main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best GBA Games so far

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Kevin, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Okay, what are your opinions of the best GBA games so far. Let's separate them into two categories: original, and ports.

ORIGINAL:

Metroid Fusion
    CastleVania: Harmony of Dissonance
    CastleVania: Circle of the Moon
    Sonic Advance 1 & 2
    MegaMan Zero
    Bomberman Tournament
    F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
    Wario Land 4

PORTS:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    MegaMan & Bass (a port of the non-U.S. MegaMan 9)
    Super Mario Advance 1,2,3
    Mario Kart (amalgam of previous MK)
    Super Ghouls and Ghosts

2. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Personaly, i think that Golden Sun is the best out there. Im not too much a fan of GBA games because theyre too short, not too much replay value, horrible graphics, and well, i guess thats it, but the gameplay is all i look for. Golden Sun has that. That and A Link to the Past was a great game.

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I got a GBA last Tuesday, and I bought Zelda with it. Awesome game. :cool:

Tonight I bought the Sapphire version of Pokemon, and so far, it's looking good. I'm hoping to grab Kirby and Megaman soon too.

4. Darth_Fisto

Darth_Fisto Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    I only got into GBA when I bought my GBA SP. I consider ALL the games I've bought so far to be brilliant (something I don't think about my PS2). Just goes to show that the GBA is a great little gadget:

Tony Hawks 3
    Colin Mcrae 2.0
    Duke Nukem Advance
    Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Mario Advance 2
    Mario Kart
    Doom (well, I like this, but its not as good as Duke)

5. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Zelda: ALttP

Metroid Fusion

6. DarthRender

DarthRender Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    Mario Kart

7. President-JarJar

President-JarJar Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    Well right now, I'd have to say Pokemon: Sapphire! ...on my Brand New Cobalt Blue GBA-SP! ;)

Nintendo RUles.

8. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...well, so far, i'd say the best
    game is "Pokemon Sapphire".. It's the one i've gotten the most play out of, and goshdarnit if it isn't just as addictive as the original Pokemon (red and blue) games... (i wasn't a huge fan of Silver and Gold)..

Second place goes to "Mario Kart"..

AFter that, there's a sharp drop-off in quality.. Most GBA games can be classified as either a) Huge disappointments (the Castlevania games.. I do not understand why they were so praised.. Found them very dull, and way to easy) or b) a port of a game i beat 10 years ago (sure Link to the Past was a great game, but i've ALREADY PLAYED IT TO DEATH)

All in all, till POkemon, i was feeling as if my GBA was one of the worst Videogame purchases i've ever made..

If you really forced me to, i'd probably list "Star Wars: The New Droid Army" as my third favourite game, simply because it was ORIGINAL (and it was kinda cool, though way to short)

"Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" wasn't bad, if you enjoy "Diablo"..Though again, it's much tooo short..

"Golden Sun" is alright, but overrated.. I don't think it's nearly the experience that most game reviewers would have you believe..

"Street Fighter 2" was a surprisingly faithful port, but again, a game i've ALREADY PLAYED..

I am kind of looking forward to the GBA port of "Wing Commander: Prophecy", just to see how well they pull it off...I'm a Wing Commander affecianado..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.