main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Helmets....?

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by scoutsniper, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoutsniper

scoutsniper Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2005
    Who or what are the best helmets for StormTroopers? Ebay has some great deals right now..and was just curious. Also there is a fiberglass molding kit for sale...check it.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6545610167&category=37887&rd=1

2. scoutsniper

scoutsniper Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2005
    That would be cool to get and make armor...(over and 0ver again...lol)

3. SliP_SitH_KnoT

SliP_SitH_KnoT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2004
    I would Love to get into costume making.Especially for Imperial costumes such as Stormtroopers and such.I have no job or money to back up that staement so i'm out of luck.As for the best places o people to get molds from,well ebay is an obvious choice.I'd say ask TenguJedi.He knows an awful lot about costuming.As for somone else,I'd say Jimmy Burns of the georgia 501st Garrison.I met him at C3,he has one of the best Sandtrooper costumes i've ever seen.You can reach him at TK1025@ga501st.com

4. Xanthe_ShHarr

Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2003
    try ritchies armor or the kits that your can get on ebay are the best when you get them all you have to do is maybe trim a bit to your size and sand the edges, put some touches on it put the velcron on to keep it on the scuba suit you would buy. That way is the easiest unless you buy the costume from a previous owner. Making would be tuff unless you have vacuum forming skills.

5. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    If you can wait a couple more months, MasterReplicas will be making a stormtrooper helmet for a cheaper price than other companies. Right now they have a darth vader, clone trooper, and shock trooper helmet gonna be released soon.

6. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    The MR Helmets are more intended for display pieces rather than costuming. They will have all the padding and gear inside to wear them, but I doubt anyone will want to risk the high price of these helmets doing it for long.

As far as what maker to go with, it depends on what kind you want. None of the manufactured ST helmets are very good. Most ST armor wearers use kit built helmets. For TIE Pilots, Don Post made some decent helmets before losing the license to Rubies. THe RUbies helmet is a bit larger than the DP, but both can be modified to be accurate for costuming. The AT-AT Driver's helmet is just a modification of the TIE helmet.

7. SliP_SitH_KnoT

SliP_SitH_KnoT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2004
    Along the lines of what Dave said,the MR pieces were ment for display.I talked to several 501st troopers about MR weapon props,and the majority of them said they looked really nice but were quite fragile.And extremly heavy.And heavy and fragile don't mix.[face_flag] But that's America!

8. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Heavy and fragile especially don't mix when you are talking about trooping for several hours!

Lighter and durable/easily fixable make trooping a lot better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.