Wars decided to become more cinematic in it's style and approach. This trilogy gives us a good look at Ventress, one of my favourite characters in this series. We get a brief space battle that evokes ROTS, and the Resolute is destroyed. Double Force Choke is badass. Sidious' intervention is most interesting. The flashbacks we got of Asajj's life were fantastic, I wish The Clone Wars would have more of them! Dooku fights off 3 Nightsisters in his pajamas, showing us that Christopher Lee is actually still pretty agile. In the second episode, we are given Savage Opress' origin story, which begins with a good look at the Nightbrothers' clan, and three trials. Three trials which I delight in watching. The hand-to-hand fight between Ventress and Opress was a great sequence, one which didn't involve blasters or sabers, yet was still fluid and intense. Nightsisters use of the Force continues to interest me. King Katuunko returns, harkening back to the very first episode of the show. Ventress vs. Dooku vs. Savage. The amount of red lightsaber in that room. Pure awesome. The cliffhanger ending was a huge surprise that left us thinking. Should also mention I love Talzin's role in the whole trilogy.

Season 4
    Umbara Arc
    Reasoning: Have you gathered that I look forward to the big battles in this show? More than Ryloth and Geonosis before it, Umbara really focuses on the clone troopers, removing Anakin from the equation a mere 10 minutes in. He is replaced by Krell, who is a great plot device as it really pulls out the clone's differing personalities. Rex and Fives are the stars of this arc, as we see Fives try to sway Rex to his way of thinking. Hardcase's fate genuinely pulled on my heartstrings, given that I remembered him from Season 2's "The Deserter". Though some say that the Umbara Arc being 4 episodes long resulted in it being too repetitive, I disagree. Neither the action sequences nor the clone's dilemma bored me, and so the 88 minute story interested me throughout. Jesse and Fives' execution is a memorable scene, with Dogma's clear inability to disobey orders an interesting contrast to Fives. That the clones weren't able to carry out the order is a fantastic character study. It all ends with a poignant meeting between the 501st and the 212th, with Waxer also meeting a sad end.

"So, it's treason then?" Indeed. Krell has two double-bladed lightsabers, and it's him against the entire 501st Legion (or at least it feels that way). Krell's taunting adds to the tension, and this is just a great sequence that the arc had been building to since the first episode. Rex's decision to execute Krell, shaking uncontrollably with the knowledge that he is about to kill a former Jedi and CO, ends with Dogma taking the shot, redeeming himself for his prior mistakes. He should get a new nickname. I can't help but see Rex's inability to take the shot as foreshadowing what is to come with Order 66, and Rex and Fives' pondering of the fates of the clones after the war just further enhances that.

Season 5
    Revival (hopefully the entire Shadow Conspiracy Arc)
    Reasoning: Hondo. Mandalorians. Maul. Savage. Satine. Black Sun. Unless the arc somehow fails spectacularly, this will likely be taking my top spot for Season 5. If it does, this spot will be occupied by the Younglings Arc, which was unexpectedly great.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    DarthTalgus respect for including Shadow Warrior and Brothers! I freaking love Brothers.

DarthTalgus and 07jonesj like this.
  6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Mortis. Yes, I liked Mortis.

It was not lacking in ambition, and though it irritatingly left questions unanswered in a way that bothered me like Prometheus, I think that also just meant that it needed a followup. In the same way that Prometheus could someday be regarded as a great movie if it gets a good sequel. But should there be no sequel, it's just annoying.

Beyond that, I loved the S1 finale and S2 openers. I like Maul's episodes, except Brothers. Yes, it was absurd to bring Maul back, but I like what they've done with him and where they are going seems interesting. Albeit I think they could have adapted a lot of the same ideas using Dooku. Though apparently the TCW crew thinks he's as lame as I do and don't seem to be interested in remedying Dooku's situation (which is a shame.)

Umbara was good, but just shy of great when they turned Krell into a maniacal villain with less depth than he seemed like he was going to have.

The episode with Slick (forget what it was called) was also enjoyable, as I felt the Malevolence and Ryloth arcs were. I also like the Slaver and Rako Hardeen arcs (minus The Box). The Citadel was also good fun IMO.

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    TaradosGon the episode with Slick is called The Hidden Enemy, one of my personal favorites and an episode that rarely gets bad-mouthed, even on LACWAC. I have a soft spot for episodes with Anakin and Obi-Wan without Ahsoka, and this is a great episode on its own merits with that line-up, so bonus awesomeness. Like Trespass.

Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  8. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    The decision to go back to Chistophsis in "The Hidden Enemy" and "Cat and Mouse" was brilliant IMO. If you're watching the series chronologically they provide a nice start to the series.

Seerow and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Cat and Mouse is also bonus awesome for being both a great episode on its own merits and featuring the team of Skywalker and Kenobi without Ahsoka.

FARK2005, JackG, Seerow and 2 others like this.
  10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    And it had Anakin and Yularen meeting each other! :D

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Now that they're using Yularen so much less it makes it even better to see him in the earlier episodes.

07jonesj likes this.
  12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Anakin and Yularen's, "How we first met" story was cool. I think "Cat and Mouse" is my favorite Anakin episode so far.

07jonesj likes this.
  13. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Ok, scince i don't know and remember the name of every one, I'll be just putting down the arc names for the most part.

Umbara Arc
    Fist Mandolore Arc
    Darth Maul Arc
    Bombad Jedi (One of the first episodes that got me into star wars, beleive it or not.)
    Young Jedi Arc
    Revival
    Point of no return
    Layer of Grevious
    Ambush
    Citidel arc

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    "Jar Jar’s stupidity actually help raise the tension"

15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I have only seen S1-4 so it's only gonna be episodes from there

Storm over Ryloth : Great character work and space battles and a villian who is not stupid, everything works.

Lair of Grevious : Grevious actually does something that makes him seem like a threat.

Hostage Crisis: Introduces Cad Bane a great charachter and has Anakin in a situation without a Lightsaber which does create tension.

Brain Invaders: A great tension driven premise with some great charachter moments, The duel between Barriss and Ahsoka was more interesting than Dooku V Anakin number 1452 or Obi-wan V Grevious number 2220 and of course Anakin's interrogation of Poggle with the Imperial march playing which works unlike in the Satine arc. To be honest I liked the whole Geonosis arc and wished Luminayra back and her dry banter with Anakin as I liked it.

Nightsisters: Great stuff Ventress becomes a flesh and blood charachter rather than just a failed assassin and Dooku kicking arse in his PJ's whats not to love.

The whole Krell arc and how he interacts with the troopers, Rex really comes alive in this episode for me

Wookie Hunt I liked this, not really for Chewbacca but for Ahsoka and what she does, that the end scene with Anakin was the one that sold me on there relationship and giving him an apprentice.

Crisis on Naboo : Obi-wan is great nuff said

16. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Guess I'm putting Eminence on my list of best episodes of the series.

17. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.