Best Idea EVER!

Discussion in 'Southern Nevada, NV' started by Acthar_Sm-Ith, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I have no idea where this thought came from, but bare with me as I try to explain it.

We can make a movie using JK2.

We have people download all the skins, maps, mods, whatever we can find, then everyone joins a map (no time limit). We could have everyone be a character (on screen or off)and have 2 or 3 spectators as camera men (they will be recording a demo). Now we can either just have text or do voice overs to the demos and try to get them to a video format. I think that this would be a lot of fun if we could do this right.

What do you guys think?
  2. cbielich Jedi Knight

star 3
    DOOD!!!!!!!!! That is a phat idea. We can have the spectators do screen shots for our charecters in motion and stuff like that. We can do it on out LAN party to. Dood that would be so phat.

C
  3. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    well we can have the spectators get into positions before we start "rolling", so we can have different camera angles, then they can start recording demos so we have real motion. Just think of the movies we could make with this. good fun.
  4. JonnyFlamehead Jedi Knight

star 3
    actually that wouldn't be that hard to do, I say lets do it! It'd be fun!
  5. cbielich Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    so who will write up our script? I think it should be a movie about a gang on tatooine who join up with a crime syndicate (twin suns syndicate?). Everything is going well for the young hoodlums in there criminal dealings, until the empire gets involve. Lots of blaster fights, lots of fun, high explosive weapons, illegal dealings, and a good way to get our name out if it turns out well.
  7. JonnyFlamehead Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll leave the script and story up to you guys and I'll just worry about the technical aspect of it, ie: editing and cutting...
  8. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    well first off, is it possible to convert a demo into and .avi or .mpg format?

Next, do we want to do just text and/or voice overs?

Last, woot.
  9. cbielich Jedi Knight

star 3
    Also I can use the movie we make as part of the intro thing for our website. Kind of like the intro for the quake game. Some rockin music while they see us fight.

C
  10. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    heh heh... I just ahd a funny thought: We need a costume design group (to make skins and models), set designers (mappers and what not), special effects people(mods), camera men (spectators), actors (the players), Extras (bots), and directors (to direct, duh). This could turn out really well.
  11. JonnyFlamehead Jedi Knight

star 3
    I did some research on taking the demos into .avi and so far it looks like it's not possible at all, sooooo we might be able to do it with a capture card? I don't know, does anyone have one?

Also you guys might think about posting on the Las Vegas boards and see if anyone over there is interested in helping.

I'm sure Raith will be interested as soon as he read's this thread
  12. Inaen Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dude!!!! You're a freaking genius!!!!!!!!!

I can write and direct!!!
    I am totally into this.
    Lets talk more about this!!!
  13. Inaen Jedi Knight

star 3
    If its alright with you guys, i will start getting a story together. Also after i get some of the story, I will be doing the "casting". Goodness, I dont think I will ever find a job!!!
  14. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, if I do join in the actual "taping" of the movie, I would only want to be a minor character as I wouldn't be able to have the same verbal interaction you guys have while taping. I want to do the camera work, and if I can get jk2ed to work again I can do the set design. I agree that if we can get more people involved, the better it will be. I think that mayhaps we should also use the mod jk2++ as it allows the admin to squelch the people he/she chooses, making it easier to not have people "talk" whilst "rolling"
  15. cbielich Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have windows media converter software that can capture a screen as it play's. All you have to do is minimize the screen in quake and capture the movie as it plays. Yeah I can do it man, and My machine has some serious power so I can do it on mine if you want.

C
  16. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    ok, we some some powerful machines in order to do the recording. These machine need to have no lag at all or the shots wil be ruined. I volunteer to do some camera work as well. I would enjoy that aspect. I am sure someone will be willing to do the editing to (looks talon's way)
  17. cbielich Jedi Knight

star 3
    My machine has 1.8 P4 with 1.5 gigs of ram, 120 hardrive space and a Raedon 7200 64meg vid. SB Gold Live. you an use mine if you would like :)

C
  18. JonnyFlamehead Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeah the jk2++ mod does have good server admin features but I have an admin mod that does the same thing so don't worry about it.

Inaen you'll want to get together with Acthar on the story, and Maybe Talon, as I'm sure he'll want to be a part of this. C and I can do the technical stuff.

...and I think I'm being redundant with my posts so I'll shut up...
  19. DarthRaith Jedi Master

star 2
    YO! This is the greatest idea ever. Fantastic even! I have one question though, How do you do the demo thing? I've never messed with that. This sounds like a great idea though.
  20. JonnyFlamehead Jedi Knight

star 3
    Interesting problem...

I was trying to record a demo last night and I kept getting an error. It would kick me out of the server with a different error every time I started to record. So I'm going to research this problem I guess. I'd like some help on that if you guys wouldn't mind. So here are directions on recording a demo...

bring up the console and type g_synchronousclients 1 (yes I know that's not spelled right, but that's what you have to type)

Then type "record" to start recording

type "stoprecord" to stop recording. So try this and let me know how it works out.

you might want to bind a key for record and stop record.
  21. cbielich Jedi Knight

star 3
    Did anyone figure out the DEMO thing yet?

C
  22. DarthRaith Jedi Master

star 2
    I was able to record a demo, yes. In fact the COOLEST thing EVER happened while I was doing it. I put a bunch of Jar-Jar's on the map becuase I figured people would enjoy watching him die,...alot. Anyway, I was in the middle of a fight with the evil gungan when we both jump up and start walking up into the air off of each other's feet!!! And I have it all on 'tape'. It was so beyond cool.

But yeah, I got a demo to work.
  23. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool, this idea just takes steps closer and closer to a reality :) As soon as Inaen comes up with a basic plot, I will make some sets/scenery. Then we do some tests and what not and find some good "actors" :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.