main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Best Laid Plans- Vader vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VadersMistress, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Best Laid Plans

I look at him everyday and smile. As painful as it is, I smile. I smile because I know he does not have long on that throne before I take over. I bide my time and plan carefully because one wrong move and he would kill me. I have to be careful not to think about the plan when I am near him. If I were to slip, the price would most terrible.

He sits on the throne ordering me to destroy, to kill, and I do it. I have destroyed planets at his bidding. But soon I will be in control. He will be dead and I will rule. I shall enjoy killing him. Sometimes I lie in my chambers and think about how I will kill him. I think of striking him down with my lightsaber or perhaps strangling him. Such a difficult decision.

He has made me into what I am today. He fooled me into thinking I would rule with him. I thought we would be partners. How naïve I was. I am his lapdog who jumps every time he throws an order at me. Late at night I look at the throne when he has gone to bed. I imagine myself sitting it and telling everyone what to do. I am feared now, but imagine what it will be like when I am the Emperor.

I must take my time in planning this. He is powerful and has many people who would be all too happy to kill me and take my place. If he were ever to become suspicious of what I am doing he would kill me without a second thought. I may be his right-hand man but I am still disposable. To him, everyone is disposable.

When I was young, people would talk about my destiny. Some still do. I wonder if I have fulfilled it. Maybe I was supposed to leave the Jedi Order and serve the Emperor. No. That cannot be. The Jedi Masters would have seen it and left me on Tatooine. They were obviously wrong about me. I am not the Chosen One. So who is the Chosen One? Maybe my child would have been if I had had children. Perhaps killing the Emperor is my destiny. Nothing is clear to me except anger and the power I posses.

I wasn?t always like this. I was young once, and in love. I was a Jedi apprentice and a most powerful apprentice at that. Then he came into my life. He tempted me with power and wealth. I left my beautiful wife and the Jedi Order. I still see her face in my dreams. She is laughing and smiling but then she starts crying. I see her dead on that bed we once made love in.

It is said that she died three years after I left. They say she died of a broken heart. Maybe it is better that way. Now she no longer has to grieve over me, now she is not disappointed in what I have become. I wish I had built a life with her though. I wanted many children with her. She died alone; she had no one after I left.

What have I done? No, I cannot think like that. What?s done is done. There is no going back. Soon I will rule the galaxy and everyone will bow to me. I left her to gain power and that is what I will do. I did not leave her in vain. Did I?

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Wow! Truly chilling. I loved the foreshadowing.

Great viggie!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very nicely done! Vader is very much his "Vaderish" self, so he's quite firmly in character. Great job!

4. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Very chilling, and melancholy too. Good story.

5. Fated2Bdespised

Fated2Bdespised Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2004
    Ooohhh... Vader's leaving Palpy?? I particularly enjoyed the part of him missing Padme. I also enjoyed the part where he was saying it was good she died. How very chilling. Really great Viggie!

6. Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    Whoa! That was kind of creepy, but in a good way. You did a great job on showing that Vader still had some emotion and maybe that is why he hates so much.

Great viggie!

7. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
  8. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Nice work. Good character portrayal. This reminds mo a lot of what Lucas once said,

And for thousands of years, the master would teach the apprentice, the master would die, the apprentice would then teach another apprentice, the master, and so on. But there could never be any more than two of them, because if there were, they would try to get rid of the leader, which is exactly what Vader was trying to do, and that's exactly what the Emperor was trying to do. The Emperor was trying to get rid of Vader, and Vader was trying to get rid of the Emperor. --George Lucas

9. ShaydremMoon

ShaydremMoon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    I loved the bit about Padme! Very sad, especially the end.

^_^

10. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Somehow I missed this fic when you first posted it.

Very well done. Loved the forshadowing.

How many times can we say it, poor Anakin! :_|

(Don't know if I will be able to handle episode 3. *sigh*)

11. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    It was a great vignette, sad.. :( But very well done :)

12. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    Thank you all! Once I am done with my homework (blegh) I will try to leave comments. I just wanted to say that I appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.