main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY BEST LEADER AGAINST THE REPUBLIC/EMPIRE

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TK8049, Mar 6, 2009.

?

BEST LEADER AGAINST THE REPUBLIC/EMPIRE

Poll closed Mar 6, 2009.
  1. Count Dooku

60.0%
  2. Princess Leia

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    OK we got the leader of the Seps goin up against the leader of the Rebs. Pick 1 and please give a reason I don't care how lame it is!!!!

2. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    I'm gonna go with Dooku. Leia ultimately has the big victory but I think Dooku was phoenomenal at rallying lots of systems to his cause and Leia could only muster a "small and insignificant rebellion".

3. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    I had to go with dooku as well. I think if dooku had been around to fight leia and the rebellion he would have crushed them. Leia and the rebels could'nt think two moves ahead while Dooku thought like palpy, intergalacticlly and the whole picture. I mean who in the rebels thought an ice base was a good idea, the imps found them before they even finished it, what a bunch of tards. Pv

4. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Both were pretty weak I think. But I think we are overlooking something, neither were "the leader" at the time. Dooku was kinda the leader but still answered to Sidious. So with Sidious playing the whole Clone Wars out like a $2 fiddle how can one say that he was that great a leader? He followed orders thats about it. Orders given by him by Sidious who is playing both sides at the same time. Sidious was a the great puppeteer who orchestrated everything to bring about his ultimate goal. On to Leia. Leia was only a young beurocrat. The may have become the face of the rebellion but she was still low on the totum pole. She still answered to Mothma and Belibilus (sp?)that we know of. Hell she even answered to Reichen on Hoth as her superior. I find the question flawed. Bottom line Dooku was a pawn, Leia was the face at the right time of a lucky shot....or make that 2 shots. lol

5. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006

[face_laugh]

6. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    I'm going with Leia and I have a couple of reasons for that. One, she had to take a small alliance of a few influential individuals and planets, and create a coalition from many different planetary systems and sectors. Many of those she ralled to the banner of the alliance had issues with other members. She had to navigate a minefield of political and cultural disagreements to form a true alliance that could stand firm in the face of the empire. Two, Leia was able to overcome great personal loss (the destruction of Alderaan) and continue to lead the rebellion with distinction. The fact that such a loss did not cripple her is a testament to her abilities and skill as a leader. Thirdly, Leia did not have these enormous commercial interests backing her. Dooku had the International Banking Clan, the Trade Federation, The Technounion, and many others giving him financial, military, and material support. Leia had none of that support. Sure, she may have had the Moncalamari, but that is a drop in the bucket compared to Dooku's warchest. In my opinion, a leader who can do more with less, like Leia, is the better leader. Fourth, the true quality of a leader can be judged in the quality of their followers and commanders. Dooku had droids as followers and soldiers and based on what we've seen from the films and cartoons, the droids were definitely not quality. And as far as commanders, the only one that I consider a true commander is Grievious and he has been shown to be pretty ineffectualy in that position. Look at Leia now. She was able to take volunteers, smugglers, and gamblers among others, and create a fighting force that was able to overthrow the empire. Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Lando, a smuggler, farmboy, and gambler became key figures in her command staff and rose to the occassion admirably. And finally, when you think of wars in terms of history, the true quality and worth of a commander is in their victories. Dooku lost. Leia won. And in the end, history is written by the winners. Now, some may say it was just a couple of lucky shots that won the war but like Obi-wan, I firmly believe that "In my experience, there's no such thing as luck."

7. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    I'm not sure I can believe Dooku lost. Dooku died yes but the Sith did win "the war". Are we even sure Dooku hads intentions of winning. This war is ultimately between the Sith and the Jedi so what Dooku/Palpy have to plan out is how many clones and battle droids do i need to make it look like General Jedi died fighting for the Republic.

8. Wil_Sinistar

Wil_Sinistar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2006
    Leia. Dooku couldn't rock the gold bikini anywhere near as well. Boom! Roasted

9. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I didn't know that Leia was even a leader. What about Dodonna and Mon Mothma? I thought they were the leaders? I only saw Leia getting her sweet behind out of situations and passing along orders. Oh, and then getting chained up to a big slug.

And then Dooku - major pawn, and always doing what he was told.

They both were pretty spunky and proud of themselve, but not sure that made them leaders. Oh Count, oh Princess, it is so typical how the upper class do try to take all the credit.

I have to agree with TKYTROOPER a lot. And I just can't vote for either.

10. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    Thank you Sithmonger. Maybe you other guys should watch a movie or two. lol Well Sinister's point is well taken but still not a "leader".

11. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    General Dodonna/General Riekan/Mon Mothma none of these FRAKS stole the plans to the Death Star which ultimately lead to its destruction. You can put whoever you want as leader of the Alliance but everybody in that alliance knows Leia did that and everyone in that alliance will follow her for it.

12. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    By that rational R2 must have been second in command. lol

13. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Wait, did you get Leia confused with Kyle Katarn, who was recruited by Mon Mothma? Leia was just transporting those plans. She didn't steal them personally. But, slow down, TK, no need to get so defensive! She's not even your girlfriend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.