main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Heroes of Might and Magic Game?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Sep 5, 2008.

?

Best Heroes of Might and Magic Game?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Heroes of Might and Magic

8.3%
  2. Heroes of Might and Magic II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Heroes of Might and Magic III

50.0%
  4. Heroes of Might and Magic IV

8.3%
  5. Heroes of Might and Magic V

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    This poll is Nat Approved. :)

**expansion packs included in the same answer as their corresponding game

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Haven't managed to play any of them.

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    For those who might not know the game, look here! :)

I have been playing this game since the first one came out in 1995. It really is my favourite turn-based strategy game and I find it extremely addictive. Many years of playing have allowed me to build up some serious kick-butt strategy, though of course it differs slightly with each version of the game.

Heroes III, particularly along with its expansion pack Armageddon's Blade, is my favourite of the five. I still play I and II for old times sake (seriously, I LOVE the bright colours, goofy animation and storybook drawings of the first game), but III is the best. I think it's the most well-developed of the five. It's campaigns provide a significant challenge (anyone actually beat Dragon Slayer?) and its "Expert" level single scenarios are challenging as well. Plus, I love the variety given in the single scenarios. The various factions are my favourite in this game (though Conflux from the expansion packs is questionable :p ). HoMM V may have all the pretty graphics, but as far as gameplay goes, nothing beats out III for me. :)

(I am hoping that there are other HoMM players on these boards :p [face_praying] )

4. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Heroes III is without a doubt the best game in the series, with #2 a close second. 5 wasn't too bad, but 4 was a complete and utter flop and failure! Love playing hot seat with my family at home! Oh and I did beat Dragon Slayer....on expert.....the first time I played. The key to winning that campaign believe it or not is rushing. You can't sit in your castle and build all day.

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I did eventually win Dragon Slayer on expert. The only episode that I really struggled with was the Faerie Dragon one. I officially hate Nagas. [face_frustrated] And yes, you're right about the rushing bit. I had to get past my tendency to want to sit in the castle all day. I learned how to play effectively by rushing when I did this campaign. ;)

:p

I've played IV once or twice and never got into it, so I don't actually own it. I believe I'm not missing out on much.

II is a treasure. [face_love] I love ghosts! Just... not when I'm fighting them. :p

6. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    I voted 4. But 2 was a close second.

2 was super fun, I used to play it all the time. But I like number 4 more because of the newer stuff they put in it. And the Campaigns in 4 are awesome.

7. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Haven't played any.

8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Heroes III. Archangels flying across the map to slay those nasty looking Arch Devils FTW.

9. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Say what?

10. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Meaning the archangels at the bottom of this page flying straight across the battle field to attack the archdevils at the bottom of this page because they're generally the first troops that get to move at the start of a battle. Angels do %150 damage to devils and vice versa, but the angels always move first. Which is sweet because then you get to smash your enemy's highest level creature.

Castle totally pwns Inferno any day. I've never been defeated by Inferno while playing Castle and the Armageddon's Blade campaign was the easiest of all of them from that expansion back.

I love archangels. [face_love]

I got to play the game again today after finally getting home. I specifically did not install any of the games on my laptop because then I would be addicted and would not do any homework at university. :p It was nice to get back to them today. Wish I had the expansion packs for Heroes V since I've played all the maps and campaigns for Heroes I-III and V and really need something new. :p

11. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    heroes 5

12. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I enjoyed the third one the most.

13. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
Thread Status: