main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best indy game?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rogue_Squad_Leader-, Mar 15, 2003.

?

Best indy game?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Fate of Atlantis

72.2%
  2. Infernal Machine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Emperors Tomb

16.7%
  4. The Last Crusade (gameboy)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Indiana Jones adventures (SNES)

11.1%
  6. Indiana Jone's Desktop Adventures

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
  2. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    i wish fate of atlantis would work on my computer :(

3. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Wasn't there a Temple of Doom game? I remember playing it at the arcade as a kid.

4. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Its definitly the Emperor's Tomb. Its incredibly good. :D

J_J

5. bountyhunter2999

bountyhunter2999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    What about young Indiana Jones for sega?

6. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    Fate of Atlantis was my favourite, especially with the three different styles of game you choose early in the game. The fighting was always good. :D

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You missed a bunch of games out (which is why "threads" are often superior to "polls"). Not least of which was the LEC adventure of "Last Crusade".

Never mind, I voted FOA regardless.

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  9. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    FOA is teh bets!!1!11

I played through it again a few months ago and it still stumped me in several parts.

10. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure is best Indy game ever.

But Fate Of Atlantis was almost as good so I can give my vote to it. And it certainly has one of the best intros in history of adventure games.

11. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I voted for FOA but Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure is a real close second. There were just so many different ways to solve it that you had to play about 10 times before you could beat EVERY puzzle!

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    The last time I played Last Crusade, I had pretty low health on entering the castle, and simply couldn't get anywhere without being killed. :( Gave up after a while. But I think I'll dig that game out when I finally finish Grim Fandango.

13. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Is TheRaider.Net affiliated with TheForce.Net in any way? The style of the pages seem similar.

14. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    FOA was my favorite. :)

15. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Fate of Atlantis

16. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    "Is TheRaider.Net affiliated with TheForce.Net in any way? The style of the pages seem similar."

Me and the webmaster were friends a long time ago from an Indy message board and he used to own Indy's Excavations and when he was making TR.N he told me how he wanted to make it an Indy version of TF.N and when Infernal Machine came out we had made an IM website together. Heehee, I remember him showing me the early versions and I said "That's a ripoff of TF.N!"

That guy is a jerk, though... :mad: Man, I always wanted to vent about that. ARRGHH!

17. Imperial_March

Imperial_March Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Wits path was the best.

18. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I loved FATE OF THE ATLANTIS even though I never beat it (never got around to reinstalling it on the computer after we moved, too).

I remember THE TEMPLE OF DOOM arcade game, though I only placed it occasionally, as well as the NES version. Both were fun, though I was always frustrated with the NES version because sometimes it just wasn't clear what you were supposed to do. I loved whipping the Thugees in the mine cars, though, and stunning the crocodiles with your whip so that you can walk across their heads. :D

19. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Had to go with "Fate of Atlantis", though as others have noted the Last Crusade adventure game is a close second.

**potential spoiler in next paragraph**

There was something innately satisfying about figuring out that you need to get Biff the Nazi nice and drunk before you are able to physically defeat him after you've been clobbered into submission something on the order of 87 times...

**end spoiler alert**

Anyhoo, the multiple paths in Fate of Atlantis, coupled with some truly clever puzzles, and the ever-brilliant writing makes it top-dog in my book.

Would you like to buy a leather jacket?,
    Yours Truly

20. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    FOA is the only one I've played and enjoyed. I tried Last Crusade I think - couldn't get out of the underground tunnels in Venice. [face_plain]

21. Imperial_March

Imperial_March Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    The hardest part on Last Crusade was the journey from Berlin to the Canyon of the Crescent Moon.

The hardest parts in Fate of Atlantis was when you moved the sun/moon/earth panels into position and it STILL DIDN'T SEEM TO WORK!! even when everything seemed to be in the right place.

s p o i l e r

At Atlantis I remember the satisfaction when I worked out by myself that the "contrary minded" meant I had to turn everything round 180 degrees.

Sam and Max courtesy of Steve Purcell

Seagull curtesy of Loom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.