main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Best Force Moment ?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Erkan12, Feb 1, 2014.

?

Best Force Moment

1. You no longer need those. (Telekinesis)

5.9%
  2. If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed ! (Force lightning)

19.1%
  3. That is why you fail...(Telekinesis)

45.6%
  4. I find your lack of faith disturbing. (Force choke)

14.7%
  5. You have failed me for the last time admiral... (Force choke)

11.8%
  6. Remember, the force will be with you... Always...

8.8%
  7. Nooo ! (Force ghost)

2.9%
  8. Other

22.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I like when Vader snatches Han's blaster right out of his hand. He does it so nonchalantly, and Han looks so startled when it happens. Cool Vader moment.

2. fuzzbox77

fuzzbox77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2008
    There is something very special about the force call of Luke's lightsaber in the Wampa's lair. He's a force sensitive farmboy with minimal training and the tension of that approaching wampa in the distance (Original, not Special Edition) - personal focus vs. the little seen threat. Tension in performance, cinematography, the build up of William's cue and then the defensive attack. GREAT!

*My Top Force Moments:

- Ben's original Krayt Dragon call. How? Why? Force projected sound? YES! It scares the **** out of those supposedly fearless Tusken Raiders.
    - Luke vs. Wampa (as above)
    - The Emporer using the Dark Side to toy with Luke's emotions and feeling his anger/Force Lightning Great delivery and performance by McDiarmid.
    - Luke calling to Leia after the Cloud City escape.
    - The Jedi Reunited - Luke being the only one who can see the Jedi ghosts - Guinness, Shaw and Oz, um, Yoda... What an impact!

(Don't get me started on Christensen's unnecessary composited floating head) ;-)

3. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    In my opinion, the use of the Force in the Original Trilogy is less about a cool display of Force abilities and more about the characters and their motivations. You see Palpatine's casual contempt for the lesser beings around him and how easily he summons the Force. Darth Vader is constantly proving that he's the biggest, darkest badass around who shows no mercy for even his supposed allies. I think that Old Ben is a wily character whose connection/power in the Force has diminished over the years. He is able to subtly manipulate the minds of the stormtroopers, cheat death and is able to wield his lightsaber effectively when he absolutely has to. Yoda is just plain awesome because he holds an awful lot of power for someone so tiny. This is where we learn the biggest lesson in the Force.

It's really hard for me to choose what my favorite display of the Force is because they're all truly awesome and JW's musical score matches each of these feats almost perfectly. At the end of the day, I'd have to choose Yoda moving the X-Wing. It just says so much about both Yoda and Luke. Luke is clearly overwhelmed with he's seeing and you can really buy his disbelief with Yoda's awesome power. Luke is the perfect window to Star Wars during this scene and that was one of those scenes that really made me fall in love with Star Wars and its characters.

A close second would be Darth Vader's "I find your lack of faith disturbing" scene because it's so badass.

Marco1907 and Force Smuggler like this.
  4. WAC-47

WAC-47 Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2014
    Yoda lifting the X-wing out of the swamp. It was a really meaningful scene to Star Wars mythos. The simplicity of that scene shows off the force better than anything else IMO.
    We didn't really know what it was until that point.

"That... is why you fail."

I really like the subtlety of the Force in the Original Trilogy. Telekinesis, telepathy, mind tricks, foresight and visions.

There's something to be said for subtlety. Not to change the subject but that kind of hurt the prequels I think. What's worse is I sympathize with the wanting to show the Jedi Order at the height of its reign, and really making the Jedi shine, but the Force really loses some of its mystique in their all their flashy abilities and over abundance.

I'm not holding my breath but it would be great if the next saga brings the Force back down to earth, so to speak.

lovelikewinter, Erkan12 and Sarge like this.
  5. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Mine is "You have failed me for the last time admiral"

Marco1907 likes this.
  6. YourGoulden

YourGoulden Jedi Padawan

Feb 11, 2014
    My favorite is basically any time Darth Vader Force chokes someone. Especially "You have failed e for the last time, Admiral." So much bad-guyness in those moments.

Marco1907 likes this.
  7. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Yoda lifting the x-wing is probably my favorite, just a really well done scene.

Also Vader choking Ozzel was one his best moments.

MOC Yak Face and Iron_lord like this.
  8. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    "That is why you fail."

It's simple and direct. The Force is inside of you and only your confidence can unlock its powers.

9. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013
    You have failed me for the last time. Vader and Admiral Ozzel are not even in the same room when he kills him.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  10. Darth Ukendt

Darth Ukendt Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2015
    I personally preferred "These are not the droids you're looking for," It was just the first real taste of the jedi way.

Sarge likes this.
  11. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Palpatine's terrifying display of Force Lightning (let's be honest he could have killed Luke instantly with it, but instead he wanted Luke to suffer)

Honorable mention: Yoda lifting the X-Wing - Amazing music, visuals, and a great lesson in humility for Luke to learn.

Darth Ukendt, Sarge and Iron_lord like this.
  12. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Same. I really like that part of the saga. It was, for me, the first real introduction to the physical powers the Force had.

PymParticles and Messi like this.
  13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Darth Sidious's Force Lightning! It shocked the crap out of me when I first saw it!

14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    As much as I love Darth Vader, I gotta give it to Yoda. Seeing that X-Wing rise up despite everything, despite common sense, is wondrous and a very emotional moment. It's like suddenly, magic is real.

15. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    #1. Not sure if it's intentional, but your poll gives the option to vote more than one answer I believe.
    #2. My favourite is "this is why you fail..." because it's just perfect in general.
    #3. Second favourite is probably "we would be honoured if you would join us...." used to give me the shivers as a kid. So threatening, such impending doom.

16. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    This. =D=

DarthSheev likes this.
  17. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I've always identified with Luke in the Wampa cave reaching out for his lightsaber. At this point his training and understanding of the Force is minimal, he is in an imminent life or death situation, with the Force being his only solution to get out, and he reached out and successfully called upon it to get his lightsaber. It was just such a do or die failure is not an option type moment. Imagine if he had gotten distracted. There is no try, right? The Jedi theme that plays during that scene is very strong and fitting as well.

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015
    Yoda lifting the x-wing has a strong meaning and the soundtrack was just awesome.

But I have to mention that Luke in the Ice Wampa's cave is the one I like most.

DarthSheev likes this.
  19. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    Wampa Cave - Luke's first real time using force abilities knowingly.
    "Move along" - the first time Obi-Wan shows a glipse of what the force is able to achieve.
    Vader's first force choke.
    Palpatin'e force lightening
    Ben's voice to Luke after he's been struck down on the Death Star and in the X-Wing.

DarthSheev likes this.
  20. HeadingSouth

HeadingSouth Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2014
    Yoda lifting the X-Wing is definitely my favourite force moment.

21. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    My top three would be:

1. Palpatine's lightning in Episode VI ("Young fool, only now, at the end, do you understand") [face_devil][face_skull]
    2. Luke reaching out to Lea after getting whooped by Vader :(
    3. Yoda lifting the X-wing out of the swamp with the awesome music :)

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Actually i've always thought the most powerful moment was when Vader created a windstorm during the fight with Luke, pelting him with objects and hurling him out of the room.

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That is a good moment as well.

24. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I also love this little force moment.

25. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    I think the most powerful display is Vader hurling all those objects at Luke while continuing to duel him. As far as I can tell, that seems to be the only time someone is using the force to lift (and throw) objects while also being able focused enough to continue a duel. Another powerful force moment is when Darth Vader force chokes Ozzel through the hologram.

As for best force moment, I can't decide. Each force moment is great in its own way.

Sarge and Force Smuggler like this.