main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Fan Film

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JediKnightOfTheForce, Aug 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Waiting for the hour to be over with and bam I?ll be there to download first! :p

2. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Ok this hour has become 3 hours! Does anyone know where ells I can download Iron Fist of the Obsidian Sith? I really want to see this film. :D

3. VinDyr01

VinDyr01 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    I would like to view Iron Fist as well. Could anyone lead me to a better site that has it available for viewing?

Peace,
    VinDyr01

4. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    I think I enjoyed Broken Allegiance the most though. It had a good story and wasn't completely flashy effects. It was pretty character driven. I like that!

One of my other favorites will probably be my sequel coming at the end of the year... hehe... Well you never know... It could become the biggest disaster of fanfilm history too if I'm not successful!

5. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    In my humble opinion, it's a three-way tie between Broken Allegiance, A Question of Faith and KnightQuest.

I like the character development in these three films. Plus, when there is action, it's pretty f'n SWEET!

A close second is Bounty Trail and Seeds of Darkness. I like the 'comic book' feel of Bounty Trail and the massive FX scenes in Seeds of Darkness (plus it was shot right near where my parents grew up in Youngstown, Ohio).

Now... if someone would post what they felt were the worst fan films...

6. Bastion

Bastion Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Bobobear: I'm glad you rekindled interest in IFOTOS, would of been really sad if it was forgotten. My fave scene would have to be the starting space scene, beginning with the most original usage of the opening crawl (I wont give it away for all those who haven't seen it yet). The transition from the crawl to the ship chase was very fluid and you could really feel the speed! The Dark Raider has to be one of the coolest ship designs ever! I love that manga-style and the detailed ship markings.

You can tell they wanted to think of an original weapon with those missiles. Maybe a little too outside the box, but I laughed out loud the first time they were fired! :D

The soundtrack was very appropriate especially in that scene with the cool tribal-like drum beats. Really got the heart pounding, but managed to still sound very Williams-esque (I love making up words! ;)). Anyone know the composer? I reckon I need him to work on my film! :)

I tested the Tripod link and it worked for me when I put it up. Several people must have got it as Tripod doesn't usually play up like that. I'll try find another host, wish I had my own server! :(

[edit]I knew I forgot another of my fave bits! Easter Eggs! I love them on DVDs and movies, and there were several in IFOTOS. My two faves were (SPOILER-Highlight to read)the Reebok and potato, cool homages to the OT Eggs.[/edit]

7. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    "Tripod don't play dat."

M. Scott

8. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    Just found this thread, And for once read the whole thing. I'm surprised that "Iron Fist of the Obsidian Sith" was mentioned, after all the controversy that went down with it. I'm also really surprised by all the good reviews! I just watched it again to make sure, and I mean, come on!

Really, this film was overrated from the beginning. The hype machine preceding it made Prelude to Hope's inevitable release look like a b-movie release in a backwater town with no telephone.

Worse, it didn't deliver. The two fantastic effects sequences from the trailer weren't even in the film, and the effects that were in the film weren't near as incredible as people are making them out to be.

Granted, the story took the Jedi vs Sith battle in the woods to new heights, but only in terms of length. The fight choreography was cheese, as was the dialouge. They even stole the "I am your father" thing! Please!

Anyway, I have the film, so if anyone wants to see it, I'll try to put it up somewhere soon.

-tm

9. Golden-Y

Golden-Y Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 18, 2000
    Well, you guys who have seen it are making fun of me because I think that the film Signs is better than IFOTOS.

:(

10. Bobobear

Bobobear Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2002
    tumble:
    ...I can't believe that after all this time, you're still badmouthing it on the boards. Why don't you layoff and do something productive. Just because they kicked you off their team, don't blame them that the "two fantastic effect sequences" in the trailer was cut out. It wasn't even that fantastic. I'm GLAD they got rid of them.

Yes, I know that you made those "incredible" scenes...please, stop being a baby and ADMIT that you were a jealous newbie once, okay? Just because you've made a couple more posts than some of us and "appear" to have wised up, that doesn't make you an authority over people who registered in '00. So what, that they kicked you out of the Obsidian Temple. Get over it!

And, FYI, I thought it was horrible, the way you treated Ross publically. No wonder he's left for good...

11. DorkmanScott

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow. I must have missed this one by mere months. This sounds like a hell of a show.

M. Scott

12. Lord_Rive

Lord_Rive TFN Fan Films Staff star 4 VIP

Jun 29, 2000
    To tell you the truth, I'm glad that they seem to have fallen off the edge of the Earth. All the comparisons between Duality and Iron Fist really drove me crazy -- as if the two had anything in common aside from Star Wars. And then there were the misguided accusations that we'd stolen stuff from Iron Fist -- as if we weren't already deep in post production when they released.

Look -- there's a reason they've taken the thing off the web. Let sleeping dogs sleep.

13. DorkmanScott

Mar 26, 2001
    As for the "hell of a show," I meant the infighting, not IRON FIST.

I swear I was here from *before* the start of Duality, so I must have been here for this...HOW DID I MISS THIS?

M. Scott

14. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    FX: Duality [im still not sure if its the best?]

COMBAT: Art of the Sabre [although that is a Fx test]

ACTING: none

MOST WATCHABLE: Either Troops or A Question of Faith

15. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    As far as location shooting goes, Invisible Enemy takes the prize for it's forest scenery, but I also gotta hand it to Iron Fist of the Obsidian Sith for their desert sequences. It blew Desert Duel and Maru out of the water (or rather dirt) in that respect. I just about soiled myself when the attacker ships appeared.

By the way, keep trying the Tripod link to IFOTOS, it will work as long as you keep trying every so often.

16. Coll-Iceni

Coll-Iceni Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2002
    Fool Jesani. I knew I could drag you out of the shadows where you hide. Is a Jedi afraid to face me? You will have to ignore your fear if you hope to stop me. Once I locate Luminara's Saber I will destroy you once and forall. Or maybe I will send you to Kessel as a slave. That would benefit me even more. You could mine my spice for me.

17. CarlCampbell

CarlCampbell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2002
    D-Man, I also was here when troops was released, I also remember the interview with Drunks with Sticks on the IRC and watching attack droid time and time again, but I've never heard of this one....

Carl

PS: And I think its sad someone give any fanfilm a good acting rating. If AQOF is most watchable and not good for acting, you might as well watch the TPM Duel of the Fates 3 times in a row. It'd be the same thing. I think BA, AQOF, EOTF and The Formula have OUTSTANDING acting to mention a few.

18. QUI_TIN_TARANTINO

QUI_TIN_TARANTINO Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2002
    "ACTING: none"

have you seen The Formula or Broken Allegiance? :)

19. Vidman

Vidman Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2001
    Actually I remember talking to Sinclair Ross back in January 2001, via PM, about the same time we were writing BA. People think I 'borrowed' the name Calis for BA but if you are able to check the end credits for IFOTOS, you'll see the spelling is 'Kalyss' even though the pronounciation is the same. I remember checking this at the time. A common mistake. A great film though, pity it dissapeared off TFN...

;)

20. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    BoboBear-

Something Productive?! I built, from the models up, every effects sequence in the original cut of Iron Fist, and they dumped them! They dumped hundreds of hours of work without so much as an slight apology. Ross even changed his e-mail address! I couldn't get a reply from anyone on their team!

Worse, not only did they dump my high quality work, they replaced it, almost verbatim, with cheesy effects seqences from some garbage freeware tool. Get this straight: They stole my work! They duplicated every sequence I built almost exactly (as well as those talentless replacements could). Was my name in the credits? Not a chance. No credit, not a mention of my 25 pages of storyboards and notes, of my hundreds of hours of work. I planned, designed and animated the entire final space battle that everyone thought was so cool, and they replaced every modle with some crap version and took my name off the film.

You thought it was horrible how a I treated Ross huh? Please... You don't know the story, you weren't there, so keep your paws out of it.

-tm

21. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    That is terrible tumblemoster but I still would like to see this film, for posterity sake! :D

22. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Oooh this is juicy!

23. Golden-Y

Golden-Y Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 18, 2000
    Oh why are people re-awakening the dead? I thought this film went out for a reason. It went out kind of quietly and people have forgotten. And now, Bobobear has brought it back.

*Sigh*

24. yikes

yikes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    My favorit is Dualty.

I did like a question of faith, but I fealt there was way too my talking, although the talking was important to the story.

25. Leigh_Jesani

Leigh_Jesani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Coll Iceni, you'd better stop sending me those PMs, and not answering mine. If you'd have some patience, I could finish up "Luminara's Saber" and you and everyone else could watch it. I will NOT let you finish it. It's my movie.

Sorry, everyone else.

I like many different aspects from different films. A Question of Faith is a great story line, and I like the number of Jedi in it. Duality wins FX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.