main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Best films of 2005.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by dragonmaster9, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonmaster9

dragonmaster9 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    So what are your favorite films of 2005? Here are mine:

1. Batman Begins- At last Batman done the way it shoud be. I like this as much as ROTS but I think that this is a slightly better movie. I can't wait to see what they have in store for part 2. 10/10

2.Revenge of the Sith- I loved both of the prequels yet this film blows them out of the water. It has changed the entire Star Wars saga forever. 10/10

3. Kingdom of Heaven- Hands down the best sword and sandals epic in the past few years. 9/10

4. Sin City- Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller have crafted a soon to be classic of modern cinema. The most faithful book adaptation ever. 9/10

5. War of the Worlds- I do not scare easily but this film had me gripping my seat until my hands were sore. 8/10

Note: WOW would have been a perfect 10 but when it ended I wanted to know more (and not in the good way) so I knocked off two points.

Honorable Mention: Diary of a Mad Black Woman- I wasn't expecting much but it turned out to be one of the funniest and most touching films of the year.

2. Skywalker1243

Skywalker1243 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Don't you think it's a little early to be judging the best films of 2005? I mean we still have a lot of huge movies to go including King Kong, Harry Potter, and Narnia. Now summer of 2005 I understand. Here's my list.

1)Revenge of the Sith
    2)Batman Begins
    3)Sin City(even though it came out in april, ill still count it)
    4)Land of the Dead

3. dragonmaster9

Apr 13, 2005
    Sorry, I meant to ask what the best movies of the Summer movie season are.

4. Skywalker1243

May 19, 2005
    All right, cool. I forgot to add number 5.

5) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

5. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    There are rumors about an "UNDERWORLD #2" roaming around for 2005.

6. dragonmaster9

Apr 13, 2005
    I mildly enjoyed Underworld so I'll give #2 a chance.

7. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Oh, I saw Stealth, and is a good movie if you think about the technology and the flying skills and tactics... ROTS is number 1 so far. I haven't seen Batman or War of the Worlds.

Other rumors/information for movies are Doom (from the video games), Legend of Zorro (with original cast), Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire, King Kong. And I have to correct myself, Underworld #2 is for 2006. 2005 is when they finish filming it. I apologize. Now for 2006, alonf with Underworld, there is V for Vendetta, Ice Age 2, X-Men 3... and i'm trying to remember what other movies are for 2006. But I went far away from the topic of 2005...

8. dragonmaster9

Apr 13, 2005
    Eragon comes out in 2006 and Lady in the Water also will be released and of course Sin City 2(A Dame to Kill For).

9. Skywalker1243

May 19, 2005
    I heard Sin City 2 wasn't marked for release until 2007.

10. dragonmaster9

Apr 13, 2005
    On IMDB it says 2006, but it hasn't been updated since May so you still might be right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.